METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED ♦ MANY UPGRADES
Beckoning with life raft, sat phone, SSB, and EPIRB is ready for offshore passage making, maintained and upgraded her to be ready for some blue water passage making. The cockpit is large and comfortable. The interior layout is very well designed for comfortable liveaboard cruising and "Beckoning" is in excellent condition.
Just a few of her highlights and many upgrades:
- Hard Dodger 2014
- Full Enclosure with "glass" and UV screens (keeps the cockpit cool) 2014
- Simrad Sonar 2016
- Mack Furling Mainsail 2017
- Raritan Marine Elegance fresh water electric heads (2) 2014
- New cockpit speakers 2018
- SSB and AIS
- much more, come and take a look
It’s not often that we find a boat as well equipped and maintained as this one. if you are looking for a ready to go yacht that just feels right when you step aboard we suggest that you call for an appointment – You will not be disappointed with what you see. Beckoning is a turn key go cruising yacht.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Year Built: 2001
Engine Model: 4JH3-TE
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Power: 75|horsepower
Fuel Tanks: 2 ( 80 Gallon )
Holding Tanks: 2 ( 70 Gallon )
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
This two owner boat has been very nicely maintained and upgraded. Satin varnished joinery is in very good condition. Beckoning has the standard layout with large master stateroom aft, Pullman guest cabin forward and has the settee in the salon with teak dining table for two and the traditional Catalina table (stored under the forward pullman).
The large salon is bright with good ventilation due to the opening ports and overhead hatches. Great headroom – over 7’. There is a large table to port with comfortable seating for 6-8. The table lowers to make an additional berth. Opposite is a long settee. Storage cabinets and shelves outboard on both sides and the entertainment system (TV and DVD) in the middle.
Forward is the guest stateroom with a large Pullman berth, hanging lockers, shelves and private head with a separate enclosed shower.
The generous deck beam is carried well aft providing for a large master stateroom. Queen sized island berth, hanging lockers, drawers, vanity desk and private entrance to aft head with a separate enclosed shower. 2 large hatches overhead on either side open to the cockpit.
The galley is to port and the nav to starboard. More details on both below.
- 2 Reverse cycle heat and air-conditioning – 2 zone 16,000 BTU for total BTU of 32,000 - cool.
- LED interior lights
- Samsung 32" HD Flat screen TV in salon with DVD player in salon 2017
- Sharp HD TV in aft cabin
- iSatphone - satellite phone
- 2 heads - Raritan Marine Elegance freshwater heads 2014
- Macerator pumps for overboard discharge of holding tanks, (2) independent waste systems
18 gal. hot water heater (replaced 2016) with engine heat exchanger
- Overhead hatches with screens and covers
- 6 Satin finish LED lights with sconces 2018
The galley is conveniently located at the base of the companionway on the port side. It is a well thought out u-shaped galley with 2 sinks amidships, plenty of counter space and plenty of storage. The refrigerator is accessed from both the countertop and a front opening door. A large deep dry food and pot locker is forward of the stove. Over the sinks facing forward is a large storage cabinet with a light(red/white option) under the cabinet.
- Adler-Barbour dual-entry, refrigerated storage is divided into freezer and refrigeration compartments.
- Microwave oven
- 3 burner stove with oven and two external propane tanks
- Stove hood with light and exhaust fan vented to the exterior
- Large top loading locker
- Soft composite galley sole
- Multi drawers and cupboards
- In-counter trash chute to under counter bin
- Overhead storage cabinet
- Gray water system 2018
Comfortable, forward-facing Nav station with a chart table and comfortable seating. Good access to the electronic displays and the main and distribution panels.
- Raymarine Depth Sounder
- Raymarine Speed/Log
- Raymarine Wind Direction and Speed
- Raymarine ST290 repeater
- Raymarine E80 at Nav
- Raymarine E120 at Helm
- Raymarine 7001+ autopilot/GPS/Compass with dual control heads at each wheel and wireless remote
- Simrad Forward-facing Sonar 2016
- Standard Horizon VHF with Helm Remote
- ICOM M802 HF/SSB with Pactor modem (email ready)
- iSatphone satellite phone at Nav with docking station and USB
- Raymarine 4km radar on Questus stabilized mount
- Mast Head Camera - aids in mooring and MOB recovery.
- Stereo with 10CD changer
- Cockpit speakers 2 2018
- Xantrex Link 1000
- LED Masthead lights - Tricolor
- Underwater transom lights
- Firdell radar reflector
ENGINE and ELECTRICAL
Nice access to the engine under the companionway steps. A gas piston spring holds the well-insulated top of the engine box. When elevated, access to the sides and front of the Yanmar engine, fuel and water filters, is excellent.
- Bow Thruster
- Auxillary Power - Yanmar 4JH3-TE, 75 hp
- Centrally mounted engine instruments
- Single lever engine controls on the starboard side
- Bilge blower and ventilation system
- Max Prop - feathering prop
- Fisher Panda 8kW Genset (1610hrs)
- Wind Generator
- 2500 Watt Inverter/charger
- (2) 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioners
- Water heater 2017
- Watermaker Pur 160
- AGM Lifeline genset starter battery 2018
- AGM Lifeline bow thruster battery 2017
- AGM Lifeline Starter battery 2017
SAILS and RIGGING
- Double spreader masthead rig
- Roller furling Main - Mack Sails 2017
- Schaeffer headsail furling systems
- 135% Furling genoa - padded luff 2012
- Storm sail
- Electric halyard winch, starboard
- All running rigging led aft to cockpit
- Port and starboard line storage compartments
- Mainsheet traveller with car and multi-purchase adjuster system
- Adjustable genoa tracks with ball bearing cars
- Boom vang, stainless steel with multi-purchase adjustment
- Preventer system for both boom and whisker pole
HULL and DECK EQUIPMENT
The challenges of extended offshore cruising have been met with a display of strength, innovative design, and engineering that clearly define the Catalina 470. A unique, structural fiberglass grid is bonded to the hull and provides both strength for the hull and a massive foundation for securing bulkheads, equipment, engine, and tanks. Below there is a new standard of functionality and comfort.
The generous deck beam is carried well aft providing for an expansive cockpit with twin steering stations. Large comfortable cockpit with long seats that are approx. 6’ 2”. The cockpit table is large as well - 39” long with two leafs, built in storage and cup holders. A foot brace bar accommodates heavy weather sailing. Twin steering stations allow easy passage forward and aft in the cockpit and permit unrestricted visibility on all points of sail and unencumbered transom access.
Anchor windlass with a vertical capstan and chain gypsy facilitates primary and secondary anchors. Separate, deep lockers will accommodate the anchor rodes required for cruising.
- Large double anchor rollers on foredeck
- Maxwell electric anchor windlass, power up and down controls, with foot switches
- 66lb Bruce anchor with 200' rhode
- 60lb Mason anchor with 200' chain
- Seawater washdown (in anchor locker) replaced 2016
- Double lifelines with gates port and starboard replaced 2012
- All weather Bimini, Hard Dodger, Connector and Enclosure 2014
- Enclosure has "glass" and UV screens 2014
- Stern rail seats
- Walk through stern with transom boarding platform and storage lockers
- Folding stern boarding ladder with contour treads and full top step
- Hot/Cold transom shower
- Cockpit Cushions
- Cockpit table with custom bracing and fiddles on top to help keep stuff on
- Mercury rigid bottom dinghy 2015
- Nissan 9.7 hp outboard
- Jack Lines and tethers
- Dinghy Davits with additional stern pulpit braces
- Jack Lines
- Offshore Life Jackets
- Offshore Life Ring 2017
- Lee-cloths for all berths
- Line Cutter on the shaft
- MOM-8A, man overboard module on port stern rail
- Winslow Solas Liferaft 6 person
- EPIRB certified to May 2020
- Spare parts (a lot)
- SSB and Satphone
- Full set of signal flags with full hoist flag halyard
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.