2004 Switch Switch 51
Fort Lauderdale FL, US
This Switch 51 is a long- range capable, performance cruiser with dual Dagger Boards that help her point well and reduce drag. Her higher bridge deck clearance insures a more comfortable ride in all seas. This owner’s semi-custom version with 3 cabins and 2 heads looks elegant and is built strong, not a heavy, charter or mass -production boat. Designed by the world famous VPLP group, NEKO is a beautiful example of the fine Catamarans built by Sud Composites in Sete, France.
This Turn-Key, ready- to- go performance cruiser has everything you need for world-wide cruising with minimal crew. Her owners have optimally configured NEKO for safe long- range cruising. The starboard hull is the owner’s suite, it is unusually spacious with lots of storage and a huge head with a large shower forward. She has all new standing rigging, running back stays, an electric winch and 3 head sails on roller furlers. A stay sail, a genoa and a screecher provide many options for various points of sail. There is also a symmetrical spinnaker with a dousing sock for down- wind performance. The Switch 51 is strongly built using a foam core vinyl-ester sandwich construction above the waterline and solid fiberglass below the waterline to make her light and stiff.
* Raymarine Autopilot with wireless remote and Raymarine Nav instruments
* 8 KW generator
* European and American wiring 240 and 120 VAC outlets throughout
* 2 SS 12 volt refrigerators 1 SS 12 volt freezer
* 720 watts of solar panels
* 840 AH in 4 gel house batteries
* NKE M.O.B. system with 4 bracelets
* Raymarine AIS650 Transponder
* ICOM 802 SSB with auto-tuner and whip antenna
* Spectra Newport water maker with auto-flush and salinity control
* Iridium Sat phone with an external antenna
* Dual band wifi antenna and router
* 2017 re-certified 4 man life raft
* AB 10.5 foot RIB dinghy with Sunbrella dinghy chaps and a 4 stroke 20 HP Suzuki outboard.
There are many more features and extras that make NEKO an excellent value. The wood work joinery is beautiful and functional with a large settee for indoor dining yet it still feels open and spacious. The cockpit is uncluttered and roomy with plenty of space to sail or entertain in comfort. The owners have taken great care of her and are done cruising so don’t miss your opportunity to own a fine world class cruiser like this one, Switch 51’s don’t come up for sale very often, call Just Catamarans today!
Full SpecsLISTING DETAILS
The hull, bulkheads, nacelle, deck, roof and cockpit are constructed from fiberglass/vinylester and foam sandwich composites and the interior fittings are made from honeycomb. The monolithic bottom hulls are made of solid glass reinforced vinylester. She is fitted with grounding skegs to protect the saildrives and crash boxes located at the bows and at the swim platforms. Her engine rooms and forepeaks are both equipped with watertight bulkheads. She is the twelfth catamaran of the Switch 51 series and is CE approved – Category A (Ocean).
Layout and Accomodations:
- Starboard owner’s hull: Entire owner’s hull closes off from salon.The stern cabin has a queen size bed 160 x 200cm (63″ x 79″) with a desk and seat. Double sink and electric toilet in head forward, with separate stall shower forward.
- U-shaped saloon table seating 6.
- Chart table with swing-out seat, room for computer, printer, charts and electronics.
- Guest hull : 2 double cabins plus one head amidships with electric toilet.
- 16 BTU air conditioner in main salon and 12kBTU air conditioner in owner’s hull
- Large cockpit/deck saloon: teak flooring and trim.
- Set of cushions with sunbrella covers.
- Dual helms with Lecomble & Schmitt hydraulic steering, leather wrapped stainless steel wheels, and chartplotter and engines controls at port helm.
- Cockpit lighting; outside speakers.
- Copious cockpit storage.
- SS davits, with 3 Sanyo 240W solar panels.
- Stainless steel fixed bimini with cloth + net and side curtains.
- 2 x 55HP Volvo d2-55 diesel engines
- Volvo sail drives with three blade folding propellers
- The 2 engine compartments are soundproof and totally independent from accomodations, with access from the swim platforms
- Fuel: 220 liters (58 gal) starboard tank and 400 liters (106 gal) port tank, for a total capacity of 620 liters (164 gal)
Deck and Rig:
- Fully-battened mainsail (Dacron perf), 78 m2 (839 ft2), 3 reefs, lazy jacks and a lazybag
- Genoa (Spectra) 50 m2 (538 ft2), with UV protective strip on a Profurl NC52 furler
- Staysail (heavy Dacron) 21 m2 (226 ft2) with UV protective strip on a Profurl NC 42 furler
- Gennaker 80 m2 (861 ft2) on Profurl EC 4000 gennaker furler
- Symetrical spinnaker 145 m2 (1561 ft2) with sock.
- Mainsail track + ball bearing cars – Frederiksen
- 1 Winch – 46 ST Andersen
- 5 Winches – 52 ST Andersen
- 1 Electric winch – 52 EST Andersen
- Dynex Dux shrouds and running backstays - all standing rigging replaced 2015
- 13 deck hatches, 8 opening port holes and 2 Goiot escape hatches
- Full sunbrella awnings to cover salon and hulls foward
- Lofrans 1200W Tigres windlass with foot operation and remote in the cockpit
- Main anchoring gear
- 1 Rocna 73lb anchor + 300ft of chain +150ft of 1” 8-plait line (10mm anchor chain is new and has never seen water)
- Secondary anchoring gear
- 1 anchor BRAKE (52 lbs) + 80ft of chain + 200ft of 7/8″ Samson Super Strong double braid line
- 21lb alu. Fortress FX-37
- Storm anchor: 47lb alu. Fortress FX-85
- 2 plastic water tanks of 220 liters (58 gals), i.e. a total capacity of 440 liters (116 gal)
- 2 stainless steel water heaters of 40 liters (11 gals) wired to accept 220V (1500W) and 110V (500W) power, for use at all docks and on generator
- Spectra Newport 400 Watermaker, with auto flush and salinity control
- 2 holding tanks stainless steel with epoxy coated interior 55 L (12.2 gals)
- 4 Jabsco 1500 gal/hour bilge pumps – one in each hull and engine room + 2 manual pumps – one each in each hull
- 2 Jabsco 500 gal/hour shower sump pumps in heads
- Splendide washer/dryer in starboard forward compartment
- Hot/cold shower on port transom
- Large galley sink, with mixer tap and Seagull fresh water filter
- Dietrich oven
- 4-burner Gaggenau stove
- 2 Stainless steel 12V Refrigerators 130L Isotherm
- 1 Stainless steel 12V Freezer 90L Isotherm
- Propane on auto-changeover regulator with solenoid and propane sniffer
- Propane grill and 20lb tank mounted on custom aft rail mount
- 2 engine gel batteries 80Ah
- 4 house gel batteries 210 Ah
- 2 engine alternators 60 Ah Volvo with boosters
- Two (2) 220V Mastervolt 80A charger and one 110V Mastervolt 100A Combi inverter/charger for a total of 260A simultaneous charging capacity (Lithium ready)
- One 220V/50hz Mastervolt inverter 2000W and one 110V/60hz Mastervolt inverter combi 2500W.
- Electric system allows boat to plug in anywere in the world and run any appliance
- Generator with cover connected to port fuel tank– Fischer Panda 8kw, new 2015
- 3 solar panels – Sanyo HIT240S 240W + Midnite Classic 200 controller
- 220V and 110V outlets throughout cabins + 2 12V outlets at chart table
- Mastervolt batteries monitor and FP genset control at chart table
- 1 Raymarine e-127 MFD at nav station
- 1 Raymarine e-125 MFD at port helm
- Raymarine ST60 wind, tridata and maxiview instruments over companionway
- Raymarine ST60 Multi in owner’s cabin
- Raymarine AIS650 AIS transponder
- Raymarine HD radar integrated with MFD’s
- 1 Standard Horizon GX2150 fixed mount VHF radio with AIS
- Lecomble & Schmitt hydraulic autopilot pump with Raymarine SPX30 course computer (with spare), with P70 and wireless remote controllers. AP also controlled by chart plotters
- 1 GPS – GP30 Furuno
- 1 ICOM M802 SSB Radio with AT140 auto tuner and whip antenna and pactor modem
- 1 Dual stereo receiver with 2 external speakers + 2 speakers in the saloon, bluetooth capable with multiple input sources
- Iridium Sat Phone with external antenna.
- One dual-band Groove wifi antenna wired to internal wireless router
- AB 10′ 6″ inflatable dinghy, with Sunbrella chaps and anchoring gear
- 20 HP outboard engine – Suzuki, 4-stroke
- NKE man overboard system equipped with 4 bracelets
- Fire/smoke detectors in engine rooms
- Galerider drogue with 400' dedicated 3/4" double braid line
- Plastimo 4-man liferaft, recertified in 2017
- Lifesling, MOM-8 inflatable MOB device, liferings
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Photos may not properly reflect the current condition of the actual vessel offered for sale. In some cases stock photographs may have been used and/or items shown in photographs may not be included. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.