The Morgan 44 is a two-stateroom center cockpit boat with all roller furling sails for ease of handling, which makes her an excellent live aboard cruising boat. Her current owners have enjoyed sailing the waters of Florida and the Bahamas; now after many years of comfortable cruising they are ready to move on to new adventures. The vessel is equipped for cruising, with air-conditioning and a generator to run it when away from the dock. The cabinetry has been customized with extra shelving for more storage; lots of tools and equipment will go along with the sale making her turnkey for the next sailing season. Her decks are crack free in good condition and her interior shows well. The name says it all “Well Why Not?”
1990 Yanmar 4JHE (Engine 1)
Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Power: 44 hp
Propeller Type: 3-Bladed
Propeller Material: Bronze
LOA: 44 ft.
LWL: 35 ft. 4 in
Beam: 13 ft. 6 in
Max Bridge Clearance: 60 ft.
Max Draft: 5 ft. 6 in
Ballast: 8,200 lb.
Displacement: 23,500 lb.
Fuel: 100 gal
Fresh Water: 215 gal
Holding: 15 gal
Single Berths: 1
Double Berths: 3
Beginning first forward is the anchor rode locker accessed via removable panel.
Next aft is the forward stateroom with a full sized V berth forward that can sleep 2. The cabinetry is rich Teak in good condition as throughout. There is shelving on the stbd. hull side, batten strips on the hull side ceilings, a teak and Holly sole as throughout, drawers, and a hanging locker to port aft. To stbd. aft is a door into the forward head.
Next aft to stbd. is the forward head. The forward head also opens to the salon for use as a day head. The compartment is finished in white Formica with Teak trim and an FRP floor pan. The pan is intended for use with a hand shower but the shower wand is not fitted. There is a manual toilet.
Next aft is the main salon with a bench settee on each side and a custom four-drop leaf table nested around the mast. Outboard of the port settee is a storage shelf and there are multiple cabinets outboard of the stbd. settee. The cabinetry and trim are Teak. The sole is Teak and Holly. There is a fold down flat screen TV forward. The port settee bottom slides out to form an additional double bunk.
To stbd. aft open to the salon is the galley. The galley has Formica counter tops and cabinetry with Teak trim. The sole is Teak and Holly. The galley has a double stainless steel sink, top loading refrigerator and freezer, stainless steel microwave oven built in, a 2 burner Eno two burner propane stove with built in storage under..
On the center line aft is the ladder up to the cockpit with electric panels on the port side of it. Across to port is the navigation station.
Continuing aft on the port side is a companionway aft to the master stateroom with a large storage area outboard and engine room access inboard under the cockpit. The engine room has excellent access with the generator forward and the main engine aft with space between to stand. In addition to the door from the companionway there are additional access panels for the engine room forward under the companionway ladder in the galley, aft on the forward bulkhead of the master stateroom, and in the master head.
Next aft is the master stateroom with a modified queen island berth aft, storage lockers with counters outboard on both sides, and custom shelving in the lockers on the port side. The master stateroom is finished like the forward stateroom with Teak cabinetry, Formica counters, Teak and Holly sole, and batten stripped hull side ceilings.
To starboard forward is the master head finished in white Formica with Teak trim. It has tub/shower with seat forward in the compartment and an manual marine toilet.
There are numerous hatches and opening stainless steel ports all fitted with screens for natural ventilation.
The entire interior is in excellent condition and shows very well.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Well Why Not?
Beam: 13.5 ft
Maximum Draft: 5.5 ft
Displacement: 23,500 lb
Ballast: 8,200 lb
Bridge Clearance: 60 ft
Dry Weight: 23,500 lb
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JHE
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
• Double the fuel capacity of the standard 44 CC, two 50 gallon tanks
• Yanmar 44 HP Diesel engine, w/ 2727 hours, serviced, oil changed, new filters 2022
• Westerbeke 5 KW generator w/ 1699 hours, serviced, oil changed, new filters 2022
Generator has remote panel with hour counter, temp, oil pressure & voltage gauges
• Racor for engine & gen plus in-line algae-X fuel conditioner
• Reverse cycle air-conditioning and heating with Marine Air 16000 BTU -serviced 2022, control panel replaced 2022
• (2) Automatic Bilge pumps, 1 2000 gph installed new in 2022, (2) Manual Bilge Pumps
• Edson steering wheel
• LectraSan electric system @ aft head needs servicing
• Forward is Jabsco manual head and hoses installed in 2020 w/ Y-valve.
• 15 gallon holding tank bladder with y-valve and macerator
• PSS Dripless shaft seal
• Fuel tank gauges at tanks
• 3-Blade bronze prop
• 215 gallons of water in 2 tanks
• Verna lift engine exhaust
• 2 smoke and carbon monoxide detectors new 2022
• (3) 4D AGM deep-cycle batteries (new 2017),
• Xantrex battery monitoring system
• Seaward water heater (2013)
• Red courtesy night lights
• 2 x 250 Watt solar panels (2015)
• 2- 30 amp 50' Marinco dockside cables and various adapters
• Main electric panel with analog ammeters and voltmeters for AC and DC
Pod mounted instruments at helm:
• B&G network VHF
• B&G network quad (depth)
• B&G GPS Plus 12 (intermittent)
• Garmin GHC 10 Autopilot (intermittent)
• Garmin 740s GPS/Plotter
• Garmin 24 HD Radar
• B&G wind (shows wind direction but speed wand not functioning))
• Ritchie 6" compass
Instruments at Nav Station:
• ICOM 56 VHF
• B&G Network quad
• B&G GPS Plus 12 (auto pilot is intermittent)
• Seaworthy CD/AM/FM stereo w/ salon speakers
• Marine Air controls (new controller 2022)
• SSB IC M802 (never used by current owner)
• Pactor Modem (never used)
12-volt swivel fans, 3 of which are Cafrano
Built in tool box
Two Isotherm units utilized as one freezer and one refrigerator, 12 volt (2015)
2-burner ENO propane stove top (2015) with cabinet for storage underneath
GE Profile S/S Microwave oven
Three cabinets with sliding doors
Small triangular cabinet
Two open cupboards
Double S/S sink with underneath storage
Seabird water filtration system (not in use)
ShurFlo "silencer" water pump
Dry storage locker
Deck, Sails & Rigging
Sails & Rigging
In 2007 a NEW U.S. ROLLER FURLING MAIN MAST was added with ALL NEW NORSEMAN RIGGING and a NEW MAINSAIL
135% Genoa and furling lines new 2013
Mainsail and Genoa inspected and cleaned, sacrificial replaced 2019 - excellent condition
Harken 40-2spd. ELECTRIC HALYARD WINCH, Lewmar 52 CST primaries, Lewmar 40ST mainsheet, 2 Lewmar 24R @ mast
Rigid boom vang
All sheet winches serviced 2013
Deck & Cockpit
• Ground Tackle: Rocna 44# anchor with 100' chain & 350' of rode 2013, 45# CQR w/ 35' chain 350' rode
• Lewmar windlass V1-6 65001201 Issue 6 installed 2020
• Full top and cockpit enclosure with screens Three front Markolon windows, remaining windows are stratoglass. Long grab rails. Installed 2017
• Helm cover
• Covers for all hatches new 2018
• Cockpit cushions
• Folding Cockpit mahogany table, new 2018
• Two cockpit lockers
• Flag halyard
• Two large deck mounted storage containers
West Marine Hypalon RBI 2013 slow leak in forward tube
Kato Davits 2013
• Garhauer engine hoist
• 15 hp Yamaha 4 cycle outboard motor
• S/S Deck rails
• Life lines replaced 2022
• S/S portlights w/ screens
• Fresh water wash-down aft
• Foredeck light
• Life sling system, new 2020
• 5 adult and 1 child coast guard approved Life jackets
• 2 off shore self-inflating West Marine Life Vests, each with a PLB
• Port & starboard lifeline gates
• Sea Safe 4 man self-righting life raft in cradle bolted to deck, 2013 Needs certification
• Teak toe rails refinished with Semco stain/sealer annually
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Additional Units Included
- 2011 West Marine 310
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.