Cape Dory Yachts, built in Taunton, MA are well known for their traditionally styled full keel sailing craft with superior construction, sea kindly motion and a good turn of speed.
GOOD HOPE was purchased by her original owners in 1985 and sailed the Gulf of Mexico from Texas to Florida. She is a veteran Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean cruiser and has ventured to Venezuela, Guatemala, Mexico and Belize. In the past 5 years she has made Southwest Florida her home.
GOOD HOPE has been maintained and upgraded over the years and is in very good condition for a vessel of her vintage.
Only 270 hours on her rebuilt Perkins diesel engine, In 2014 next Gen diesel generator was added, along with shore powered air conditioning, a new VHF, Single Sideband radio, GPS Chartplotter and entertainment system. Standing rigging and new cockpit cushions were replaced in 2014. New batteries are being installed currently.
She is a great couples boat with plenty of room for guests.
This is your chance to own a modern classic with maintenance and upgrades that you just won’t often find. Call us now for your private showing of this classic full keel cutter rigged sailing yacht.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 11.42 ft
Maximum Draft: 5.58 ft
Displacement: 19,500 lb
Ballast: 7,000 lb
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-108 Rebuilt
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 41|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (100 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (50 Gallon)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
The hull is a solid fiberglass unit with the keel molded in.
7000# displacement filled with lead ballast.
The lead ballast is sealed with fiberglass material creating essentially "two" bottoms, one at the bottom of the keel, and a second at the upper end of the keel which creates the bilge.
Unintended groundings distribute the load across the entire hull rather than placing severe stress on a small number of keel boats as occurs with bolt on fin keel boats.
The full keel allows the boat to track well without wandering, causing very little attention to helm and with her cutter rig, she is an easily balanced boat.
The rudder is a continuation of the keel and the prop is well protected in an aperture giving protection from impact to both the rudder and the prop.
The well equipped galley with generous storage is to port, to starboard enter the aft stateroom with large berth and great storage, good light and opening ports.
Forward in the salon is the dinette and settee (converts to a double, to port) A single settee to starboard with a nav station aft completes the salon.
Forward to port is a spacious head, (Electric Raritan) with a separate walk in shower. To starboard are drawers, storage and a hanging locker.
All the way forward is the Owner's Stateroom. A V berth with cushion insert to make a wide berth with Custom Foam Mattress, generous storage, lockers and shelves, also good light and overhead hatch and opening portlights allow for great ventilation.
Throughout the vessel you will find plenty of storage in lockers, drawers and hanging lockers.
Ventilation is superb with five deck hatches and 12 opening port lights.
All deck hatches have wood framed screens.
- SS Sink with Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- (2) Foot pumps for manual water tap (Salt and Fresh water) (Not currently working)
- 12v Adler Barbour refrigerator and freezer. (Not currently working)
- Tasco 3 burner LPG Propane stove and oven
- (2) LPG Propane tanks
- 12 V DC Solenoid control for Propane system
- Dry storage for food galley gear and utensils
- Lofrans Tigress 1200 watt electric windlass with foot control and twin capstans
- Twin bow rollers on bow sprit
- 45 lb Bruce style anchor on 150' chain rode
- 60 lb Plough style anchor on 20' chain and 250' nlyon rode
- Fortress anchor stored in aft locker
- Perkins diesel engine 4-108 Fresh Water Cooled 41 HP
- Engine has undergone a rebuild 2014 (200 hrs since rebuild)
- 16000 Btu Air conditioning with reverse cycle heat New in 2014
- Next Gen diesel generator with less than 150 hours
- New Stainless Steel Hot Water Tank
- Deck salt water washdown at bow
- 12V DC system with electrical panel and circuit breakers
- 120 V AC system with panel and breakers
- (3) House batteries GP 31 AGM, New 2022
- (1) Generator Starting Battery Group 27 AGM, New 2022
- (1) Engine Starting battery Group 31 AGM, New 2022
- 30 amp shore power cord 50'
- Generator remote starting panel
- New 2015 Xantrex inverter/charger with SCP System control monitoring panel.
- 30 amp Charles battery charger
- Link 20 Battery Monitoring system (for house bank and engine battery)
- Navigation lights
- Tri Color mast head light
- Auxiliary 12 V DC stern light
- Interior lights replaced with LED
- (4) 12 V fans
- Fuel polishing system
- Garmin 740 S touch screen color GPS Chart plotter with sounder mod at helm
- Garmin Wind, knot and depth GMI 10 at helm
- Standard Horizon Matrix GX 2100 VHF Radio with AIS
- Standard Horizon AIS system (integrated with GX2100 VHF)
- Garmin GPS Map 541S Color Chart plotter with depth sounder module at Nav Station
- Garmin Radar
- Autohelm 6000 Autopilot
- ICOM M 802 Single Sideband Radio with backstay antenna (not wired up currently, all wiring run but not hooked up,)
- Sony Stereo AM/FM/CD with speakers in salon and cockpit (not hooked up)
- Vizio Flat Screen panel TV with DVD Player
Deck & Cockpit
- Sunbrella bimini and dodger with isinglass and connector (6’.5” under bimini)
- Custom Cockpit Cushions
- Custom hinged companion doors with stained glass
- Standard companionway hatch boards
- Cockpit shower
- Teak cockpit table on pedestal
- Wheel steering
- Propane BBQ grill on stern rail
- Ocean Marine Dinghy Davits
- (2) Custom teak outboard motor mounts on stern rail
- Dock lines
- Swimming ladder mounted on stern
Sails & Rigging
- Cutter rig, aluminum mast and boom
- New July 2014 Norseman Stainless Steel Standing Rigging
- Profurl Roller furling genoa
- Profurl roller furling staysail
- 110% Hood Yankee cut headsail
- Hood Full batten mainsail with lazy jacks
- Boom Vang
- Custom Stainless Steel mast pulpit
- Harken Traveler
- (2) Lewmar 48 ST 2 speed primary winches (bronze)
- Lewmar 40 2 speed mainsheet winch
- Lewmar 30 halyard winch at mast
- SS Sink with hot/cold pressure water system
- Electrical Raritan head with holding tank, macerator pump and overboard discharge
- Separate walk in shower
- Shower sump pump
- 3 Life Jackets
- Flair kit with gun, flares out of date
- 1 Bosuns chair (new)
- 1 Harness
- AB 9.5 RIB dinghy with custom cover (2019)
- 9.9 HP Yamaha 4 stroke out board (2019)
- 4 Man Viking Life raft (out of certification)
- Full ships manuals
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.