2013 Leopard 48
Unknown , GD
AWARD WINNING 2013 Leopard 48 Owner’s Version
This South African built, Robertson and Caine design catamaran is an evolution from the wildly popular Leopard 44 – great made better!
Anyone boarding this vessel will be drawn to the forward lounging area. Walk straight through the salon and right out the door to discover comfortable seating with stairs that access the bow. A retractable roof adds to ventilation or shade.
But I digress…take a step aboard the wide swim deck-style transom with easy dingy access and more lounging space. Immediately, you will notice a clear path to both sides of the boat without invading the entertainment space in the cockpit. The cockpit space is massive and the owner has installed custom stools to add to the seating area. The middle seat is convertible to view forward or reverse. The is a fainting-style lounger across from the dining table.
Enter the wide sliding doors that expand the outdoor living space. Again, there is a lounger next to the inside dining table. The table can fold in half when not in use. Large double sinks, Culligan water purifiers and retractable spray spigot are a kitchen delight! Massive storage and a Force 10 stove top of the galley details. Easy access to the electrical panel just inside the main door with a forward facing nav station.
A study hand rail leads down the starboard side to the owner’s cabin. The door slides across for privacy and security. A comfy love seat greets you as you set inside. To the right is the large bed with access to both sides, a custom fan for ventilation and tons of ambient light. Walking forward, you will find a hanging locker and a vanity table. The head includes a walk in shower and washer/dryer. Port are two identical cabins with en suite bathrooms.
The raised helm station has room for two and amazing visibility to all sides of the boat. This also allows for the captain to be isolated from the entertainment area. Two electric winches, one manual winch and all lines running to the helm station make it easy for single or short-handling.
Other extras include:
- Three electric heads with salt/fresh water flush option
- Three Cruise Air Units with individual controls
- 1120 total solar wattage
- Custom Sunbrella cushions made by Merle Stewart, Florida
- Bimini rain collection system
- WIFI Booster
- Manson 80 lb primary anchor
- Electric winch for dingy davits
- UV window shades and hatch covers
- 2 x inflatable SUP
- Deluxe fishing gear included
- Massive tool inventory and spare parts
This is only the second owner (bought when it was 9 months old) and currently living aboard. This means constant updating and improving the features on the boat. Major services on engines and generators by authorized dealers only. The sale of this boat is due to family matters.
Don’t miss out of the opportunity to buy this turn-key catamaran!
Full SpecsManufacturer Provided Description
Leopard Catamarans is excited and proud to introduce the award winning Leopard 48. Focused on blue water performance and comfortable living, the Leopard 48 is a welcome addition to the award winning Leopard line.
Interior Layout and Amenities
- Wood laminate flooring
- Cherry wood finish
- Vinyl & leather salon couch fabric
- Cherry wood salon table
- Four hanging lockers
- Navigation station
- all LED light interior
- 110 V Cruise RO Water maker 32 gPH
- Cruise Air A/C 40,000 BTU x 3
- Two hot water heaters
- 3 x 12 volt, 2 x 110 v cabin fans
- Raymarine Navionics and Garmin Blue Water Charts
- Raymarine depth sounder
- Raymarine i70 x2 wind speed & direction model
- Raymarine P70 autopilot
- Raymarine VHF radio x 2
- MC 802 single side band radio (not functional)
- Raymarine chart plotter
Mechanical and Electrical
- 8 x 100 watt, 2 x 160 watt solar panels (1120 watts total)
- Northern Lights 9 kw generator (2020 hrs)
- 2 x 30 amp shore power
- 2017 Victron Multi-plus charger system
- 2 x 80 amp alternator
- 9 x 110v electrical sockets
- 2017 Victron Multi Plus 110v 3000w 120 amp inverter
- BM 700 Battery Monitor
- Yanmar SD 50 sail drive
- Vitrifco 12 V Fridge/Freezer
- Vitrifco 12 V Fridge/Freezer
- Double stainless steel sink
- Jabsco 3.5 Freshwater pump
- Force 10 three burner stove/oven
- Corian countertops
Sail and Rigging
- Fully battened 997 sqf mainsail
- Furling Genoa 581 sqf with Z spar Furler
- 63' Aluminum mast
- 2 x electric & 1 manual Lewmar winches
- Two bow pulpit seats
- Custom cockpit cushions (front & rear)
- Magma BBQ grill
- Solid hardtop Bimini
- Deck shower
- All original rigging (2013)
- Various running rigging replaced as required
- Stack pack with lazy jacks
- Standard sail cover
- 80 lb Manson primary anchor
- 160 feet of chain and rode
- Delta 30 KG secondary anchor
- 30 ft of chain and 170 feet rope secondary anchor
- Six fenders with covers
- Dingy Davits (raises on electric warn winch)
- 10 Bomar hatches
- Ocean Air custom window shades
- UV hatch covers
- Custom clear helm cover
- 2 x inflatable SUP
- Swim platform
- Assorted deluxe fishing gear
"We are the second owner. Original owner took delivery in 2013 planning to sail with his wife. After a short period, she fell ill and the boat was put up for sale. The boat has always been owner occupied and maintained to the highest standards.
The current owners have been live aboard for three years consistently updating and improving equipment and features on the boat. The boat has sailed from Florida to Grenada, WI over the last three years.
All major services on engines and generators have been carried out by authorized Yanmar and Northern Lights dealers."
- Life vests
- MOB gear
- Medical kit
- 4 Electric bilge pumps
- 2 Manual bilge pumps
- Hand steer emergency tiller
- Many & assorted tools & spares
Blue Feather was launched at the Miami Boat show in 2013 as hull number 1. She had to be beautifully built and equipped for the first showing of Leopard Catamarans outstanding new boat. The boat has sailed between Florida and the Caribbean.
The current owners will return to Australia upon sale because of family matters. They are happy to stay with the boat until sold.
- Splendie Washer/Dryer
- 32 inch flat screen TV internet enabled
- Stereo system with 3 output fader
- Culigan water purification system at galley faucet sink
- Towels and custom fit sheets
- All galley equipment including ice maker, crockery and cutlery
- Custom fit mattress, pillow top in owner's cabin
- Custom shades and privacy blinds
- Custom Tek-Dek flooring
- Alpha WIFI long range antennae
- Marine books, charts and owner's manual
- Tools, cleaning equipment and spares
This is a true walk on sail off sale with everything included. The owners will depart only with personal clothing in their suitcases so the new owners will take possession of all equipment and supplies on the boat too numerous to list. Lying in Grenada, Blue Feather is ready for the new owners to fly in, take possession and sail away.
Things that need attention
- Some caulking needs to be replaced
- Cosmetic crack in the Starboard owners cabin window
*Owner is working on the repair at time of listing"
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.