2005 Seawind 1160
Ft. Pierce FL, US
BIG PRICE REDUCTION! SELLERS WANT TO SEE OFFERS. DON’T MISS THIS RARE OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE A PROVEN & HIGHLY CAPABLE PERFORMANCE CRUISING CAT.
‘Livin the Dream’ is a well maintained example of the highly sought after Seawind 1160 catamaran. Her owners have updated her with a number of desirable cruising amenities.
Notable options include Rutland 910 wind generator, Cruisair 16000 BTU air conditioning system, LWM 200 gpd water maker, ICOM IC-M802 HF radio, (2) 200W Kyrocera solar panels, Xantrex 2KW inverter, 45ST electric winch and electric windlass with saltwater wash down.
Both Yanmar 3YM30 diesels have less than 3000 hrs each on the clock, run perfectly and feature recently serviced sail drives and props. The bottom was sandblasted and painted January 2018.
All sails and canvas were updated in 2014, as follows:
- Barracouta fully battened mainsail with Harken battcar slide system, lazy jacks, and stackpack style mainsail cover
- KVS Classic Kappa Genoa, high-aspect 7.62 Dacron, with UV sun cover and foam luff pad on Pro-furl roller furler system
- High-end laminate Barracouta screecher on Pro-furl roller furler system
Electronics are current generation B&G, and include the following:
- B&G Vulcan 9" chart plotter
- B&G Triton multifunction digital displays (3 total)
- B&G V50 VHF
- B&G ZC2 autopilot remote
Two removable fiberglass inserts have been added to the hard targa top to provide further protection from the elements when you want it, and also afford added room for maneuvering around the boom when you’re storing the mainsail.
For the sailor looking to own a blue water equipped, sail away ready cat, ‘Livin the Dream’ is ready for your inspection, and even includes 10 foot West Marine RIB with newer (less than four years old) Mercury 25 hp, 4 stroke outboard.
Call today to learn more about this fantastic 1160 and schedule a viewing.
About the Seawind 1160:
For those not already familiar with the award winning Seawind 1160, Seawind designed the 1160 from the outset to be light, but offshore worthy, simple to maintain, easy to handle, and modern and attractive for living aboard.
Unlike most cats, the 1160 has twin helm stations, so vision and communication from the helm is never a challenge. You can sit on the coaming with one hand on the wheel, or if the weather is inclement, stay behind the coach house and steer by looking through the huge windows.
The 1160s side decks are wide and clutter-free with good, molded-in non-skid and steps for easy cabin top access. Handholds are thoughtfully positioned all around the cockpit and the cabin top, and the 28" high triple-lifeline stanchions offer solid reassurance. The hard top overhead provides shelter from weather and is a perfect structure for keeping the solar panels and the main traveler out of the way. At the back of the cockpit, very comfortable and spacious seats flank a large grill, and is ideal for entertaining.
Forward of the cockpit, Seawind’s innovative tri-folding door easily retracts into the hard top to create a single combined space. Inside, the layout is spacious with an open flow from the main saloon to the three cabins below. Interior spaces are light and airy and the main saloon design offers massive 360-degree views.
The large in-line galley is set down low in the starboard hull and features a propane oven/stove, front opening fridge, and sufficient counter space for a top opening freezer and storage cabinets.
Seawind 1160s sail to wind better than most other cats and make less leeway. In fact, 1160s point as well as many similarly sized performance oriented monohulls. This is thanks in part to the 1160s relatively high length to beam ratio of 7.7, which is better than most similar sized cruising cats.
Sail handling is a cinch with the large, high roach main in a stack pack, and 2:1 block for low sail raising effort. All sail controls are led through mast base turning blocks and fairleads back to the cockpit in an orderly manner. Tacking and gybing the 1160 is an incredibly simple one person activity, with a self-tacking jib.
Full SpecsAdditional Description
- Ornate polished timber dining table: Lowers to create coffee table or double bed.
- Upholstered settee.
- Cocktail cabinet with ornate polished hinging lid.
- Forward windows in 10mm toughened glass and inset with opening 500mm x 375mm aluminium opening hatch. Side windows in 6mm toughened glass.
- Simulated teak & holly flooring.
- Saloon / cockpit doors: Moulded gelcoat tri-fold doors. Complete with folding mechanism for folding into Targa walkway.
- Polished timber solid doors on all private cabins.
- Port & Starboard fwd cabins : Each queen sized bed (2050mm x 1540mm)
- Aft Starboard cabin : Double bed (1990mm x 1230mm)
- Mattresses to be 150mm ( 6? ) foam upholstered.
- Cabins lined.
- Recessed 12volt lighting.
- Carpeted floors.
- Custom made DC electrical switch panel with circuit breakers & LED indicator lights, DC voltage & amperage gauges. Very high quality throughout.
- Marine grade tinned electrical wiring with extensive use of heat sealed connectors..
- Batteries x 3 comprising: House System (400 amp hrs) : 2 x 200 amp hr AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) deep cycle / heavy duty batteries. One engine battery ? 1000 cold cranking amps AGM.
- 230amp heavy duty isolation switch.
- 12 V lighting : Numerous 12V interior lamps and courtesy lights throughout. Dome lights in cockpit.
- 2 x 12V Outlets.
- Survey approved navigation lights. Port & Starboard mounted on bow rails.
- Deck floodlight mounted on spreaders.
- Mast head anchor / riding light.
- Spacious galley with co-ordinated laminex counter surfaces, timber accents.
- Three (3 ) burner LPG stove & oven.
- Stainless steel pot holders. Flame failure device fitted to shut off LPG immediately in event of flame going out.
- Double bowl stainless steel sink.
- Pressure hot & cold fresh water system.
- Single lever mixing tap.
- Refrigerator : Front opening upright ?Vitrifrigo? fridge 130 litres.
- Spacious freezer ? large 60 litre top loading, heavily insulated. 12volt Eutectic system by ICEER.
- Under bench storage with polished timber door fronts & cutlery drawers.
- Inboard side of galley: Over-bench cupboards with sliding door fronts
- Simulated teak & holly flooring.
- Trash bin, paper towel holder.
- Twin Yanmar 30hp saildrive diesel engines. Fresh water cooling, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fibreglass bed with integral oil drip pan.
- Two bladed folding propellers.
- Dual engine controls at either helm station. Remote electric key start at engine controls.
- Fuel tanks: Total 360 litres (80 gallons) in two survey approved pressure tested aluminium tanks. Fuel gauge site glass fitted.
- Water intakes for engines protected by external strainer & filter. ( 1 per engine)
- Twin primary Racor ( or similar) water separator / fuel filters, secondary engine fuel filters, jacketed fuel lines.
- Engine, fuel tank & fuel line installation to Australian standards to meet offshore survey.
- Console mounted engine instruments with electric tachometers, engine monitoring & warning systems, engine hour meters.
- Aluminium Hatches & portholes (10 in total)
- 4 x Forward Hatches 475mm x 475mm (Gebo)
- 2 x Mid cabin hatches 475mm x 475mm (Gebo)
- 1 x Port Bathroom window hatch 500mm x 375mm (Gebo)
- 1 x Galley window hatch 500mm x 375mm (Gebo)
- 1 x Aft Cabin window hatch 500mm x 375mm (Gebo)
- Fibreglass Deck Hatches:
- Forward anchor & storage hatches x 5
- Cockpit storage hatches x 2
- 6 x Docking cleats. Each side : bow, stern & amidships.
- 1 x Heavy duty mooring cleat on forward walkway.
- Ventilation: 1 x Cabin vent.
- Mast base turning blocks. All halyards & sail controls to cockpit.
- 10 x Rope clutches - Spinlock brand.
- Sheet winches : 2 x Harken ST46ST.
- Stanchions/Rails: High quality stanchions, bow rails and stern rails with 3 life-lines. 700mm high to meet Australian survey requirements..
- 2 x transom access gates with pelican hook releases.
- 2 x side access gates with pelican hook releases.
- Aft swim ladder : folding stainless aft swim ladder.
- Twin steering compasses.
- Raytheon ST60 Tridata : Log, speed, depth.
- VHF Radio
Mast / Boom / Sails
- Clear anodised aluminium mast and boom.
- Single Spreader, 7/8 rig.
- Standing Rigging - Forestay 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
- Sidestays 3/8 (10mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire
- Diamonds 5/16 (8mm) 1 x 19 Dieform wire.
- All fitted with Sealock turnbuckles and end fittings.
- Halyards - Main halyard: 10 mm Spectra rope : Heavy duty shackle.
- Genoa halyard: 8 mm Spectra rope. Heavy duty shackle.
- Topping lift: 8 mm rope, Heavy duty shackle.
- Spinnaker Halyard: 10mm rope with snap-shackle spliced to end.
- Boom outhaul.
- 2 x mainsail reefing lines fitted.
- All halyards, reefing lines to be lead back to cockpit through turning blocks, rope clutches (Spinlock).
- Sheet Winches: 2 x Harken ST46ST?s.
- Fully battened mainsail. Triple stitched reinforced construction. Luff adjustable batten end caps. Fibreglass sail battens. Roller bearing batten cars.
- Cruising mainsail cover with integrated lazy jack system.
- Self-tacking headsail. Profurl headsail furler. Curved headsail traveller track with end stops. Control line to cockpit.
Anchoring / Mooring
- Electric anchor winch with chain & gypsy. Located under locker to give clean deck. Winch is Muir HR1200 COUGAR with 1000 watt motor. Primary anchor is 35 lb CQR type with 50 mtrs x 8mm short link galvanised chain.
- Primary anchor is stored in a specially designed anchor roller under the forward beam.
- Anchor winch has foot switch at the winch plus a remote up / down control at the helm station.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.