This is a very well cared for example of the popular flagship of the Island packet line from the late nineties and early two thousands. She features a large comfortable, protected cockpit and a Two cabin, two head layout. This is the second owner and they have mostly kept her and sailed her out of East Hampton NY.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 13.33 ft
Maximum Draft: 4.83 ft
Displacement: 28,400 lb
Ballast: 12,500 lb
Dry Weight: 28,400 lb
Headroom: 6.42 ft
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 62|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (240 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (140 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 (45 Gallon)
Number of single berths: 7
Number of heads: 2
At the forepeak is an Anchor Locker accessed thru the forward cabin head. There is a center divider, slanted shelf and houser pipe to keep the chain and rope rodes organized and untangled.
Just aft is the large Forward Owner's Head with shower. It has a electric marine toilet, shower with seat, large wrap around counter, vanity with polished SS sink, mirror and plenty of storage. There are two opening ports and an opening hatch.
The connected Owner's Cabin follows aft with privacy doors to the head and salon. There is a large Pullman berth to starboard with storage lockers and teak-lined drawers under as well as shelving along the hull side. To port there is additional storage, a large cedar lined hanging locker and teak bureau. There is excellent ventilation with four opening ports, a large opening hatch, and 2 dorados.
Next aft, the large Main Salon has a L-shaped settee to starboard that converts to a double berth. The dining table stores against the bulkhead when not in use. There is a comfortable settee on the port side that can be used as a sea berth. There is storage just about everywhere including under and behind settees with teak cabinets and bookshelves above both settees. Ventilation is excellent with the large overhead hatch, numerous ports, and 2 dorades. For safety, there is an overhead handrail on each side of the salon.
The Nav Station follows aft on the starboard side. It features a large table with chart storage tray, nav light, nav/electronics, cabinets, master 12 Volt and 110 Volt electric panels, storage bins, wet locker and a swivel seat.
The Aft Head is accessible from both the aft cabin and salon. It has a electric marine toilet, shower with curtain, vanity, sink, mirror and storage. There is an opening port and overhead hatch.
The Aft Cabin is on the port side. There is a double berth, seat, cedar-lined hanging locker, bureau, and a shelf. The cabin has three opening ports and an overhead hatch.
- 2 recent Ocean Breeze 9K Air Conditioning unoits
- LED light throughout
- Galley sink upgrade with all new faucets at all locations
- Factory fitting carpetong to protect cabin soles
- 2 Jabsco Electric Fresh Water Toilets
The galley is on the starboard side near the companionway steps. This affords easy access to the cockpit and the salon. There is plenty of food storage and dedicated storage for dishes, glasses, pots and pans.
- Princess three-burner gimbaled propane stove with oven
- There are two propane cylinders, stored in a dedicated deck locker.
- Technicold 12V and 110V and engine drive refrigerator and freezer with holding plates
- Electric pump to drain refrigerator
- microwave (110V)
- Double stainless steel sinks with a separate freshwater hand pump
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Filtered freshwater at the galley sink
- hot water heater
Navigation and Electronics
- Recent Raymarine Axiom 9" GPS Chartplotter/radar at helm
- Recent Raymarine Axiom 7" GPS Chartplotter/radar at nav station
- Recent Quantum 24mile radome
- Icom IC-M422 VHF radio at helm
- Icom RAM mic VHF at helm
- Raymarine Speed and Depth at helm
- Raymarine wind instrument
- Ritchie compass
- XM ready Alpine stereo with XM antenna
- Interior and cockpit speakers with switch
- recent depth transducer
- Flat screen TV in main salon
Sails and Rigging
The Island Packet 45 has a versatile and easy to handle sail plan featuring a cutter rig with furling headsails.
- Mack mainsail with Mackpac
- heavy-duty furling staysail
- heavy-duty furling jib
- Keel stepped double spreader Sparcraft Ocean Series anodized aluminum spars
- Mid-boom sheeting
- Mainsheet traveler w 4:1 control system
- Bridge Clearance: Approximately 62' including tip of aerial.
- Sail Area: Approximately 1,100 square feet
- Recent foredeck lights, steaming light.
- recent mast wiring
- Recent wind transducer
Lewmar Ocean Series 8C - Jib halyard winch on mast - Lewmar Ocean Series 24C, 2-speed - Main halyard (on roller bearing masthead sheave) and mainsheet, led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44 CST winch Jib sheet winches (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 54 CST, 2-speed - Secondary winches (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 16 CST, convenient coaming storage bins for lines
Hull and Deck
- Cockpit bimini and a dodger
- Teak cockpit table
- Magma Gas grill
- Cockpit cushions
- Electric anchor windless
- 45 lb CQR anchor and Lewmar Claw
- Anchor wash down at bow
- Cockpit shower
- Rack and pinion Steering
- Full keel with keel hung rudder
- Welded stainless steel double bow rail and stern rail, stanchions, stern rail with stainless steel flag staff holder and stainless steel staff, welded stainless steel mast rails, extra height stanchions, bow and stern rails - Double lifelines with side gates, full-length teak cabin top hand rails - Stern gate with quick release hook.
- Swim ladder (stainless steel transom mount) with teak steps
- S/S dinghy davits
- Fishing rod holder
- Edson Outboard mount
- Hatches reconditioned by "Hatchmasters"
- recent covered lifelines w/shortie turnbuckles
- All woodwork on deck taken down to bare teak with 7 coats of varnish
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
- Engine: Yanmar 4JH2-TE 62 HP - four-cylinder turbo (2135 approximately hours).
- recent cutlass bearing and engine mounts
- electric oil change pump
- recent fresh water pump with accumulator tank
- Balmar alternator
- Racor filter
- Fuel/water Tank-Level indicator
- 12 volt and 110 volts systems
- Battery charger / Inverter
- duel 30 amp shore power cords
Manufacturer Provided Description
As the largest of the Island Packet range, the 45 offers exceptional safety and seakeeping, unmatched comfort and livability, superb craftsmanship and materials, and sparkling performance. The exclusive Full Foil Keel unifies the performance of modern hull and foil designs with the superior seakeeping, comfort and safety of a traditional long keel. This design adds numerous benefits for the cruising sailor: superior protection from damage or fouling for both rudder and prop, immensely strong integral hull and keel construction, and moderate draft with exceptional stability. On deck, the well-planned layout provides the safety and security needed in offshore conditions. It features long, contoured seats, a fresh water shower, an insulated beverage locker for quick access to snacks and drinks, locking seat hatches with access to a deep storage locker to starboard and a storage tray to port, recessed winch handle pockets and two covered line bins for storage of sail control lines. Full-length handrails, double lifelines and recessed fore and side decks with raised bulwarks provide secure footing when underway. A premium, console-mounted rack and pinion steering system is employed for its smooth, sensitive and responsive control and rugged reliability. The cutter rig used has furling systems on both the genoa and self-tending staysail. Three manageable sails allow a small crew to set a variety of well-balanced combinations for comfort, safety and performance over a wide range of wind and sea conditions. The generous sail plan, coupled with the easily driven, long waterline hull form, assures excellent light-air performance. All necessary control lines are lead aft to allow routine sail-handling from the comfort and security of the cockpit. The 45's innovative, practical and well-appointed accommodations are focused on both the requirements of extended cruising and a comfortable lifestyle when living aboard. The navigation station features an upholstered armchair that swivels and adjusts on a recessed cabin sole track, a wide navigation table with hinged top and a stowage tray below, and electronic panels and with extra space for the mounting of owner selected equipment. A molded, slip-resistant sole is provided in the high traffic areas for improved footing and easy maintenance, while the salon and staterooms have varnished teak and holly soles. Optional lift out carpet sets, foam-backed and with bound edges, are available for all teak and holly areas for added luxury and warmth. The entire interior conveys a sense of comfort and style in a harmonious blend of designer fabrics, textures and surfaces. Carefully selected teak, chosen for both grain pattern and color, is meticulously hand-crafted and varnished for a furniture quality fit and finish. The engine is easily accessible. Extensive sound reduction measures include lead-lined foam insulation and gasketed doors. Island Packet's exclusive PolyClad hull gel system features a 10-year limited warranty against osmotic blisters, while the deck uses gels specially formulated for long term resistance to crazing and cracking. Gel coats are applied with high volume-low pressure (HVLP) application equipment using statistical process controls to provide an exceptional finish as well as minimize manufacturing emissions. The hull of the 45 is built of solid triaxial laminate, providing the highest level of impact and puncture resistance and over twice the tensile strength of conventional woven roving laminates. The deck is cored with PolyCore, an extremely tough inorganic matrix of glass microspheres and resin that is impervious to rot and delamination. All Island Packet 45 structural laminates and internal reinforcements are designed to meet or exceed ABS standards.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.