1996 Catalina 400
St Petersburg FL, US
A "must see" for anyone shopping for a 40′ cruising vessel from Catalina, Beneteau, Jeanneau, Island Packet, Tartan, Sabre or Pacific Seacraft
Built in the the 1st year of a production run of the most popular 40 foot sailboat ever designed…the Catalina 400 is an excellent price/value Features like a Solid Fiberglass Hull, shoal draft with Lead Keel, and Keel stepped mast insure "good bones" in this stiff offshore sailing machine. You don’t have to worry about a misaligned interior after an extended big water offshore passage. She’s built to sail with confidence and safety.
All new Furuno electronics installed in 2016. New standing and running rigging replaced in 2017 along with new stackpack and dodger. Owner added extra rigid support on bimini frame for the (2) 285 watt solar panels with Victron MPPT charge controller with blue tooth installed in 2017. Extra zippers were also installed on the bimini at the time for future full enclosure. AIS transponder installed for added navigation safety. New bottom paint in 2016 and cleaned monthly, new bronze propeller installed at the same time. New VHF antennae was added along with replacing all in mast wiring and LED navigation and interior lights in 2017.
Brand new 9’2" Achilles dinghy with 9.8 HP Tohatsu outboard motor (less than 1 hour).
Note: Professional yacht brokers don’t rely on tiny yachtworld pics to ascertain a vessel’s condition and neither should you. Contact the central agent to view 100 photos in crystal clear high definition. See before you travel.
Full SpecsHull and Deck
Solid single-piece FRP construction with externally attached lead wing keel followed by a spade rudder. The deck is also FRP construction with end grain balsa coring, except in areas of high loads/stress, where the deck is a solid laminate with backing plates for deck hardware, which is then either drilled and tapped or thru-bolted. The hull-to-deck joint is done with an internal hull flange and the deck is then thru-bolted with the joint being covered by a slotted aluminum toe rail. The chain plates are well inboard affording a tight sheeting angle to windward as well as making for uncluttered side decks.
- Lead Keel
- Shoal draft
- All recent running and standing rigging
- Large Aft Cockpit
- Twin Wheels
All Furuno Electronics installed 2016 in NavPods
- Furuno TZT12 Touch display Radar/Chart/Sonar
- Furuno DRSYDNEXT Radar
- (2) Furuno Multi Function Displays
- Furuno AIS Transponder
- Globalfix EPIRB
- (2) Ritchie Powerdamp compasses
- (2) VHF Radios (1 salon, 1 cockpit)
- (1) VHF (hand held)
- Autohelm ST 6000 Autopilot
- 32" Flat Screen TV (Salon)
- DVD Player w/remote (Salon)
- Pioneer am/fm cassette stereo (Salon)
- Pioneer CDX-P1210 12 CD Changer (Salon)
- (2) 4D House Batteries
- Mastervolt AGM Starter Battery 90ah (2018)
- Westerbeke 42b Diesel engine
- Racor Fuel Filter
- Cruiseair 16,000 btu air conditioning
- Maxwell 800 Electric Windlass w/up and down foot controls
- Xantrex Truecharge 2 60 amp Battery charger
- Victron MPPT Solar Charge controller w/VE direct Bluetooth
- Electric oil transfer pump
- Battery operated fuel transfer pump
- Bulkhead mounted Weems & Plath Clock & Barometer
Tropical Texan has the preferred 2 head 2 stateroom layout with a huge centerline berth in the aft owner's cabin. Both fore and aft cabins feature en-suite head and shower and lots of storage.
The salon table converts to a third queen sized bed.
The Galley features:
- Adler Barbour top and front loading fridge
- Separate top loading freezer
- 3 Burner LPG Stove
- Double stainless steel sink
- 11 gal hot water heater
- (2) West marine Offshore auto inflate Life vests
- Additional CO2 cartridges
- Bos'n chair
- Emergency tiller arm
- Misc spares; including filters, hoses, clamps, lines, repair items.
- Engine spares include, starter, water pump and alternator.
- (1) Spare jib
- (2017) 9'2" Achilles dinghy w/9.8hp Tohatsu OB (1 hr) motor & anchor
- (1) Plow Anchor
- (1) Rochna #55 Anchor (2017)
- Magna BBQ grill w/ twp lpg tanks. (one full)
She is upgraded and ready for cruising and would make a great live-aboard.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing, like all of my offerings, is available on a 50/50 commission split to all Florida licensed yacht brokers. Brokers not licensed in FL should contact the central agent to make arrangements to conform with Florida law. Courtesy showings are available to out of state brokers and all CPYBs.