June 2022 QUIET WOMAN is now in Ft Lauderdale
15 March 2022 QUIET WOMAN has been recommissioned and launched. Her liferaft is recertified, the Epirb has been serviced with a new battery, hull buffed out and bottom prepped and painted all in preparation for her passage to the USA.
November 2021 (4) NEW 8D AGM Batteries
Quiet Woman is at Nanny Cay in Tortola. Her sale is motivated by her owners finding their next boat after 24 years. This would be a propitious time to have a look if offshore passaging and island cruising are in your plans and future.
There was consensus among10 Mason owners who have been aboard, all were effusive in complimenting the owner on upgrades, improvements, condition, gear & equipment renewal and plain old maintenance.
As sleek as she is stable and as practical as she is luxurious, QUIET WOMAN is a true, blue water, cruising yacht.
Fitted out for any sailing adventure with the performance a serious sailor demands and the comforts of home a sailing family requires. In every harbor she is the prettiest girl at the dance; above and below deck.
In twenty-five knots she is laughing out loud. In rough weather she is a steady, comfortable ride and a good night’s sleep off watch.
When a lifelong sailor and President of a major marine manufacturing company embarked on his dream of an open-ended sailing adventure, he chose a Mason 53′–or maybe she chose him. Everywhere you look you see the result of over 20 years of loving stewardship.
From the obvious:
New Teak decks, a galley equipped for a chef, custom-made, foam mattresses, custom interior and accommodation plan, Freshly painted engine compartment, engine & generator.
To the not so obvious:
All new Stainless Steel chain plates, Ceram-Kote treated water tanks, new aluminum fuel tanks, All new standing rigging, new ‘ 16 headstay & inner forestay, ’16 light sanding of teak decks (fair), ’16 new hot water heater, ’16 new air conditioner etc.
If you are contemplating setting sail, extended cruising, offshore passaging or island-hopping, QUIET WOMAN is a perfect partner.
Please click on Full Specifications for complete details and dating of a much longer listing of upgrades and improvements.
Brightwork on deck recoated as needed (not shown in photos)
Cabin soles varnished 2016 as well as flat surfaces (i.e. tables)
2017-18 NEW rebuilt transmission
2017 -2018Complete engine rebuild
2019 All new mainmast wiring
The 1/2″ teak decks which were new 7 years ago received a light sanding (10/16) and now feel perfectly fair to the touch and appear to be new.
This is one of a few cruising sailboats in its class that is truly in,” TURNKEY,” condition. Step aboard with your provisions and gear and cast off; she is READY. Several experienced and professional sailors who have recently been aboard have commented that one of the things that impressed them the most is her,” TURNKEY, ” condition and sea-readiness.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 14.83 ft
Maximum Draft: 6.67 ft
Displacement: 39,600 lb
Ballast: 13,360 lb
Bridge Clearance: 63.42 ft
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (200 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (204 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 ( )
QUIET WOMAN has a well-proportioned accommodation plan affording privacy in the aft owners' cabin (with it's own companionway,, head and shower) and generous volume in the forward cabins.
A V-berthed arrangement was added by the current owners all the way forward..A guest cabin is aft of this with a double berth to Port and a head including a shower just aft of it..
Next aft to Port is the main saloon with a large U-shaped settee and table. Across to Starboard is a single settee (extending transom) and outboard an upper berth.The dining table is on telescoping pedestals and can be lowered to provide extra accommodation, if needed. There are(2) wine bottle wells in the middle of this table.
The galley is abutting, aft and to Port (see GALLEY list below). opposite to Starboard
Navigation station (see electronics)..
- Custom latex (foam) Mattresses Aft cabin and forward cabin, to rplace original
- 2017 New interior cushions (foam & upholstery, 2017, Navy Ultra Leather) w/ Sunbrella covers, including V-berthed forward cabin.
- 2014, modified bulkhead between galley & main saloon to open the space up
- SolidTeak & Holly (not a thin veneer) cabin soles revarnished,2017
- There is a full set of cruising covers for the upholstery
- New 2016 headliner and interior facia around portlights are white Formica panels with teak battens, in main and aft cabins
- There are (4) Custom Maxwell Weaver overhead hatches and (12) opening New Found Metals portlights for light and ventilation. There are screens for all hatches and opening portlights. Hatches and opening portlights replaced by owner.
- Leecloths for all berths
- Fitted linens and coverlets for berths
- FLAT SURFACES i. e, TABLES FRESHLY COATED WITH VARNISH MAY 2017 (Not shown in photos)
- 2007 TASCO 3-BURNER Stainless steel stove w/oven, gimbaled, propane
- 2016 LPG solenoid shutoff 2014 LPG flex hoses and valves
- (2) 20# propane tanks stored aft in an overboard draining locker.
- Top-loading icebox, 120 Volt Seafrost freezer/ refrigeration w/ holding plates; Rebuilt box with New, 4", closed-cell, insulation and gaskets, 1998--wired to run off inverter in emergency
- 1998 Colmatic, 12 Volt refrigerated Day Box
Sink, double Stainless Steel w/ New 2015 Delta H & C pressure, water faucet, NEW 2015,Whale Freshwater & Seawater foot-pump s
- 1998 Corian countertops in galley & heads.
- Black & Decker Toaster/ oven
- Nespresso Expresso maker
- Built -in wine cellar, 2 case capacity
- 2013 Contoure Microwave
- Full set of flatware & dishes
- Full set of pots & pans
- Hinged swing=up teak counter extender
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION
2007, Raymarine C-series Chartplotter/ Radar
- 2004, Furuno GP32 GPS, WAAS
- Autohelm 7000 autopilot w/ cockpit display only, linked to hydraulic drive as a backup to the NKE control head
- 2004, NKE hydraulic Autopilot (with man-overboard feature)
- ICOM SSB 700 Pro 24 w/ ICOM AT-130Tuner ",as is"
- 2018 B & G Hydra Masthead sending unit, and depth transducer
- B&G HYDRA sailing instruments
- ICOM M402 VHF
- Iridium external Satellite phone antenna (phone excluded from the sale)
- 2018, Uniden Depth sounder, transducer mounted forward
- 2015, AIS Vesper WIFI w/ masthead mounted antenna
- ICOM ICM1 handheld vhf
- Ritchie Binnacle compass
- 2017 Mast- mounted Glomex TV/ Stereo antenna
- WIFI Big Boy - Long Range System, w/ masthead antenna
- 2017 LG digital flat screen TV 12/120V
- 2013, Fusion Stereo w/ 4 speakers
- 2019 NEW all mainmast electrical wiring and internal wiring conduit, mast lights
- 1998 Main AC/ DC Electrical distribution panel, all new wiring (old wiring removed)
- 1998 Battery switches and common ground panel w/ all New wiring,
- 2022 (4) NEW 8D 245 amp hour AGM batteries
- 1998 Promariner 50-3 battery charger,
- 2014 Victron Energy Multi Plus 3000W inverter/ charger w/ remote
- 2006 Cantalupi LED lights & fixtures (GFI) in Heads & Galley
- 2017 Marine Air / Air Conditioning, 16,000 BTU
- (3) 30 amp shore power cords
- (1) 50 amp shore power cord with Y adapter
- (10) 12 V fans
- 2001- 8 KW Northern Lights Generator, , Top-end rebuilt 2003, Hours2334,
- 2018 Generator removed from boat and professionallyserviced & painted 2018, Oil analysis performed annually. Engine compartment & bilge cleaned and repainted before reinstallation.
- 2013 gen. starting battery
- 2014 S /S exhaust elbow,
- 2014 exhaust manifold
- 2019 sea water pump
- 120V Shorepower (2) 50 Amp Outlets
- 2017 (2) Guest Galvanic Isolators with breakers per NMMA
- 2017 Full ABYC Circuit Breaker Box for 120volt shore power
ENGINE / PERKINS 4236/ 85 HP @2500 RPMs & Mechanical
- In 2018 the engine and generator were removed from the boat and taken to the mechanic's shop. The Perkins was completely disassembled on the bench. The head, valves were sent out to specialty shops to be remachined to original spec. the valves were then set to proper spec. The engine was reassembled with new rods and bearings. New Lift pump and water pump were installed. The front cover and rear seal were replaced with new. The starter, alternator, injection pump and injectors were all sent out to specialty shops for inspection and reconditioning. The heat exchanger, transmission and engine oil coolers were inspected, acid- washed and pressure tested, before reinstallation. All new hoses and pipes were installed with new hose clamps. All new Gaskets and seals were installed. New thermostat. Cylinders were separately heat tested, under load, and passed within correct parameters. The engine compression was checked and found to be within spec on all cylinders. After total reassembly the engine was run on a test bed and found to be running normally.
- The engine compartment and bilge were cleaned and painted. New engine mounts were installed. The engine and a new rebuilt transmission were installed, and seatrials were successfully performed in March of 2018.
- 2017 New propellor, shaft, bearings and PSS shaft seal system installed
- Balmar 185 Amp alternator reconditioned 2018
- 2018 New rebuilt Borg Warner 1.91 :1 treansmission
- 2015 Rebuilt stainless Steel exhaust system
- 2004 Groco bronze seawater strainers
- Racor 500 FG Dual Bypass fuel filter & watrer separator with vacuum gauge(this is a belt and suspenders system; one filter online and a clean backup offline)
- Electric fuel pump(for bleeding engine)
- 12 volt oil change system
- Remote oil filter
- 1998 New engine panel with tach, alarms, voltage and oil pressure gauge
- 1998 Algae X fuel polishing system with pump
- 2014 Rebuilt Yacht Specialties Steering, quadrant, blocks and cable
- Range 800 miles
- 2001 New engine wiring harness
2021 NEW (4) Trojan 8D 245 Ah AGM batteries
- 2017(1) Group 27 Generator starting battery
- amp meters and voltmeters
- 2000 New (2) 102 gall. fuel tanks, custom- built of heavy gauge aluminum w/ new Wema fuel gauges, both tanks removed, emptied, cleaned, reinstalled and refilled in 2005
- Fuel tanks have been topped off continually throughout this owner's stewardship(never left partially empty)
- -Fuel is filtered through the ALGAE-X polishing system, frequently. Not a drop of water has shown up in the RACOR fuel and water separators since the new tanks were installed
- All Lewmar winches serviced and rechromed,1998 and 2015
- (2)Lewmar 55 CST Primaries, 2 speed
- (2) Lewmar 42 CST,Secondaries, 2 speed
- (1) Lewmar 40 CST, 2 speed on cabintop
- Mainmast (1) Lewmar 30,
- - (1) Lewmar 16, 2 speed
- (2) Lewmar 42, 2 speed,CST
- (1) Lewmar 32, 2 speed CST
- On foredeck (1) 2010 Maxwell 44 ELECTRIC, 2 speed, CST, rebuilt 2020 and Fairing block replaced
- Mizzenmast (1) Lewmar 16, 2 speed
FRESH & SEA WATER & PLUMBING
- 2017 Shurflowater pump & Accumulator tank (spare pump)
- (4) Stainless Steel freshwater tanks steam-cleaned w/ new gaskets on cleanout ports, 1998; total water capacity near 400 galls.
- 2014, Interiors of UpperTanks were CE-RAM coated (sealed) after inspection ports added between baffles
- Village Marine 800GPD reverse Osmosis watermaker,1998, 2021 New membranes, 2014 pump rebuilt
- All freshwater hoses and fittings (Whale)replaced, 1998
- 2014, Xintrex gauges for all water tanks
- Freshwater manifold
- 2016 Whale Faucets
- Dual fresh water filtration system
- 2017 S / S 11 gallon hot water heater
- 2007, Shurflo 5.3 Galls./minute /45 PSI Seawater Washdown pump,
- --Whale seawater foot pump at galley sink
- MARINE SANITATION
- 2006 (2) Techma, electric, marine toilets, REBUILT 2017
- -- (2) Integral Fiberglass Holding tanks (1 each fore and aft) with gauges, thoroughly cleaned and serviced, 2015
- (2) Whale Gulper 220 diaphragm Shower Sump pumps
2019 (2) RULE 2000 auto/electric/manual, submersible bilge pumps, aft bilge. All bilge compartments limber through their own hose to the aft bilge compartment's deep sump where the bilge pumps are located
- Whale Gusher 30 manual bilge pump
- Bilge pump counter at Nav Station
2005 Teak Deck, entirely replace with ( 1/2" Teak Decking Systems) Woodstock, Antigua.
- Oct 2017 Teak decks lightly-sanded, perfectly fair to the touch and appears as New, Hinckley
- 1998 1000#s lead added in bilge below engine; epoxied in place
- 2005 Hull Awlgripped faired & painted Flag Blue, 2022 Buffed out.
- 2005 Superstructure & cockpit Awlgripped
- Bottom , 2009 stripped,dried, fully prepped, faired, primed , epoxy barriercoated & bottom-painted with Seahawk, 2009 --Brooklin Boatyard, ME
- Bottom prepped & recoated with bottom paint, annually, 2022
- 2005 Custom-made, solid fiberglass laminate Rubrail w/ Stainless Steel Striker
- All seacocks, 1998, replaced with New or reconditioned Bronze seacocks - continually checked and serviced or replaced as appropriate
- 2021 BRIGHTWORK RECOATED (not shown in photos)
- 2021, replaced depth-sounder fairing block,
- Hull is Solid FBG laminate
- Full Keel with encapsulated, lead ballast
- 2017, New Lifelines & Fittings
- 2007 12 Volt Side Power Bowt-hruster,
- NEW 2015, Bilges prepped and repainted
- **Hull & rudder were sounded in 2020 by Captain Williams, SAMS, SCMS, FEMAS a certified marine surveyor in the U. S. , U. K., and EU he reported, "No delamination was detected." Additionally he saw no evidence of hull repairs, damage or blisters
- 2020 Rudder bearing, Serviced
- 1998, Kato Stainless Steel Davits for sailing dinghy
- 2003, Stainless steel tube Bimini frame w/Seamark top,
- 2006, Stainless steel chocks (cradle)on foredeck for inflatable dinghy with outboard mounted on dinghy
- Carib 10' hard bottom inflatable w/ Sunbrella cover & 15 hp Yamaha outboard, 2 w/ stainless steel lock, outboard fully serviced, 2020. 9 & 3 gall fuel tanks-anchor and emergency gear for dinghy
- 1998, Sailing & rowing dinghy 7.6', New 2010 Sail
- Swim ladder- Folding Stainless Steel tube with teak style treads - attaches to genoa track Port or Starboard companionways
- Folding Teak cockpit table at Binnacle
- (2) Stainless Steel Destroyer type steering wheels; 1 standard and the other a Lewmar Folding type
- 2016, (5)Taylor fenders w covers
- (3) Ball type fenders
- (2) Nicro solar vents powered with rechargeable batteries) Aft head and forward cabin; 1 intake and the other expelling air to create continual ventilation.
SAILS & CANVAS
- 2001, Doyle Mainsail-fully-battened w/ stackpack very good, reconditioned, 2010, Cleaned and serviced 2017, NEW full battens and stackpack
- 2003, Schaefer Furlers, headstay and inner forestay, Serviced 2016(Wire rope stays replaced, Hinckley)
- 2007, Doyle 130 Genoa, Doyle, Very good, cleaned and serviced 2016
- 2009, Doyle Mizzen, fully-battened w/ Stackpack,,, Very good, cleaned and serviced, 2016
- Sobstad Furling Staysail, Good
- 2005, Leonard 150 Reacher Drifter w/ Spectra luff
- Hong Kong Storm Jib, Like new
- Hong Kong Storm trysail, Like new
- Sobstad Cruising spinnaker w/ sock, Fair, patched, serviceable
- Sheets & spare sheets for each sail
- 2005, Seamark dodger & Bimini (Reconditioned 2019)
- 2017 dodger forward for main saloon companionway
- 2006 mooring covers,
- 2017, Fairclough Boom tent full boat storage cover
SPARS & RIGGING
- 2019 Mainmast electrically rewired, and all rigging inspected by Triple S Rigging Service, Antigua.
- 2019 All Chainplates inspected, cleaned and resealed at under the deck covers at the deck penetration.
- 2016 Headstay & Inner forestay replaced by Hinckley
- 2019 Tides track for mainsail
- 2010 Forespar main and mizzen masts stripped to bare metal, prepped, primed and Awlgripped, Brooklin Boat Yard
- 2010, all mast hardware & sheaves
- 2009-10 All Standing rigging, Seco South, Running rigging
- 2019 Genoa halyard
- 2020, Navigation and other mast lights, wiring LED lights
- 2003, Schaeffer Roller furling headstay and inner forestay furler,wire rope stays replaced and furlers serviced at Hinkley 2017
- 2010, Forespar vang, rebuilt 2018
- 2010, Ronstan Mainsheet Traveller system,
- 2010, All blocks replaced with new or reconditioned blocks
- 2010, Forespar lightning protection on Main & Mizzen masts
- 1998-99 ALL NEW 316L Stainless Steel Chainplates, Inspected and recaulked every 5-7 years; last in 2019
- 2010 Forespar Spinnaker pole
- 2010, Maxwell 44 electric, halyard, reef winch 2020 rebuilt with new gearbox and faring block base
- (10) extra blocks including snatch blocks and manual stoppers
SAFETY GEAR & EQUIPMENT
- Ground tackle :(1) Delta 88, anchor
- -- (1) Delta 44, anchor
- -- (1) Fisherman 110 #s, anchor
- -- (1) Fortress FX 55, anchor
- 400' ACCO 3/8 Chain, HT
- 600' 3/4" Mega Braid anchor rode
- (2) line snubbers
- 2012,ACR-406 EPIRB certified with new battery 2022
- Horseshoe lifering w/ man-overboard, pole and Forespar light
- 15 standard PFDs,
- (5) 3/4" Mega Braid docklines
- 2011, Switlik MD-3,, 6-man Automatic Life- raft, inspected & Recertified 2022
- (6 )Fire extinguishers
- First aid kit
- Horn mounted on Mizzen
- Floodlight mounted on Mizzen
- Forespar lightning strike defusers on both masts
- Radar deflector mounted on Mizzen
- Ditchbag w/ supplies, (5) survival blankets, flares, etc.
HOLDING TANKS & SEAWATER PLUMBING
- Holding tanks 2009, 2015, emptied and thoroughly cleaned
- NEW 1998,all hoses
- NEW 1998, Whale shower sump pumps
- NEW 2007, high pressure saltwater washdown pump
- FULL inventory of manufacturer's instruction/owners manuals
- Custom manual for all vessel systems written by owners
- Extensive spare parts inventory and tools
- Full log of maintenance (invoices) dating back to 1998
- March 2020 survey available on request
- 2016 WEEMS & PLATH Clock & Barometer
QUIET WOMAN, Let her speak to you.
- Painting on main bulkhead ( frame can convey).
- Set of Chef's knives
- Personal gear (clothing etc.)
- owner's Tools
The Yacht name, QUIET WOMAN, may be retained and used by a Buyer on the transom of the Yacht and paperwork pertaining to the Yacht i .e . Documentation, radio licenses, pfds, etc.
QUIET WOMAN is a registered trademark and may not be used by anyone other than the
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.