2016 Leopard 44
Fort Lauderdale FL, US
2016 ROBERTSON AND CAINE LEOPARD 44 Owners Version – Rarely Available!
BROKER’S REMARKS: "Empty Nest" is the desirable 3 Cabin 3 Head ‘Owners Version’ of the Leopard 44 in better than new condition. She is a late model, one of the very last few Owners Version 44s built. This yacht is equipped with Generator (new 2018), Air Conditioning (new 2018), 110v Icemaker, Electric Freshwater Flush Toilets, Custom Isinglass Helm Enclosure (new 2018), Washer/Dryer, All New Bedding, Custom Cockpit Cushions, 2x Electric Winches, Solar Panels, 12v Watermaker, Dinghy and 25hp outboard. Immaculate Mechanics and very low engine hours. New within 1 Year: Mast, Boom, Standing and Running Rigging, New Headsail and New Mainsail, New Bottom Paint and Hull and Topsides Wax Oct 2018.
One of the few production catamarans for sale on the East coast of Florida and the only Leopard 44 with the new "Milk" interior available. Available now at a substantial savings over replacement L45. Don’t wait, she won’t last long!
*** Empty Nest was sailed over on her own bottom from Cape Town South Africa and was NOT damaged by ANY hurricanes. She was ordered from the factory without generator or air conditioning, and owner added them here in Ft Lauderdale to cruise the warm Caribbean. Mast, Boom, Running and Standing Rigging all new in 2018 – installed by Nance and Underwood in Ft Lauderdale. This vessel is immaculate and ready to go now!
I took these photos myself in March 2019 – this boat is immaculate, almost new condition and needs nothing! Contact us today for your private viewing.
BUILDER’S REMARKS: The Leopard 44 was "Boat of the Year" when introduced in 2011. The judges were raving about the speed on the water, easy handling and the revolutionary forward cockpit. The Leopard 44 features two cockpits, one fore and one aft with outside dining area protected by a functional hard-top bimini with mounted solar panels (back side). The galley-up has ample storage and a huge drawer type fridge and freezer. No steps up or down anywhere on the salon level. The 3-cabin layout features an owner-dedicated starboard hull with master stateroom, office area and large head with separate stall shower forward. Sailing the Leopard 44 is easy: both main and jib sheets lead to stoppers and self-tailing (electric) winches directly adjacent to the helm. There’s room for two on the bench-style helm seat, but you need only one to trim sails!
AVAILABILITY: Immediately in Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Duty paid.
Full SpecsADDITIONAL SPECS
- HULL CONSTRUCTION: Composite Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) Sandwich with Balsa core
- DECK MATERIAL: Textured G.R.P. with balsa core
- RUDDER TYPE: Balanced spade rudders
- KEEL TYPE: Multihull
- WHERE BUILT: Cape Town, South Africa
ENGINES AND CONTROLS
- ENGINE 1 LAST SERVICED: Oct 2018 (1050 hours)
- ENGINE 1 HOURS RUN/DATE: Port
- ENGINE 2 LAST SERVICED: Oct 2018 (1050 hours)
- ENGINE 2 HOURS RUN/DATE: Starboard
- GEARBOX: 2x Yanmar Saildrive
- CONTROLS: Morse
- COOLING SYSTEM: Heat Exchange
SAILS AND RIGGING
- TYPE: Sloop Rig
- MAST HEIGHT: 65'
- SPAR MAKER/MATERIAL: Sparcraft/Aluminum
- STANDING RIGGING MATERIAL: Stainless Steel Wire
- RUNNING RIGGING MATERIAL: Cored Braided Line
- MAINSAIL REEFING: Lines lead Aft to Helm, Halyard Leads Aft to Electric Winches
- HEADSAIL ROLLER FURLING: Profurl Titanium
- BOOM VANG: Yes
- MAINSAIL / GENOA: Quantum
- ELECTRIC WINCHES: 2x Lewmar 46 CEST Electric
- OWNER SUITE: Starboard Side with Storage
- FANS: Yes, throughout
- BLINDS: Yes, Oceanaire throughout
- SALOON TABLE: Convertible to Coffee Table or Bed
- COOKER TYPE: Force 10, 3 burner
- SHOWERS: 3 in Heads + 1 Aft deck
- HANDBASINS: 3 - 1x each Head
- UPHOLSTERY/COLOUR SCHEME: "Milk" Interior
- INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION/WOOD TYPE: Laminate
- COOKWARE: if onboard Included
- LINENS: if onboard Included
- VOLTAGE: 12V
- ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT: 110V
- HOUSE BATTERIES: 3x AGM
- ENGINE BATTERIES: 2x AGM
- OUTBOARD ENGINE: 25hp 4 stroke, Electric start tiller
- DINGHY: AB 11.3 ALUMINUM HULL
- WARPS/FENDERS: Yes
- WINDLASS: Quick Electric Remote Controlled
- PRIMARY ANCHOR: Rocna Vulcan 55lb Anchor with 225’ of chain
- SECONDARY ANCHOR: Yes
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Installed Oct 2018
- Complete helm enclosure: 6 window panels with “U” zippers in forward/aft/port sides, Strataglass 40 guage framed in white stamoid. Custom Sunbrella helm seat cushion. Includes lower enclosure for rain protection.
- Custom Sunbrella seat cushions and backrests throughout exterior with 3” rollover back supports, 3” dry fast foam, and coordinating pillows.
- Brand new Chart Plotter – ES 97 series with Platinum+ map package
- Installed a 2nd antennae to separate the AIS and VHF antennas into two separate antennas eliminating the splitter increasing power over factory installed system.
- New Bottom paint Oct 2018 2 coats Micron CSC, through hulls cleaned
- Raritan Icerette 110v Icemaker, installed Oct 2018
- Pre-wired for Radar, Cable is labeled and ready to go.
- Magma Gas Grill Oct 2018
- 2 New Air conditioning Units Oct 2018
- New Generator, Oct 2018 only 200 hours
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.