2008 Beneteau 523
Marina del rey CA, US
Description & History:
This Beneteau 523 was fully customized for blue water cruising and offshore racing. The previous owner spent a fortune preparing her for the famous Trans Pacific Yacht Race (Los Angeles to Hawaii) in summer 2015. Racing under the previous name "Transformer", the owner and crew finished the race successfully! The amount of money spent on this boat in upgrades, equipment and performance enhancements exceeds the asking price offering the next owner an amazing opportunity and value.
The boat was sold and owned for a about a year by a knowledgeable sailer who performed some upgrades and sailed it locally. It was sold due to relocation. My client, and current owner, has owned this very nice boat for about a year as well and has only been sailing locally with very light use. It is being sold again due to relocation. This boat is very special. It has had hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of upgrades installed in preparation for the 2015 Trans Pac race.
I found when helping my client buy this boat a year ago that it had a well known reputation in Marina Del Rey. Every marine professional I talked to regarding this 2008 Beneteau 523 only had good things to say about this vessel and how it was prepared with no expense spared.
Full SpecsSpecial Features
- Raymarine: GPS, AIS, Radar, & Autopilot
- Layout: 3 Cabins & 3 Heads
- Yanmar Engine: Low hours, Recent Service: 2018
- Onan Generator 11.5 kW
- Side Power Bow Thruster
- 3 Harken Electric Winches
- New Tall Mast & Standing Rigging - 2016
- Custom Designed Rudder for Better Handling
- Large Ullman Sail Inventory - Code 0, x2 Spinnakers, etc.
- Harken MKIV Furler w/ Removable Drum for Racing - 2017
- Custom Stainless Steel Bow Sprit
- Custom Carbon Spinnaker Pole - 2016
- AGM Batteries - maintenance free
- Recent Survey
- Faired Race Bottom Paint
- New UK Lazy Cradle for Main Sail
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.