2005 Island Packet 370
Rock Hall MD, US
Comfort & Performance – Well Maintained – Ready to Cast Off – Air Conditioning, Thruster & In-Mast Furling – Low Hours – Not to be Missed!!!
The Island Packet 370 was the culmination of IP’s mid-thirties designs that began in 1989 with the very successful 35 and then improved through the 37 and later, the 350. She features two private sleeping cabins, a large saloon with a great galley and nav station. Her Dining Table as with all Packets is stored against the bulkhead when not in use making a very large, roomy and comfortable living area. She has a deeper and wider sugar scoop swim platform than earlier Packets. Her hull, keel, rudder and cutter rig have all been "tweaked" over time to provide a cruising boat that is easy to handle with good sailing and power performance. The current owner has cruised the boat since he purchased her in late 2010 and has maintained her very well. No Wahala is a great example of the Island Packets and is well worth seeing.
The Island Packet 370, "No Wahala" is a roomy, airy and comfortable 37 with two large private berths and a big single head with separate stall shower.
Beginning at the bow, the Forward Cabin has a large island berth with easy entry on either side. A large opening hatch and 2 opening ports as well as a 12V fan provide great ventilation. On starboard of entry is a large hanging locker and a cabinet with 2 shelves. Across on Port is a matching 2 shelf cabinet. There are shelves on both sides of the hull forward of the cabinets plus even more storage under the berth including a large blanket/linen bin, and a wide and deep drawer under that.
The Head follows aft on port with private entrances from forward cabin and main saloon. Highlighted by a separate shower stall, the 370 has a commode and sink with storage above and below the sink. The Head stays cool with an opening port and hatch.
The main saloon follows aft with a bulkhead mounted table that is out of the way when not in use. There are 5 opening ports, a large opening hatch, and 2 dorades that provide ventillation even with everything closed up. The facing settees are comfortable and covered in blue leatherette with storage under and behind the settees. The Electrical Panel is found on port inside the aft cabinet.
The big "U" shaped Galley features a microwave, 3 burner propane stove and oven, very large refrigerator with freezer box, and plenty of counter/work space. The galley is also well ventilated with opening hatch and port plus a 12V fan. There are 2 wall mounted lights and a ceiling light. Still more storage is found over and under refrigerator and stove.
The Companionway is centered with the easily accessible engine room under.
The private Aft Cabin features a large athwartship berth with the same innovative storage as the forward cabin. The entry is aft of the Galley and has a multi- purpose Nav Station inside the entry. There are Repeaters mounted above the desk with room for additional electronics. A large built in hanging locker is aft of the Nav Desk.
Four steps up and you are in the large Cockpit with enough room for sailing, entertaining as well as napping. The Sugar Scoop Swim Platform has two molded in steps making access/egress in and out of the cockpit very safe and easy.
“No Wahala” has a beautiful dark blue hull. She is a head turner wherever she goes.
- 16,000 BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air Conditioning
- Raritan Electric Commode w/Manual Pump '13
- Alaskan Keel Cooled Refrigeration/Freezer
- Solid Teak and Ash Cabin Sole
- Non-Skid Fibreglass Sole at foot of Companionway, in Galley and Head.
- Corian Counter Tops in Galley and Head
- Chromed Reading Lights throughout
- Peek a Boo Privacy Port Shades throughout
- Port Screens
- OceanAir Pull Out Hatch Shades and Screens
- Blue Leatherette Cushions in the Main Saloon
- 12 Volt Fans: 2 in Forward Cabin - 1 in Aft Cabin
- 1 Portable 12 Volt Fan
- Frigoboat Alaskan Keel Cooled Refrigerator/Freezer System with Digital Panel
- Force 10 LPG Gimalled Stove and Oven
- Tappan Microwave
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- Manual Fresh Water Pump
- Slide out Trash Bin
The Island Packet 370 has a 12 Volt Ship and two 120 Volt Shorepower Systems with one dedicated to the Reverse Cycle AC/Heat Unit. UL Listed Marine Pre-Tinned 600V used throughout.
- Fischer Panda 4KW Generator
- Prosine 1800 Watt Inverter
- Two Shorepower Cords
- 3-AGM House Batteries & 1-AGM Engine Start Battery '15
- Charles 40 Amp Battery Charger
- Balmar 100 Amp High Output Alternator w/Voltage Regulator
- 12 Volt Outlets at Nav Station and under Helm Seat
- Propane Fuel Detector
- AccuGauge Fuel, Water and Waste Tank Monitor
- Galvanic Isolator with Remote Status Panel
- Fuel Fill Alarm
Electronics & Navigation
- Raymarine Knot, Depth, and Wind Instruments Pod Mounted over Companionway
- Additional Depthsounder at Helm
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot at Helm
- E80 Raymarine Radar, Chartplotter & GPS at Helm with second unit at Nav Table (both units integrated with Knot, Depth and Wind Instruments)
- Davis Windex
- Ritchie IP Compass at Helm
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio at Helm with Remote at Helm
- Active AIS through VHF Radio
- All Nav/Running Lights Switch on/off from Helm
- Time Tide Clock
- Sharp Flat Screen TV with/Toshiba DVD Player
- Shakespeare TV/FM Antennae
- Alpine Stereo System w/6-CD Player & Alpine I-Pod Interface Cable with/Cabin and Cockpit Speakers
Sails & Rigging
"No Wahala" is a High Aspect, Mast Head Cutter. All Sails are equipped with Furling Systems and all lines are led aft to the Cockpiit Except the Headsail Halyards. There is a Spare Main Halyard led aft to cockpit
- In Mast Charleston Spars Mainsail Furling System
- Quantum Furling Mainsail, 110% Genoa & Staysail
- Storm Jib & Trysail
- Harken Genoa Furling with 110%
- Harken Staysail Furling with Hoyt Self Tacking Boom
- 2 Lewmar ST 44 Primary Winches
- 2 Lewmar ST 30 Coach Top Mainsail Halyard, Furling & Sheet Winches
- 1 Lewmar 8 Coach Top Mounted Staysail Sheet Winch
- 4 Coach Top Spinlock Rope Clutches
- Lewmar 8 Staysail Halyard Winch on Mast
- Lewmar 10 Genoa Halyard Winch on Mast
Hull/Deck & Related Gear
Island Packet 370s have a solid glass hull with "integral full foil keel", Bow Sprit and Sugar Scoop Swim Platform. The deck is synthetically cored.
- Muir Anchor Windlass with foot Up/Down Controls at Bow and Rocker Up/Down Controls at Helm
- Anchor Wash Down System
- Anchor Rode Chain Lock on Starboard and Chain Pin on Port
- 15KG Plow Anchor with 3-Strand Nylon and Chain Rode
- 35# CQR with Chain Rode
- Dodger w/Side and Aft Handrails
- Bimini with Storage Boot & Connecting Panel
- Kato Dinghy Davits
- Kato Outboard Motor Lift
- Edson OB Stern Rail Mount
- Teak Cockpit Table w/Leaves
- Synthetic Drink Holder on Stern Rail
- Yanmar 4JH4-SBE, 54HP Fresh Water Cooled Diesel
- Duplicate Racor Diesel Filter Systems
- Lead Lined Sound Insulation
- Lewmar Folding Steering Wheel with Leather Cover
- Sidepower 6HP Bow Thruster w/Joystick Control at Helm
- Electric Bilge Pump w/Automatic/Manual Switch
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.