2001 Californian 3900
Redondo beach CA, US
The Californian brand was revived in 1999 with the introduction of the Californian 39 , the first of a new series of Californian yachts built by the same owners who developed the original Californian designs back in the early 1970s. The 39 is a two stateroom cruising yacht distinguished by her conservative styling and very affordable price. Built the old-fashioned way on a solid fiberglass hull, the unusual interior of the 39 is certainly her most notable feature. Stepping into the bi-level salon, the location of the dinette—centered on the pilothouse level, next to the helm— is unique. The galley—to starboard in the salon—extends forward into the pilothouse where the raised floor reduces the counter’s height, making it awkward to use. There are two double staterooms and two full heads on the lower level, and if the interior of the 39 is a little plain, visibility from the lower helm is excellent. A stairway leads from the small cockpit to the bridge, which is large enough to accommodate a dinghy and davit. A radar arch, transom door, and generator were standard. Volvo 318hp diesels cruise at 20 knots (low 20s top).
FATHER’S DAY is a very clean well equipped 39 Californian with twin 318 hp Volvo Diesels and a 10KW Kohler Generator.
Walking up on the molded swim platform there is a starboard transom door. The cockpit has a large lazarette hatch in it for access to extensive storage and the engine room.
You enter the salon from a sliding door, the galley is to starboard and there is a large settee to port. The dinette is adjacent to the lower helm and is raised for visibility. To port is the passageway to the staterooms. The owner’s stateroom is amidships and is full beam with an en-suite head and stall shower. The guest stateroom is forward with an en-suite head and stall shower as well. The bridge is accessed by a stairway to starboard. The flybridge is very spacious and has seating for six.
Rarely do you find a 39′ yacht with such a spacious and sensible floor plan. Sh feels and handle like a much larger yacht.
- Twin Volvo TAMD63 Diesels – 318 hp
- Kohler 10 KW Generator in sound shield
More details and photos on the way!
- DUAL STAINLESS STEEL SINKS
- NORCOLD 12/120 REFRIGERATOR
- SHARP CAROUSEL MICROWAVE
- PRINCESS ELECTRIC STOVE
- 2 12V WET CELL START AND 6 DEEP CYCLE WET HOUSE BATTERIES
- VICTRON ENERGY BATTERY CHARGER 120 AMP
- MAGANETIC BREAKERS AND FUSES
- GUEST ARTICULATING W' REMOTE SEARCHLIGHT
- DELUX CORROSION CONTROLLER
- BALAMR SMART REGULATOR
- PHOENIX BATTERY MONITOR
- VICTRON ENERGY 2500 WATT INVERTER
- KOHLER 8KW GENERATOR
- LUBRICATED DRIPLESS STUFFING BOXES
- SINGLE BRONZE P BRAKET STRUTS
- FOUR BLADE BRONZE 26X27 BRONZE PROPS
- BENNET SINGLE CYLINDER TRIM TABS
- ENGINE ROOM FOIL AND FOAM INSULATION
- WATER LIFT EXHAUST SILENCER
- MORSE DUAL LEVER CONTROLS
- ZF MARINE 2.454:1 REDUCTION GEARS
- STAINLESS STEEL SHAFTS
- SEALAND VACU-FLUSH 12 V FRESH WATER TOILETS
- JABSCO MACERATORS
- STALL TYPE SHOWERS
- LARGE RULE BOX WITH RULE 500 INTERNAL SUMP PUMP
- 50 GALLON HOLDING TANK
- STAINLESS STEEL WHEELS
- HYNAUTIC HYDRAULIC GEARS
- 22 POUND DELTA ANCHOR
- LOFRANS PROGRESS 1 VERTICAL WINDLESS WITH FOOT PEDALS AND REMOTES AT HELMS
- 110 FEET GALVANIZED CHAIN AND 200' THREE STRAND RODE
- STAINLESS STEEL BOW ROLLER AT BOW PLATFORM
- MOULDED FIBERGLASS SWIM PLATFORM
- STAINLESS STEEL SWIM LADDER
- 12 V ELECTRIC DAVIT
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.