2006 PDQ Antares 44
Stuart FL, US
GABRIDASH, a 2006 Antares 44 is a world-class sailing catamaran. A one-owner yacht that has been expertly maintained and constantly upgraded by her very knowledgeable owners. She is an Owner’s model with three staterooms, an office, a tool/workroom, a large galley, one head with separate walk-in shower, spacious main salon, comfortable aft cockpit, with great light and visibility throughout, and much more.
The Antares 44 was designed and built to be “The Best Live-aboard Catamaran” and in GABRIDASH, here is the living proof. Designed to be sailed by one or two persons, the Antares 44 deck layout is second to none. All sail controls are led to the helm station, and electric winches make sail-handling effortless. GABRIDASH is a well-founded blue-water cruiser, at home in the ocean, as well as anchored in a lagoon. Please contact the Listing Broker to get a detailed list of all the latest upgrades and improvements made to this “turn-key” yacht.
Vessel History: Purchased with the intent of living aboard full time. GABRIDASH has cruised throughout both the Eastern and Western Caribbean and the US east coast. The owners currently live aboard and will continue to do so until the boat is sold.
Full SpecsLISTING DETAILS:
- 2 queen cabins; 1 queen berth in office area; 1 head
- Cockpit area can seat as many as 15 comfortably, salon as many as 6 comfortably
- RayMarine Navigation System C-127 and 3 ST-70 units provide depth, log/speedometer, windspeed and direction, plotter, autopilot with Smart Controller wireless autopilot remote with instrument repeater, compass, and GPS.
The system also displays radar overlays.
Radar is mounted on mast.
The system also displays the AIS send and receive system as an overlay on the plotter screen.
Fish finding capability and second transducer also included.
All electronics associated with the Raymarine system are new as of 2014.
- Horizon Quest VHF Radio and antenna.
- Dynaplate with grounding strapping.
- Very Loud Hailer (VLH).
- Sony 27" Bravia flatscreen TV set in salon.
- Fusion Entertainment Center which includes DVD/CD player, IPod player, radio, speaker control with handheld remote and cockpit controls. There are surround-sound speakers in the salon (6) and four additional speakers in the cockpit.
- Built-in Iridium Extreme Satellite Phone with power charger/docking station and handset.
- Built-in ICOM HF Marine SSBradio model IC-M802. Includes antenna, digital modem, and automatic tuner. Installed 2006.
- Electric Bilge pump(2-one for each hull)
- Air conditioning in the form of heat pumps (18,000 BTU CruiseAir AC in salon with ducting into port forward berth new as of 2012, 2 X 6500 BTU AC in port stern stateroom and starboard stern stateroom...starboard unit New in 2013;
- Heating is accomplished with the heat pumps;
- Hot water Tanks 10-gallon Quick (2-one in each hull-both New as of 2011);
- Fresh water maker Spectra MKII Newport 400 as of 2015. 245 hours as of Feb 2017.
- Washer/dryer combo Splendide original equipment;
- Galley: Corian countertops throughout;
- Princess propane oven original equipment;
- NEW 5-burner stainless steel propane cooktop as of 2017;
- Microwave/convection oven original equipment;
- Stainless steel backsplash for cooktop and sink counters;
- Seagull water filter in galley double sink;
- Jabsco Quietflush marine head with large bowl original equipment;
- Refrigerator with digital temperature controls as of 2009;
- Freezer box with digital temperature controls as of 2009;
- 9 -Hella fans in cockpit (2), salon (2), 3 staterooms (1 ea), kitchen (1), and tool room (1).
- Designer Reading Lights - 2 above the beds in each of the three cabins.
- LED Lighting - 40 LED lights in cabins, salon, cockpit, head and galley.
- TankWatch monitors for each water tank and holding tank.
- Tool Room located in forward port hull. Includes work bench, shelves and storage.
- Master cabin mattress is a SleepNumber air mattress with remote control air supply regulator.
- Phantom screen door and sliding glass door between salon and cockpit.
- Chart cabinet houses Charts flat. Is located in salon starboard side.
- Shore power inlets (2) 30 Amps each; batteries - 6 6-volt rolls technology marine batteries providing 1220 Amp hours in dedicated battery box New 2015;
- Solar panels (4-50 watt original equipment) built in to cockpit hardtop ;
- Wind generators new in 2015 (2) by SuperWind.
- Electricity from all sources is fed via the Mastervolt 200 amp combiner/inverter into the house batteries.
- Distribution panel with controls for both 12v and 110v power.
- Generator - 6 kw Northern Lights diesel generator with sound insulation box, original equipment. 3475 hours as of Feb 2017.
- Cockpit flooring is MARINEDECK 2000 installed 2015, includes transom steps, one step forward on each side and partial hardtop areas.
- Cockpit cushions New as of 2013.
- Cockpit table, teak custom made with hydraulic lifting system and in/out capability new 2015.
- Helm seat is NEW 2017 fore/aft convertible double bench seat with first mate's seat on port side with view forward.
- Recessed handlheld cockpit shower located on port transom. Also fresh water washdown.
- Swim ladder on port transom.
- Stainless steel arch with integrated bench and Davit system...4-person bench is elevated for excellent viewing forward.
- Radar reflector is on mast.
- Dinghy/OB is an 11-foot AB dinghy with St Croix seat/helm control system and 20 hp Tohatsu outboard, New as of 2011.
- Off-shore 6-person life raft in pelican case and cradle by Winslow recertified in 2015.
Two 20- pound propane Tanks located in fiberglass rope lockers on stern transom.
- Built-in Brownie Electric Hookah diving system. Located in stern step locker on port side.
- EPIRB mounted on cockpit bulkhead, automatic deployment.
- Hard top over cockpit with Stratoglass panelled dodger. Water drainage system allows water to be directed off the hardtop to the deck via edge channels and unobtrusive piping.
- Complete Sunbrella screen/Strataglass panel enclosure for cockpit, as of 2014. Each side has two screened panels as does the center of the dodger where the Strataglass can be rolled up or completely removed for ventilation.
- Salon panoramic windows covered with Phifertex screen for sun and UV protection in salon.
- Mainsail cover NEW as of 2012.
- Stern cockpit walkway covered by a Sunbrella shade as of 2012. Lazyjack system with new lines as of 2015. Both forward sails have UV sacrificial facings and are on roller furling.
Sails and Rigging:
- Mainsail - fully battened CX-T mainsail fabric, 616 sq feet, Harken mainsail sheet system on hardtop, 9-foot Harken traveler with car with 6:1 traveler controls, two reef points (reefing system completely reconfigured in 2015), adjustable topping lift, rigid Quick Vang boom support system with controls fed back to cockpit, and downhaul line fed through rope clutch in cockpit. All halyard/sheet/reefing lines fed back to cockpit. The sail is original equipment but was cleaned/repaired in 2014.
- Boom - boom is equipped with a "Maintamer" unique to PDQ boats. When sail is lowered the mainsail is stored within the fiberglass cradle.
- Jib - 248 sq feet, 9.62 oz CX-T fabric blade jib, self-tacking on forward deck, furling line fed to cockpit winch, Furlex furling gear, sheets also lead back to cockpit.
- Genoa - CXT laminate Cruising Genoa 472 sq feet. Uses the jib Furlex system. Additional track, fair leads and Harken STA winches were installed in cockpit area to accommodate sail handling. The sail was cleaned and patched in 2014.
- Screecher - Harken Code Zero furler positioned at the end of the bowsprit. Sail is 635 sq feet. New as of 2014.
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker - 1083 sq feet. Controlled from the foot of the bowsprit.
- Ettienne storm Jib - 150 square feet.
- Parasail - Symmetrical spinnaker with vent in body of sail allowing the spinnaker to withstand much higher wind speeds than other spinnakers. Controlled by two lines each side of the boat, the sheet on the outside of the boat and coming back to the cockpit and the control line fed through a block at the point of the hull then back to the cockpit.
- Mast - Selden mast is deck-mounted anodized aluminum extrusion. All halyards are internal and it also acts as a conduit for all wiring. Wired with a steaming light, deck lights, anchor light, and tri-light.
- Bowsprit - 4- feet long supported by screecher sail and shroud lines leading to foot of each hull. Has a slide system on front of boat which allows the bowsprit to be stored on the front of the boat when not supporting a sail.
- Winches - Harken Electric STA48 self-tailing winches (2); Harken manual STA48 aluminum winches (2). All winches are original equipment.
- Deck Cleats - 12" cleats - two amidships on each side, one at the bow on each side, two cleats located port and starboard stern deck, and one at stern on inboard of transom each side for drogue deployment.
- Bow Pulpit seats - integrated forward seats.
- Grill - Magnum stainless steel large grill mounted on stern.
- Standing Rigging - Selden double diamond stay configuration. Original equipment.
- Batten Cars - Selden.
- Primary Anchor - 118 kg Rocna anchor with heavy duty swivel, 100' of 3/8" galvanized chain and 200 feet of 5/8" rode.
- Secondary Anchor - Fortress FX-23 with 100' of galvanized chain and 200' of 5/8" rode. Anchors are stored at front center of boat on double bow rollers. Includes bridle hardware.
- Hurricane Anchor - Fortress FX-55.
- Windlass - Quick 1000 with deck control.
- Sea-water wash down and fresh water wash down in Anchor locker.
- Trampoline - Super Mesh, 30 oz weight.
- Fenders - 2 - 60" circumference Polyform; 6 - 30" long by 34" circumference Polyform.
- Dock Lines - four at least 60 feet, four around 25 feet, black, 5/8".
- Opening Hatches - 2 in salon, 1 over galley, 1 in head, 1 in office, 1 in tool room, 1 in generator locker, 1 in battery locker, 1 each in stern bulkhead of port and starboard cabins, 2 - custom built hatches in the cockpit. All hatches are Bomar except the two custom hatches in the cockpit. The hatches in the salon, galley, and office have OceanAire screens, two of the hatches located in the stern port and starboard staterooms have detachable bug screens. 5 forward deck hatches include day/night solar fans. Two escape hatches located onboard in each aft stateroom.
- UV window/hatch covers - all hatches and windows are made of UV resistant glass.
- No winch or helm covers.
- No water toys convey.
- Bottom Paint - September, 2016. Sandblasted bottom to fiberglass. Repainted with three coats Interlux 2000 barrier epoxy then three coats Petit Trinidad hard bottom paint.
- Prop-Speed: September, 2016. Sanded props and shaft then applied Prop Speed.
- All bilge seawater strainers upgraded to Groco 750's.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Photos may not properly reflect the current condition of the actual vessel offered for sale. In some cases stock photographs may have been used and/or items shown in photographs may not be included. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.