Currently hauled out of the water in Stuart, Florida at Hinckley Yacht Services. The mast is out of the boat as well.
The 535 Norseman Spirit of Australia features three staterooms and two heads. Her draft is 6’6″. She is powered by a OM352 Mercedes 125 HP engine along with an 6.5 kw Onan genset. The MaxProp is on a 1 3/4” shaft with a line cutter. Her engine and genset exhaust under water. There is a walk-in engine room with adjacent space for a washer/dryer. She has a Lewmar hydraulic Commander drive unit with new stainless hoses feeding three Reckmann hydraulic furlers. Her Hood and North sails are controlled by two electric Barlow winches and ten Barrient self tailing winches. With reconditioned in-mast furling gear (luff rod) and power winches on her foresails, she is a push button sailboat capable of single handing. Her North spinnaker and sock are nearly new.
Her teak deck has been removed.
With greater ballast but less beam and lighter overall weight than the Oyster 53, Spirit has a 43% ballast/displacement ratio, a displacement /length ratio of 180, and a sail area displacement ratio of 17.7 making her capable of 200 miles daily runs. And, she can do this with a 6’ 6” versus a 7’3” draft for the Oyster which makes Spirit more Bahamas capable.
She has a king-sized center aft berth, queen-sized forward V berth, over/under crew berths, and a convertible captain/storage berth. The convertible saloon berth has been removed but could be replaced. There are three cedar lined hanging closets, built in dressers, and a wall safe. There are seven large storage compartments inside and four on deck. She has a “kangaroo” monogrammed wine bar and a custom locker for the crystal. She has two Vacu-flush heads each with Plexi stall showers. Her sound/TV systems include a Samsung 40” flat screen, LG CD player, 4 NFT audio speakers + Polk Sub, and Onkyo blue tooth surround sound with Roku and Sirius XM. She has a Westinghouse flat screen VCR aft. She carries both Cruiseair and LG portable AC, as well as Wabasto diesel heat. She features granite galley counters, stainless sinks, Grohe fixtures, leather settees, a custom removable bulkhead supergraphic of a Farr 65 racing in the Heineken Cup, and sisal wallpaper.
Rondal deck up-lights illuminate her sails at night. Deck and anchor wash, twin rollers, Delta, Bruce, and 75 lb. yachtsman storm anchor, 100 feet chain with an Ultra Swivel anchor/chain connector, and a Lofrans windlass with remote complete her ground tackle systems. For your tender, she has Simpson stainless deck davits and winders with spare wire.
Her nav station was refit in 2012 with Raymarine E7 Plotter and HD radar. A Raymarine cockpit repeater was added in 2018. She may operate on an Ipad or an I-phone and her software is recent as well as her Platinum Navionics and C-Chart kits. She also has extensive paper charts.
She operates on a Simrad A-27 autopilot system which may be controlled from under her hard dodger. Her VHF units with AIS (nav/cockpit/portable) are ICOM. Charging systems (12V and 24V) are by Amp Tech and Balmar. Refrigeration is Crosby AC shore and Genset powered and Gruenert DC powered off the main engine. She has heavily insulated top and side loading iceboxes.
She carries 200 gallons of fresh water and 120 gallons of diesel in seven aluminum tanks all connected by stainless steel food grade transfer tubes. She has a twin Racor fuel filtering system plus engine filters and manual plus electric lift pumps.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Spirit of Australia
Beam: 14.33 ft
Maximum Draft: 6.5 ft
Displacement: 39,000 lb
Bridge Clearance: 73 ft
Headroom: 6.5 ft
Engine Brand: Mercedes
Engine Model: Wiseman OM352
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 125|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (290 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (120 Gallon)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Forward, aft of the collision bulkhead, is a double V-berth. Just aft is a crew cabin on port with twin pullman berths and storage. Opposite to starboard is a head with enclosed shower. Just aft is an enclosed work room.
The passage aft leads to the main saloon featuring a dining table with wine storage under and opposite wine cellar; chart table/nav station; and galley with granite countertop and faux stainless back splash.
Continuing aft there is a walk in-engine room. Opposite is a fold out chart bin in a locker.
The owner's aft cabin features a king sized centerline berth, vanity, and cedar lined hanging locker. The ensuite head has an enclosed shower.
Vacu flush heads forward and aft with separate holding tanks.
Cabinets are satin varnished, light ash with mahogany accents; leather upholstery.
- Entertainment system includes Onkyo surround sound with Samsung Blue Ray feeding 4 NHT speakers mounted in cabinets.
- 35" Samsung flat screen TV 2012
- Onkyo surround sound with LG player
- Polk Audio sub-woofer
- Three red LED's and floor lighting light the cabin at night.
- There are six large storage lockers behind the settees. One contains a Magnum digital inverter/charger cooled by twin Hella Turbo fans
- 6' 6" ceiling height
- Cooled by hi power fan
Ample light is provided by port lights and three deck hatches. The aft stateroom has white/red lighting throughout, separate reading lights, and Hella fan. There are three drawers under the king size sleeping area and four lockers plus a cedar lined interior lighted hanging locker. The vanity has a swing out seat and storage drawer. The enclosed head contains a new sink and Grohe faucet. The shower is both stand-up and sit down and seals with a clear plexi door.
The forward large V berth has two storage lockers as well as a cedar lined interior lighted hanging locker, reading lights, plenty of ventilation, hella fan and storage.
The child and/or crew cabin has 6.5’ over/under bunks with lee cloths, four opening lockers, a cedar lined interior lighted hanging locker, hella fan, separate reading lights and storage under the bottom bunk. Both cabins are served by enclosed forward head with plexi glassed shower stall, new sink and Grohe faucet.
- Abundant storage with six lockers over and four drawers under the counter
- Pull out garbage unit adjacent to the sink and aft of the wine locker
- Crosby/Grunert 110V refrigeration with an engine driven compressor
- Two 12 cubic foot refrigeration compartments with 4.5" insulation
- Granite counter tops
- Mariner propane stove/oven, 4 burner, serviced by one propane tank in a double locker with overboard vents. Sentry sniffer/alarm system, currently disconnected.
- Stainless steel single sink with pull down faucet
- Water manifold under sink leading to three separate water tanks as well as foot operated fresh and sea water pumps
Nav Station and Electronics
- Raymarine Hybrid touch screen E8 GPS and HD radar unit which connect via Bluetooth to I-pads and I-phones
- Platinium + Caribbean and Bermuda chip available
- A special I-pad mount is attached forward of the steering station under the factory installed hard dodger
- Standard Horizon Matrix AIS/GPS and remote
- VHF Marine transceiver
- ICOM IC-706
- MKIIG SSB.
- Brooks & Gatehouse depth and wind instruments/ needs masthead unit
- Simrad AP-26 auto pilot with spare head unit
- Hand held VHF
- Garmin Glo Blue Ray GPS (Feeds either Garmin or Navionics Cell/I Pad apps.)
- Ubiquiti masthead wifi system partially installed
- Four, 92amp hour each, AGM house batteries 2020
- Magnum 12 Volt/ Inverter-Charger w/ remote control panel
- Re-built 125 Amp engine driven charger with spare (24V)
- 24V system
- Phase Three 24 Volt Charger
- Balmar 12V regulator, Max Charge MC-624 2017.
- 12V Genset starting battery
- 24V Balmar regulator
- 110V system w/8 outlets
- Onan 6.5kw Marine Genset with 1480 hours
- All thru-hulls and underwater fittings are bonded and grounded against lightning strikes.
- Solar panels (2X) and regulator 2015
- LED running lights
- Mast strobe light
Engine and Mechanical
- Mercedes OM352 six cylinder Wiseman Marine non-turbo 125 hp diesel engine with current oil analysis
- Webasto diesel fired heater with hot water system feeding separate cabin radiators- not connected
- Cruisair AC with SMX 11 Control Systems aft
- Max Prop, factory serviced in 2016
- Spare refrigeration water pump
- Spare Mercedes water pump
- Spare Mercedes 24V starter
- Extensive spare parts inventory
Hull and Deck
Her hard dodger is unique. Being the first built of the 535 series of which there were seven total; she is the only one with the removable hard dodger. Her solar panels are upgraded and her mainsail rolls into her mast courtesy of an in-mast Reckmann hydraulic furler powered by a Forespar Commander power unit in the bow.
- 24V Lofrans horizontal anchor windlass (feeding two separate chain lockers below)
- Dual heavy duty, dual anchor rollers
- 60Kg Delta bow anchor with approximately 100' of chain
- Bruce 30Kg bow anchor
- Ultra chain and anchor connector flips anchor onto bow roller
- Aluminum toe rail
- Running backstays
- Staysail wire w/hydraulic furling system and hank-on sail (s)
- Stainless steel dinghy davits with Simpson winders
- Stainless life lines
- Deck hardware including genoa tracks, pad eyes, traveler, double foot blocks and turning blocks
- Standard size and oversize racing helm wheel
- Decks painted with non-skid finish.
- Dorado scoops for extra air down below.
- Windlass canvas covers
- Hand grab rails on dodger sides, top, and cabin entry
- Raised floor draining cockpit floor
- Removable small and racing helm wheels
- Heavy duty stainless bow nav light enclosures on stainless bow rail.
- Deck hatch covers
- Winch covers green canvas
- Port light covers grey
- Deck house forward, and side privacy canvas window covers.
- Aft cabin privacy canvas window cover
Sails and Rigging
- Mast was completely refurbished and painted by Seatek in 2010
- Reckmann hydraulic furling on both headsails and main.
- Fully battened Hood mainsail with vertical battens installed in 2005
- North genoa and stay sail
- Spinnaker, 1.5oz
- Electric primary winches, Barlow 38's
- 8 chrome deck and mast winches
- Running backstay heavy weather rigging
- Staysail wire w/ hydraulic furling and hank-on sail (s) - great for "Wing-On-Wing downwind sailing
- Spinnaker sheet turning blocks for cockpit line handling
- Cockpit set up for single-handed sailing. All control sheets lead back to the cockpit.
- Andersen traveler winch
8 dock lines
Kedge anchor in custom locker forward
Sea worthy life jackets
Engine Halon system (needs servicing)
2 main and 1 high capacity bilge pumps
Hand operated bilge pump
Red foot/night lights
Solar powered deck lights
Twin radar reflectors
Hard canister life raft stored on deck 2017 needs recertification
All artwork and ship’s clocks
All personal effects
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.