"BELLATRIX" is a true blue water passage-maker, ready to take her crew comfortably & efficiently to any destination or simply enjoy weekend cruising or racing on Biscayne Bay!
She is a Scheel-keel version drawing only 5’2", so she’s also ready for the Keys and Bahamas. She is one of the original Sparkman & Stephens designs and is equipped with many extras.
Hull number 64 is ready for her next voyage.
Shoal Draft 5ft 2in
Feathering Max Prop
Water Maker (needs flushing)
Garmin GPS (2015)
Fixed Engine Fire Extinguisher (2015)
Dodger, Bimini, Sail Cover (2014)
New Batteries (2018)
Full SpecsBoat Name
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: 5444-M50
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Power: 44|horsepower
Fuel Tanks: 1 ( 47 Gallon )
Holding Tanks: 1 ( 17 Gallon )
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
"BELLATRIX" accommodates (6) total. (4) in two private staterooms, with settees to port & starboard for (2) additional guests. The varnished teak interior and teak and holly cabin sole provide a warm and welcoming ambience.
Starting forward is an offset double berth with a removable filler/seat. Outboard shelves provide storage. An overhead hatch provides ample light and excellent ventilation.
The large head is located to port, aft of the forward cabin. The head features a separate shower area with ample storage for linens. There is a Y-valve, holding tank, Raritan manual head and macerator pump for the head discharge. Opposite the head are two hanging lockers with louvered doors.
The main salon is open and very spacious. A bifold table is located aft of the keel-stepped mast & accommodates 6 for meals. The L-shaped settee to port pulls out to create double berth. Another settee to starboard converts to a single berth. Also to starboard are large lockers for storage.
The galley is located on the port side aft with double stainless steel sinks, dry storage,3-burner stove with oven, Adler Barbour 12-v refrigeration and storage for dishes, cookware and provisions. A Princess microwave is installed above the refrigeration.
The navigation area is all the way aft on the port side. Features include a large chart table, seat, electric panels and storage.
Across from the galley is a wet locker and the aft stateroom with a double berth, large hanging locker, seat for dressing and a bureau. Opening ports and overhead hatches provide natural light and ventilation.
Hull and Deck
The cockpit is large and has impressively deep coamings. There is a large cockpit locker to port. Decks are wide with substantial teak toerails. The molded non-skid deck is heavy duty and in very good repair.
Bellatrix was last hauled in the spring of 2017 with no evidence of osmotic blisters.
- Maxwell 1200 Windlass
- Bruce Anchor 44lB w/30' chain and 250' Rode
- 44lb Delta w/250' 3/4" rode and 100' chain
- Fortress Anchor 35lb w/30' chain
- Cockpit Shower
- Sun Shades
- Binnacle Compass
- Destroyer Wheel 40" (wrapped)
- PYI 3-Blade Feathering Maxprop (re-greased Nov 2014)
Electronics and Electrical
- New House Batteries (2018)
- Garmin GPS Map 547 (Sept 2015)
- Raymarine SL72 Chartplotter
- Raymarine ST60 Instruments (Depth, Speed, Wind)
- Raymarine ST6000+ Autopilot
- Raymarine Tri-data
- Universal M50 Diesel, 44HP (4880hrs)
- 100 Amp Alternator
- Fixed Fireboy System (Aug 2015)
- Tachometer w/hour meter (Aug 2015)
- Xantrex Battery Charger
- Freedom 2000 Charger Inverter
- Village Marine 200 Gpd Watermaker (needs flushing)
- PYI 3 Bladed Max Prop
- Maxwell 1200 Windlass
- Marine Air Air Conditioning 16000btu
- PYI Dripless Packing
- Raw Water Washdown (anchor/deck)
The U-shaped galley is to port of the companionway and with two opening ports has excellent ventilation.
- Alder -Barbour Refrigerator
- Corian Countertops
- 2 Stainless Steel sinks
- Whale foot pump (Aug 2015)
- 3-Burner Propane Stove & Oven (2 bottles in deck locker)
Sails and Rigging
- All standing rigging and most running rigging replaced 2017
- Barient ST 32 primary winches
- Barient ST 27 to port and 24 to starboard for halyard and reefing
*All winches serviced July 2015
- All halyards led aft to coach roof w/stoppers
- Dacron Full Batten Mainsail w/Stack Pack
- UK 110% Furling Jib
- Hood 135% Genoa (refurbished 2013)
- Cruising Asymmetrical Spinnaker
- Dodger, bimini (new strataglass 2014), & sail cover
- Additional full length awning for shade
- Six USCG Type 1 Adult PFDs
- Four USCG Type 2 Child PFDs
- One USCG Type 4 Throwable Horseshoe
- Fire Extinguishers: 4 handheld Dry Chem B-1 ABC Units
- Fixed Fireboy System, Halon (New Aug 2015)
- High water bilge alarm
- Two Rule 2000 electric bilge pumps with float switch & manual
- One manual bilge pump
- Satellite 2 EPIRB (Serviced July 2015)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.