2003 Mainship 390 Single
St Petersburg FL, US
See Broker’s Comments Below"Sandollars" is a meticulously maintained best-of-the-breed example of the Mainship 390 with all of the most desirable upgrades and dozens of design and engineering improvements introduced by Mainship for the 2003 model year. These include upgraded Stainless Steel rails and Stainless Steel portlights (replacing the aluminum used in 2002 and earlier models), a massive Stainless Steel Sampson Post, upgraded 8hp bow thruster, a redesigned swim platform, and many other improvements requested by Mainship customers over the years.
Like all of the 390s, "Sandollars" is among the most pet-and-people friendly coastal cruisers ever made.
All of the preferred factory options are here as well including the single Yanmar configuration, the rare factory-designed folding mast option, Cherry and Holly salon sole, full Raymarine electronics at upper and lower stations (including Radar), dockside water, dripless shaft log, freshwater washdown at anchor well, 8kW generator with soft sound shield, anchor windlass and oil-exchange system for the main engine and the generator.
You will be impressed with the high standard of care and attention paid by the current knowledgable owners. There is no known deferred maintenance. Recent upgrades include two new (fore and aft) air-conditioners w/extended warranties, newer Nova-Kool refrigerator w/bottom freezer, all new flybridge upholstery, cushions and helm seating, interior lighting LED upgrades, brand new galley & head faucet fixtures, two new Bluetooth capable audio systems (flybridge and main cabin), USB high-output charging outlet at lower helm, VHF radio, updated 50-channel DualNav GPS/GLONASS receiver and separate GPS/GPRS/Cellular remote tracking/logging device. All engine/mechanical systems are recently serviced and all maintenance is up to date. Fuel tanks have been professionally cleaned with access/inspection/cleaning ports installed above the fuel senders. Other important upgrades include a high-rise stainless steel exhaust riser and back-flow preventing safety check valve…one of the smartest upgrades we have seen on these boats.
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the Tampa Airport or 5 Minutes from the Albert Whitted Airport by private plane.
- New bottom Job Scheduled and included in the price
- Hull and Deck just compounded and waxed at end of April
- New (In the Box) Zodiac Dinghy with St Croix Tip Up Davit System
- Yanmar 6LYA-STP replaced in 2007 addressing the water back flow problem common with the exhaust design…original Tach was not reset
- Loop Ready
- All new flybridge upholstery, cushions and helm seating
- Two new (forward and aft) air-conditioners w/extended warranties
- Folding Mast
- Single Yanmar configuration
- Rare factory-designed folding mast option
- More pictures to follow
- Entry into the main salon through a sliding glass door has quick access to AC/DC ships service panel.
- Large settee to starboard side and entertainment system to port side.
- Beautiful Cherry interior and galley up layout keeps everyone on the same conversation level including the full lower helm station to starboard side.
- Pilot door at lower helm provides a quick way for the pilot to enter the foredeck when necessary.
- Salon sliding glass side windows, forward helm opening center window.
- From the forward companionway, guest stateroom is to port with private door, hanging locker, chest of drawers and 2 single berths (can be converted to double).
- Head is to starboard side with roomy separate shower stall, large bench, new single-handle faucet and electric toilet with new pump.
- Luxurious Master Stateroom forward includes centerline queen island berth with excellent innerspring mattress and plenty of storage below, high intensity reading lights, his and hers cedar-lined hanging lockers, storage cabinets and chest of drawers.
- Private in-suite entry door into the head.Guest cabin to port includes cedar-lined hanging locker, twin berths with storage underneath and additional storage adjacent. Other Salon & Stateroom features:
Three opening hatches and four stainless port lights with screens 6' 6" Cabin Headroom throughout
Beautiful 2,700K (warm) LED Lighting throughout
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine L760 Plus Color MFD ChartPlotter/Sonar with newer cartography (serviced/updated in 2014)
- West Marine 25w VHF (new in 2016)
- Raymarine S3G Autopilot Course Computer with three-axis gyro (updated, 2015)
- ST 6000+ Autopilot Control Head (new LCD, 2017)
- SP-95T 8hp Bow Thruster by "Side Power"
- 5" Danforth Compass
- Updated (2016) 50-Channel GPS Receiver with GLONASS capability (2015)
- GPRS+GPS Vessel Tracking/Telemetry with SMS Text Messaging Alerts and Wireless Remote (2017)
- SeaFire? Automatic Fuel Shutdown w/override capability
- Spare Raymarine L760 Plus Color MFD ChartPlotter/Sonar (stowed)
- Raymarine RL70 Plus Color MFD Chartplotter/Radar w/High-Brightness display option
- Raymarine 2kW Pathfinder Radome (2016)
- Standard Horizon 25w VHF
- Raymarine ST 6000+ Autopilot Control Head
- SidePower Bow Thruster Joystick control (2016)
- 5" Danforth Compass
- DUAL Bluetooth Stereo/CD/MP3 with USB, SD Card, Wireless Remote (2016)
- 150W 6.5 Speakers (2016)
- SeaFire? Automatic Fuel Shutdown w/override capability
- New throttle and shift cables (2013)
- Spare Raymarine Radar MFD (stowed)
- (2) 8-D House & Cranking Batteries (1) new in 2018
- (1) Group 27 Marine Generator Battery
- Protech 4 Marine Smart Charger
- Kohler 8KW Generator with new heat-exchanger (2017), water pump (2016) and soft-side sound shield (removed and stowed)
- (2) 30 Amp shore power cords
- Four (4) 30A Shore Power Inlets, 2 fwd and 2 aft
- Dockside Cable Hook-up
- ProMariner ProSafe Electronic systems monitor with alarm for Galvanic Isolators, Shore Power Ground and Polarity
- Beautiful Corian countertops in excellent condition
- Large Stainless Steel sink with fitted Corian cover
- New Delta Single-handle faucet (2019)
- 3 Burner Princess Electric Stove/Oven with new porcelain bowls
- Built-in Black & Decker SpaceMaker Coffee Maker
- Nova-Cool/Danfoss refrigerator w/bottom Freezer (new in 2013)
- Rival 700W Microwave
- 130 Gal. Water Capacity with Dockside water hook-up
- GFI Marine Outlets in the galley & head
- Marine 110volt water heater
Hull and Deck
- Plow type anchor with 150' chain/nylon hybrid rode
- Spare 150 chain/nylon hybrid rode
- Bow pulpit w/rails
- Lewmar Windlass with controls from lower helm, upper helm and foot switches at pulpit
- Triple Windshield Wipers w/washers on lower helm
- Walk-thru transom with tuna door, full swim platform & boarding ladder
- Self bailing decks
- (2) Fresh water wash downs, bow/anchor and cockpit.
- Transom shower
- Folding Radar Mast option can be lowered for clearance
- Captains Helm chair w/ port & stbd settee & center mounted wing table
- Full flybridge/helm cover that extends completely over all upholstery
- Garhauer 100 lb. outboard lift hoist on flybridge
- Spot Light
- Fenders & lines
Engine and Mechanical
- 370HP Yanmar 6YLA-STP Diesel Engine (new in 2007)
- ZF Marine Transmission
- Racor 900 series primary fuel filter w/ Yanmar factory secondary
- Bilge Blower
- 4 Bilge pumps totaling 8,000gph (including 5,000gph emergency automatic de-watering pump)
- High Water Alarm with programmable SMS text messaging notification
- Sea Star Hydraulic Steering upper and lower (rebuilt in
- "Side Power" Bow Thruster w/twin station controls
- Sea Star 1301 Engine Room Fire Extinguisher
- Safe-T-Alert C02 Monitor System
- 16000 BTU Salon AC & 12000BTU Cabin AC (2013)
- Reverso Oil Changer plumbed to all engines
- Electric Marine Head, Jabsco Macerator Type (new, 2016)
- 30 Gal Waste Tank
Engine replacement and Exhaust re-design:
In early 2007, the original Yanmar 6LYA-STP engine was replaced with a new engine of the same model, due to water intrusion into the exhaust system. At this time, the exhaust system was redesigned and modified, reportedly in accordance instructions from both Mainship and Yanmar. The work was done by an authorized Yanmar dealer II Tonys Marine of Destin, FL. (Owners Tony White and Tony Besecker). Invoice of work done can be provided to a serious buyer. Research of various internet sources, consultation with North American Yanmar (Mastry Engine Center) and analysis of experts including Tony Athens of Seaboard Marine indicate that the system on Sandollars is far more robust than the original design, and should probably have been built this way in the first place. Since we have owned the boat, I have removed the riser and elbow at least annually for inspection to verify that there has been no further intrusion.
When the engine was replaced, the original marine gear was re-used. According to the previous owner, the original engine had about 310 hours on it when it was replaced and the tachometers (with integral hour-meters) were not replaced nor were they reset. I called II Tonys in 2014 and they confirmed that they did not replace the tachometers, nor can they be reset. Accordingly, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the 2007 replacement engine in Sandollars has about 310 fewer operating hours than what is showing on the tachometers.
Massey Yacht Sales represented the current owners of "Sandollars" when they purchased her several years ago. She was an exceptional vessel then, and as you can see from this listing there has been great care by her current owners to keep her maintained to a high standard. If you've been searching for "the boat" I'm sure you'll agree that it's common for many boats to be over-represented. That isn't the case here. If you're from out of town rest assured that you will not be wasting your time and money to come take a look. In addition, feel free to call or text me at 727-642-9022 for any additional information, video, or FaceTime of this exceptional Mainship 390. I will posting additional pictures in the next few days. Doug Scott Listing Broker firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Additional Units Included
- 2018 Zodiac Cadet 270 Aluminum Floor