2006 PDQ Antares 44i
Marco Island FL, US
A rare find to have a beautiful PDQ Antares sailing catamaran at this price point! Leap of Faith was built in Canada and is impeccably maintained. Leap of Faith is already outfitted with all the necessary equipment and recently had NEW B&G electronics installed. With both wind generation from a D400 and an upgraded watermaker, you can enjoy independence in any gorgeous anchorage. The Antares exceptional reputation for sailing, quality, comfort and performance makes this truly a unique purchase.
The Saloon on Leap of Faith is beautifully laid out. With its cherry wood throughout and vast windows, the space is open and very welcoming. The settee is L-shaped and center in the salon. It is elevated on a platform for increased visibility and provides storage underneath. The table is designed to drop down to coffee table height or raise for dining. There are folding corners that allow the table to be larger or smaller depending on the crowd. There is an entertainment/storage unit on the aft salon wall. It is 19" deep has 2 cupboards and 2 drawers. There is additional storage for entertainment equipment and guide books.
- Splendide washer/dryer combo unit
- Teak and holly floor
- Overhead hatches w/Oceanair blinds/screens
- Neutral Ultrasuede upholstery
- 2 Hella fans
- Phantom screen on sliding door to cockpit
- Protege C646 salon speakers with subwoofer
The galley is on the port side of the vessel. It is easily accessed by "household" steps and is open to saloon. The craftsmanship of the cabinetry is phenomenal and the cherry wood is throughout.
- Corian counters in "tan/neutral" color
- 7.3 ft capacity fridge
- 4.3 ft capacity separate chest freezer
- 3-burner Princess propane stove
- Propane oven
- Microwave/convection oven
- Multiple 110 outlets
- Propane solenoid switch
The master head is forward on the starboard side. It has a large sink/counter area with Corian counters and a spacious vanity above. The shower is separated with an acrylic shower door which keeps the rest of the head completely dry.
- Shower sump pump
- Corian counters
- Stainless under mount sink
- Stainless taps
- Towel rack/towel ring
- Mirror on door
- Vanity cabinet with storage shelves
- Jabsco freshwater toilet
- Overhead hatch w/Oceanair blind
- 110 outlet
- Water save shower head
The master cabin is located on the starboard side of the vessel. After descending 2 "household" stairs, the starboard hull is dedicated to the master with a large stateroom, dressing area and oversized head. The same beautiful cherry cabinetry is throughout.
- Standard queen size berth (no custom sheets needed)
- Ventilation pads under mattress
- 2 Hatches - 1 w/Oceanair blind and 1 with a screen
- Bedside table w/2 drawers
- 4 storage drawers under berth
- Multiple storage areas in stateroom and dressing area
- Escape hatch at the foot of the berth
- Huge storage area under berth
- 26" RCA tv mounted at foot of bed
Aft Guest Cabin
On the port side, aft of the galley is the 1st guest cabin. Laid out similar to the master, it also boasts a true queen sized bed and many storage cabinets. It also has a very large storage area under the berth. Two hatches; one with Oceanair blind and another with screen.
3rd Guest Stateroom
The 3rd guest stateroom is forward of the galley on the port side. There is a double berth and massive storage compartments below. There is also storage beneath the mattress as well.
- Overhead hatch w/Oceanair blind
- Hook and mirror on back of door
- Hella fan
Leap of Faith has a second head located forward on the port side.
- Jabsco freshwater head
- Wet shower
- Aft cabins - 2 overhead LED lights, 2 LED reading lights
- Master dressing area has 2 LED lights
- Head - 2 LED
- Shower - 2 LED
- Galley - 3 LED overhead lights plus under cabinet halogen lights
- Saloon- 5 LED overhead lights on dimmer & center overhead, 2 reading lights mounted on forward bulkhead
- Cockpit-4 overhead LED lights mounted on hardtop
- Generator compartment-1 intensity fluorescent
- House battery compartment-1 intensity fluorescent
- Mast-2 LED spreader lights
- Stainless steel wheel with King spoke
- Rudders are skegged for extra strength and stability
- Whitlock shaft drive "MAMBA" system
- Rudders linked by stainless steel tiller bar
- UHMW polyethylene bearings
- Accommodation for emergency steering through transom stairs/emergency tiller
- Jack lines
- Three tethers
- SSB and VHF radios
- Fire extinguishers: Saloon, Starboard dressing area, Galley
- Radar and AIS (receive only)
Foredeck starboard locker
The forward locker on the port side houses the generator and a large area for storage.
Steps lead down into the vast 6' headroom space.
- Northern Lights 6kw generator
- Holding tank access (Y valve access)
Anchoring and Docking
Leap of Faith's anchoring and docking package consists of:
- Rocna anchor (2007) with 150' of 10mm high test chain and 150' x 5/8" anchor rode
- 2nd anchor: Spade anchor, with high test chain and rode
- Quick 1000 electric windlass
- 4 fenders, 2 ball fenders
- Dock lines
- Boat hooks
- 4 x 50ft 30 amp power cords
- "Y" adapter 50 to 30 amp (125v250v)
- Saltwater and Freshwater wash down on foredeck for anchor chain and anchor
- Northern Lights Generator (3517 hours)
- Storage for mops, brushes, etc
- Y valve with locking mechanism for head holding tank. No macerator pump needed to dump at sea…. Gravity drop.
- Black water holding tank
- Whale shower sump pump
- Mainsail - 595 sq. ft. Neil Pryde 9/2014
- Fully battened
- 2:1 main halyard with a headboard block and shackle
- Harken mainsheet traveler system mounted on hardtop
- 6:1 Harken traveler controls accessible from the cockpit
- Harken slidingluff car system for Mainsail
- Main Tamer
- Single line reefing for 2 reef points. Blocks attached to the mainsail to prevent chafe when reefed.
- Power winch, Harken self-tailing 48, 2 speed
- Tell tales
- Sunbrella canvas sail cover
- 95% Jib – 248 sq. ft. (never used)
- Harken self-tacking jib traveler installed on the foredeck
- Single Line Jib sheet lead to cockpit
- Halyard with snap shackle
- Furlex 4000S Furling Gear
- Tell Tales
- Burgandy UV cover
- 130% Genoa – Neil Pryde 9/2014
- Genoa Sheets
- Harken self-tailing 2 speed 44 winches.
- Two winch handles.
- Burgandy UV Cover
- Harken self-tailing 2 speed 48 winch for furling and sheet control
- Furling Screecher - North Sails 6/2011
- Harken Code Zero furling
- Stowable bowsprit mounted on front crossbeam.
- Spinlock XX0812 Line Clutch on bowsprit.
- Auxilliary halyard fitted with a snap shackle
- Screecher sheets lead aft to Harken Fairlead Blocks. Heavy Duty loops used to attach the upgraded blocks to the stern cleats.
- Spinnaker (original, never used)
- Engine/Mechanical Overview
- Twin 3YM30G 29 hp diesel engines with complete maintenance log
- Engines are located mid-ship in sound shielded compartments
- Spares kit which includes injector, filters, gaskets, impellers, water pump, fuel filter housing and filter spares, Raycor filters, alternator etc.
- Engine room blowers to take heat from the engine rooms when the engines shut down. When running the engines with the blowers off, gives adequate back feed fresh air to the engines for combustion
- Shaft drive (1 ¼” shafts)
- Alternators @ 55 amps/engine
- Raycor dual 75/500 MAXD fuel filters – in line, vacuum gauges on top of filter
- Fuel gauges
- Twin 50 gallon aluminum diesel fuel tanks mounted mid ship below water line
- Max-Prop, 16” 3 blade, feathering propellers
- Northern Lights 6kw generator
- Sound insulating box.
- Primary filter is Raycor diesel/water separator
- Spare, belts, filters, o-rings, coolant pump assembly, raw water pump and spare seals
- Complete maintenance log.
- Northern Lights 6kw generator
- Air Conditioning
- 2 x 6,500 BTU, 1 x 16,500 BTU, Cruisair
- Deck Hardware
- Spinlock Line clutches. There are 6 at the aft winch, 4 at the forward winch, and one on the bowsprit.
- 2 Mooring cleats (12”) with one fairlead amid ships on each hull.
- Mooring cleat (12”) with single fairlead on each stern
- Mooring cleat (12”) on each transom
- Stanchions (6) 30”-high with double lifelines per side
- Gates with pelican hooks at stern and transom both sides
- Extra hand holds on stern for boarding
- Recessed Swim ladder mounted on port side steps. Easily deployed from in the water.
- Bow seats in pulpits
- Toe-rail is clear anodized T section, mounted on external flange of both deck and hull
- Fasteners are on 5" center
- Rub rail provides hull protection
- Chain Plates
- Stainless steel through-bolted chain plates into primary reinforcements.
- Front Beam
- Aluminum compression member that supports the forestay, wire bridle and tie-down for the trampoline.
- Net is woven and sewn Vinyl-dipped Dacron material for excellent comfort and durability. (New 2017)
- Stainless steel arch with integrated bench davit system. Elevated bench seat is 4 person constructed of Starboard.
- Davit system is suitable for dinghies up to 12 ft in length. Upgraded the lifting blocks.
- Magma Catalina 12x18 propane BBQ Grill
- Stern Light
- LED Arch lights
- Antenna for Weather
- Single Side band Antenna
- FRP bimini hardtop includes integral carbon fiber beam support for Harken traveler.
- Stainless steel step to bimini top.
- Two sliding hatches
- Phantom retracting screen door
- Full-length hand hold offset to starboard
- Double helm seat with reversible backrest.
- Moveable step stool at helm
- Sunbrella cockpit upholstery in Burgandy.
- 12 volt electrical panel.
- Full Burgandy Sunbrella with stratoglass cockpit enclosure. Screens are sewn in to allow the stratoglass to be lowered for ventilation.
- Burgundy Sunbrella sunshade between hardtop and davits with vertical white sunscreens hanging behind rear bench.
- Cockpit speakers
- Shower with hot and cold adjustment on port side line/propane tank locker
- Freshwater hose connection for connecting to dock water on Starboard side
- Marina Cable TV and phone hookup starboard side of the helm station
- All line clutches for halyards, reefing, lines, sheets, boom brake, furling, and topping lift led aft to two winch stations.
- LED Cockpit lights
- At helm Station,
- Chart plotter, radio, wind, depth, etc instruments (see Electronics section)
- 12 volt outlet
- 1 Fishing rod holders
- Mast and Rigging
- Deck Stepped anodized aluminum Selden Mast, double diamond stay configuration
- Main Tamer
- Running rigging lead through underdeck raceway to line clutch equipped cockpit winch pedestals
- Anti-chafe sail rollers on Spreaders and rubber boots on lower spreaders
- Conduit in mast for all electrical wiring
- Steaming light. Installed a separate switch so that the steaming light can be extinguished when sailing, thus giving a back up to the tri-color light for sailing at night.
- Tri-color navigation light
- Spreader lights
- Deck Lockers
- Port forward locker with access to sail storage. Bomar hatch.
- Starboard forward locker with steps attached to outboard wall provide generator access. Bomar hatch.
- Center forward locker, Bomar hatch, with stainless steel ladder. Contains ship service batteries in fiberglass enclosure. Access to windlass motor, halyards & tunnel under bridgedeck
- Cockpit lazarette with double door entry gives access to refrigeration compressors & steering components
- Twin rope lockers with Starboard dividers creating 4 rope compartments. Each locker houses a 20 lb propane tank with external venting
- Transom lockers with access to shaft steering system, water maker, etc.
- House Batteries: 4 Trojan L16H-AC - 870AH (new 2015)
- Starter Batteries:
- Battery Monitor: MBV-700 battery monitor.
- Battery Combiner: Bluesky 3 battery switch
- Inverter: Victron Multi Plus 12/3000 Inverter Charger, True Sine Wave Output. Located under saloon settee with control panel next to Nav Station
- Shore Power: 2 stainless steel 30 amp Smart Plug inlets mounted on starboard side. Two Seimans 30 amp heavy duty breakers mounted close to shore power inlets. Two 50 ft Smart Plug 30amp power cords with 50 amp splitter.
- 12VDC: Paneltronics 24 5-15 amp breakers with a 100amp main switch. Digital Voltmeter for reading all batteries, and an analog meter for reading load current. Additional 10 breaker Paneltronics panel at the Helm Station.
- 110VAC: Paneltronics 11 breakers. Additional safety breakers either connect shore power or generator, not both. Can parallel the input such that only one shore power connection will work should you only want to hook up with a single 30 amp rather than 2 X 30 amp.
- Solar Power: 4 x BP 50watt solar panels recessed into the hard top. Victron 15/75 MPPT smart regulator. 2 additional panels were purchased and installed over the davit. SunPower 335 watt installed 2016. Total of 870 watts of solar.
- DuoGen D-400 Wind Generator
- B&G Zeus2 12in Chart Plotter
- (2) B&G IS40 Multi-function displays
- B&G broadband 4kw radar mounted on the mast
- B&G GPS sensor mounted on the Bimini Top
- Simrad AP24 autopilot
- B&G (speed/depth/temp). Depth transducer mounted on port hull.
- B&G Windmeter system
- B&G inboard autopilot
- B&G autopilot remote at Nav Station
- Tankwatch 4 monitors for both water tanks and for waste tank
- Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF radio at Helm (with AIS) with Ram Mic at Nav Station.
- Built in VHF antenna tuner, Shakespeare ART-3
- ICOM IC-M802 HF Marine SSB/Ham radio with external speaker and Auto Tuner at Nav Station. Dynaplate and copper mesh grounding. SSB antenna mounted on Port transom.
- Rogue Wave WIFI booster
- 12 V Audio System
- Speakers in Saloon
- Bose speakers for cockpit
- Fusion with Bluetooth and Sirius XM
- Powered Subwoofer
- Cable TV/phone inlet by shore power connection
- TV antennae w/booster
- 12 V Audio System
- 2 independent 75-gallon aluminum water tanks mounted amidships below water-line
- House water system is pressurized by a Jabsco Sensor - Max VSD water pump, flow rate 4.5 gal/min.
- SeaGull IV drinking water filter at galley sink.
- Ability to designate draw from either port/starboard tank.
- 2 x 5 gallon Quick Nautic Boiler 20, hot water tanks, one in each hull, combination electric/engine heat
- 30 gallon holding tank is located adjacent to the head(s). A "Y" valve is installed to select deck or overboard discharge. Configured so that it can be secured in the closed position.
- Odor filter on black holding tank
- 4 tank monitoring system is installed on holding tank and 2 water tanks
- Rule 1500-gph bilge pump installed amidships in each hull.
- Fresh water hot & cold hand held shower is located adjacent to port transom stairs.
- Saltwater wash down located in the anchor locker. Flexible hose attached. Pump mounted in the port hull.
- Upgraded EchoTech 40gph watermaker
- 2 fresh water deck inlets in anchor locker
- Fresh water hose inlet to allow hook up to dock pressure water. Do not have to run the onboard water pump or drain the water tanks when hooked up
- Holding tank pump-out
- 2 fuel deck inlets
- 11' 5" Achilles inflatable w/30hp Tohatsu electric start and trim.
- Two way inflation hand pump.
- Locker seat, rain and splash proof mounted. Storage for all the safety equipment
- Appropriately mounted U bolts to secure dinghy on davits.
- Lift straps
- 5 gallon gasoline tank strapped down
- Spare Parts kit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.