2010 Knysna 480
Norfolk VA, US
2010 Knysna 480 Owner Version Cruising Catamaran.
Here at the Multihull Company we have sold quite a few brokerage Knysna catamarans. The 480 is the same boat as the Knysna 500 in every respect but her sterns – her interior volume is identical.
Most of those that were built and sold have been four cabin versions, as a few of these boats were purchased to be operated in crewed charter. The owner version’s are more rare, such as Jangles.
I attended the survey for this yacht when she was sold to her current owners, and I can say that she was about as close to a "shrink wrapped" used catamaran as any I have ever sold. Her owner, who had her built, was as fastidious as they come. Jangles was immaculate then, and she remains immaculate still. She is a fully equipped world voyaging owner version catamaran that a person could buy, close on, and sail away to any place on the planet.
The hull is made of vacuum bagged, hand laid 25mm Airex PVC foam core with quadraxail non-crimp fabric and NPG gel coat isophtalic/vinly ester resin in a awlgrip pearl gray. The Yanmar SD50 clutchcone assembly have Flexofold propellers and hydraulic rudder drives.
This is a owner’s edition with three cabins plus a spare cabin in the starboard hull to accommodate up to 10 people. Industrial strength teak and poly flooring with stippled painted finish and maple wood cupboards and vents – wow is she pretty inside.
In the saloon, you will find a horse shoe shaped couch. An adjustable cherry, maple wood table can be lowered for addition sleeping space or lounging around the television. The three dedicated showers make life easy along with the Techma electric heads.
The three hanging lockers will accommodate all your foulies and wet weather gear. The Spectra Catalina watermaker has a remote control. Meticulously maintained records with follow-up dates are available for inspection.
For those who are looking for a better performing, better fabricated blue water cat than the mainstream production cats, Jangles fills a unique niche. That she also happens to be the best equipped and best maintained Knysna I’ve ever come across is just icing on the cake.
She is currently lying in Southern Virginia and can be shown by appointment.
Full SpecsDIMENSIONS AND DETAILS
- LOA: 14.63 meters
- LWL: 12.92 meters
- BEAM: 7.96 meters
- DRAFT: 1.45 meters max
- DISPLACEMENT: 15500 Kg to DWL
- BRIDGE DECK CLEARANCE: 1.21 meters. Dim, waterline to bridge deck.
- Yanmar Engines 4JH5CE x2
- Engine Hours as of June 2018: Port 1548 hours Starboard 1553 hours
- Engines HP: 54 BHP total 108 BHP.
- Cruising Speed: 10Kts
- Sail drive brand and model number: Yanmar SD50 (x2) (2x o-hauled Clutch cone assembly additional in boat spares)
- Propellers: Flexofold, 3 blade foldable propeller (x2)
- Rudder drives: Lecomble & Schmitt 64240 Rams (x2 one in each engine bay) Hydraulic. (VHM50DTP cylinders)
- Helm pump: Lecomble & Schmitt LS hydraulic pump.
- Fuel: 614 Liters
- Water: 614 Liters
- Black Water: 2x 50 Liters
- Grey Water: 2x 25 Liters
- Tank monitoring: Offshore Multi tank 3330 display.
- Sensors: 3271 capacitive fuel sensor sender, NMEA 2000 and 3281 capacitive water level sender, NMEA 2000
- Fuel and main water tanks sensed only.
- Owner version
- 3 Cabins
- Sleeps 10 People. 2x Double beds in owner’s side
- Type of flooring: Teak and holly Formica bonded onto 9mm marine ply panels. Industrial strength
- Interior finish: Stippled painted finish with cherry and Maple wood cupboards and vents
- Salon couch and fabric: Horse shoe couch covered with “Vitally” from Medici
- Salon table: Cherry and Maple Wood adjustable table
- Head and showers: 3 Techma electric heads + 3 dedicated showers
- Cabinets: Cherry insert and maple borders
- Hanging lockers: 3
- Navigation station: Yes
- Interior lighting: All cabin lights are LED
- Headboard LED lights and switches in each cabin
- Water maker type and size: Spectra Catalina C300 Mk11. With 3000 remote controller. Clark pump and diaphragm replaced April 2016
- Watermaker hours = 2461 (June 2018)
- Air conditioning type and total BTU size: 2x Climma Vego 16000 BTU air conditioners with MD65 230/1/50 cooling raw water pump
- Hot water heater brand and size: Isotemp Basic 40Ltr. with mixing (heating) from Starboard engine water system
- Cabin fan type and number: Caframo 807 Sirocco II Fans x5 with 1 new in boat spares. 3 new in December 2017
- GPS type, model and size: Garmin GX17 with spare GPS Receiver
- Multi function displays: Garmin GMI-10 colour multi-function displays (x3)
- Depth sounder model and size: Garmin GSD-22 with Airmar B117 transducer
- Forward Viewing Sonar: Echopilot FLS Platinum.
- Wind speed and direction model: Garmin GSW10.
- Autopilot size and brand: Garmin GHP10, 2.1 liter pump (spare pump in boat spares), Garmin GHC10 Controllers (x2 one at helm, one at Navigation table), Garmin GHP12 CCU Compass, Garmin GHP12 ECU Computer, Garmin Autopilot remote control
- VHF Radio brand and model: Garmin VHF200I
- VHF Remote Microphone: Garmin GHS10 with spare ($200)
- Remote speaker: Garmin Active Speaker - New June 2018
- Portable VHF Transceivers: Uniden Atlantis 250 transceivers x2
- AIS: Garmin AIS 600 Cat B.
- Handheld GPS model: Garmin GPS-60c
- Satellite phone system: Sailor 150
- Single Side Bad Radio Model: Icom IC-M802. SP-24
- Antenna Coupler: Icom AT-140 automatic tuner
- Antenna: Built into starboard inner shroud using Norseman isolators.
- Radar brand and size and year: Garmin GMR24HD 2011
- Chart plotter brand and size: Garmin 5015 (x2) 15 “ colour touch screen. One at helm (2010) and one at Navigation Table (2016), Garmin Mouse and handheld remote control
- Charts for Chartplotter: Bluechart g2 Vision SD cards, VUS031R South west Caribbean 08, VUS030R South east Caribbean 08, VAF002R South Africa 08, VPC020R Brisbane SW to Geraldtown 08, VPC022R East Coast Australia 08, VPC023R New Zealand 08, VPC018R New Caledonia-Fiji 08, VPC019R Polynesia 08, VSA008R Central America West 08, HXUS039r US all and Canadian West Coast (2017)
- Network Hub: Garmin GMS-10 NMEA 2000 (spare hub in boat spares)
- Temp and log transducer: Airmar DST-800
- Depth Transducer: Airmar B-117
- TV Antenna: Glomex V9125
- TV: Telefunken TLCD24FHD 12 volt
- Compass brand and size: Plastimo Offshore 105, BV0062
- Gas Detector: Controller; BEP Marine 600-GDL, Sensor; BEP Marine BL-SL-L, Valve; BEP Marine SA296COMP-12V
- Blue tooth DVD and Radio: Sansui
- Printer: HP Photosmart wireless B110 printer
MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL
- Solar panel type and size of total watts: Solara SM225M x6 Solara Panels
- 3 solar panels replaced with 80w panels in December 2017
- Solar Controller: Blue Sky Solar boost 3024!
- Wind Generator: Electrodynamics D400
- Wind generator serviced with new bearings - May 2018
- Output: 235w @22 Kts. 420w @ 28 Kts
- Regulator: Aerogen 6TB12
- Generator type and size: Onan Cummings MDKBL 7KVA, 5881 hours, Diesel 2.2 L per hour
- Charger system type: Victron 12/3000/120-50 Quattro 2010
- Alternator size and type: Electromaax 160 HP x2 (serpentine belts)
- Regulator: Balmar MC-614 regulators and Cyrix I225 battery combiner relay for House battery/ starter battery charging, voltage regulator replaced on Starboard side with same Balmar regulator. Both relays upgraded to Cyrix-ct 12/24 230 amp - May 2018
- House Battery Bank: All batteries replaced with Northstar SMS AGM400 batteries - May 2018 ($4,000)
- Engine starter battery: Starboard battery (older one) replaced with Deka 12v AGM - January 2018
- Inverter model and size and year: Victron 12/3000/120-50 Quattro 2010
- Battery monitor system: Victron BPP controller
- Network: Victron VCC converter
- DC Distribution: Victron VBC Battery Controller
- Remote panel: Victron VE-NET Blue power Panel
- AC Distribution panel: BEP Marine 10 way custom
- DC Distribution panel: BEP Marine 48 way custom
- Zinc saver/ Galvanic isolator: ZS-30A/N 30 Amp.
- Washing Machine: Samsung WD8704EJA Quiet Drive
- Batteries, House battery bank: Northstar NSB M12-210 AGM (x6) 2010
- Engine starter batteries: Lifeline GPL-27T AGM batteries. (x2) 2013 & 2014
- Generator: SMX-NF110-5. (x1) 2016
- Refrigerators: Isotherm 85 Liter with freezer section, Isotherm 85 Liter without freezer section
- Freezer: Isotherm 85 liter
- Sink size and type: Dual sink
- Saltwater pump: N/A Fresh water sinks. Blaster 3901 pumps x2
- Stove and number of burners: Force 10, 3x burners
- Oven: Force 10
- Corian counter tops
- Icemaker: Uline 220V icemaker mounted in Port forward head. Cool area of boat
SAILS AND RIGGING
- Mainsail: Quantum Sails, 75.16 sq. meters
- Jib: Quantum sails, 50.27 sq. meters
- Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Screecher: 109 Sq. Meters
- Profurl Screecher Furler
- Halyard and lines: Topping lift - New 2018
- Genoa: Profurl headsail reefing furling system.
- Mast: Aluminum anodized mast with forward cross beam and compression strut. Sparcraft
- Sparcraft Mast is made from Aluminium Alloy Extrusion, has 2 sets of swept spreaders. Mast step is on the deck, new traveler end stops - 2018
- Forestay complete with Shafner jib furling gear
- Inner Forestay: 10mm Dyform
- Cap shroud: 12mm Dyform
- Lower Diamond: 10mm 1x19
- Upper Diamond: 10mm 1x19
- Winches: Lewmar 48 electric. Self tailing Jib sheet winch (x1), Lewmar 48 self tailing Main sheet (x1), Lewmar 48 Electric self-tailing port screecher and spinnaker winch (x1), Lewmar 48 self-tailing spinnaker winches aft deck (x2), Lewmar 48 2 speed self-tailing either side of the Mast. (X2), Lewmar 40 2 speed maintrack winch (x1), Harkin 46 electric 2 speed self-tailing main Halyard winch (x1)
- Cleats: Spinlock XTS 2x single and 3x double
- Bow pulpit seats: X2
- Dinghy: Infanta semi ridged 3.1 Meter (2010)
- Dinghy engine type and horsepower: Yamaha 15 HP. 2 stroke (2010)
- Cockpit seating and table: 2x tables 3x bench style seats
- Cockpit cushions: Yes, with lounging cushion on port side of Cockpit
- BBQ type: Weber Gas BBQ, with manual shut-off valve
- BBQ grill LED spotlight upgraded (2017)
- Insulated cockpit drink fridge
- Deck shower type: Deck shower with hot and cold water
- Bimini design and type: Coach roof from salon to rear of cockpit
- Traveler brand and type: Lewmar
- Stack pack with lazy jacks: Yes
- Standard sail cover: Yes, UV protected
- Batten car brand and type: Harken Batcar system.
- Primary anchor brand and size: Rocna 33 Kg
- Primary anchor chain and rode: 48 meters chain, 50 meters Rode.
- Secondary anchor brand and size: Danforth 15 Kg
- Secondary anchor chain and rode: 15 Meters Chain and 30 Meter Rode
- Windlass: Lewmar
- Trampoline: Super Tramp, Ullman sails.
- Bumpers – how many and what size: 9, 3x Large 5x medium
- Dock lines: 4 new Nylon lines, multiple older lines, 2x 50 meter black heavy duty mooring lines.
- Davits: 1 set integral with rear deck
- Opening hatches brand and number: x16 Lewmar
- Mosquito net screens: 2x Emergency Hatches.
- UV hatch covers: All hatch covers have Sanbrello covers
- Helm cover with window insert
- 3x dive tanks steel with covers
- 2x Mares large and medium BC (integrated weight system).
- 3x Regulators. Serviced May 2016
- Bright weight bag and dive weights.
- 2 sets of split fins.
- Paddle board with paddle
- One kayak with paddle
- Swim platform: Yes
- Fishing gear: 2x Rods and real with various lures.
- Viking 8 man Life Raft - February 2016
- Flares: 3x red Orion hand-held exp. July 2019, 3x Orion 12 gauge red aerial flares exp. July 2019, 1x Orion Orange Smoke signal exp. 2019, 1x comet Floating Orange smoke, 3x 6 “ glow sticks
- Strobes: ACR SM-2 Buoy strobe.
- Life Vests: 8x Sub-Zero Class 1 type A. Oceanic for 32 Kg and above.
- MOB Gear: Danbuoy, x2 horshoe life rings on push pit bracket, one throw light.
- Ditch bag: Yes
- Drogue: 1x Lalizas Professional Drogue 10240
- Medical kit: Yes
- EPIRB type and year: MT403FG class2 GMDSS Cat +GPS, Float free housing
- PLB: MT410
- Electric bilge pumps: X4 (2x main and 2x Grey water)
- Manual bilge pumps: X2 Whale –Gusher –Titan bilge pumps.
- Emergency tiller type: Knysna yacht company built. Mechanically attaches to Starboard Rudder thru the engine lid.
- Tools and spares: Various tools in Sealed containers.
- Fog Horn: Yes
- Bell: Yes
- Jack Stays: 2x braided type, viced
- MOB sensing system: Raymarine Life Tag system. (Not connected to Chartplotter) Stand alone siren system.
- Fire extinguishers: Aft cabins on Bulkheads, 5A/34B rating, Fwd cabins on bulkheads, 5A/34B rating, Galley portside stove, X2. 5A/34B rating, Galley portside stove, Fire blanket, Owner’s hull fwd of sliding door, Fire Blanket, Saloon stbd. sliding door. Fire stryker, Saloon portside shelving, fire stryker.
- Both Engines CO2 under aft cabin bunks manually operated
- All above hand extinguishers re-certified in March of 2018, CO sensors replaced 2018
- 3 Dive tanks, (steel)
- 3 BC jackets, (1x Mares ICON male BC, female BC and standard BC) 2 have integrated Bright weights)
- 3x Regulators
- Various 5 and 7.5 mm full dive suits
- Various snorkels and masks
- 2x Split fins i standard
- 3 diving hoodies
- 8x storage containers for food etc bulk storage
- Spare Garmin Network nmea 2000 hub, (new not used)
- Spare Garmin 2.1 Liter Autopilot hydraulic pump, (new not used)
- Various Yanmar hoses and seals and spares
- Air compressor portable
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Various things like Sailing books, cruising books and cruising guides that cover the Caribbean
- Various paper maps of SA waters, Atlantic crossing, Pacific Crossing and Australia as well as Caribbean, US, BVI, Bahamas + the East Coast of the US FL to VA
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.