Sorcerer II is a 95 foot performance cruiser designed by German Frers constructed of composite GRP/EGlass/Kevlar by TP Cookson in New Zealand. She is equipped with a Southern Spars carbon rig, in-boom furling, three headsails and hydraulic sail controls. She previously participated in a scientific research program, the Global Ocean Sampling Expedition, studying the genetic diversity of the marine microbial world in all of the worlds major oceans, visiting 23 countries and island groups on four continents. The YouTube video ‘Cracking The Ocean Code" showcases her capabilities, including the support of dive operations and highlights her suitability for long distance voyages.
Over the past 18 years she has been maintained to the highest standards with timely refits, rigging replacements, mechanical overhauls and paintwork. In early 2019, she was offered to, and immediately purchased by two associates who had sailed on her extensively throughout the years. Her scientific gear was removed and she was re-born as a luxury ocean going cruiser. After a wonderful summer of cruising in the Northeast, it became clear that the new owners plans for extended cruising in the Caribbean and Mediterranean were premature, given their ongoing work and family obligations–including the schedules of school age children–and they have asked that she be listed for sale.
She was outfitted with a new North Sails inventory and rod rigging in 2018 and her interior soft furnishings were renewed in 2019, giving her a fresh look complementing the carpeting and cushions replaced in 2014.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Engine Model: 6CTA
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Power: 300|horsepower
Fuel Tanks: 4 ( 2325 Gallon )
Holding Tanks: 1 ( 250 Gallon )
Number of cabins: 5
Number of heads: 3
Sorcerer II is of the finest pedigree. From a design, engineering and construction standpoint she has performed over and above her original design brief. Well planned refits have ensured safe and trouble free voyages since her launching.
Five steps down from the center cockpit is the carpeted main saloon with extremely comfortable appointments.
The area offers extraordinary views with wraparound windows and is a perfect setting for entertaining and dining. While cruising, the chairs and sofa are an ideal 'spot' to sit down with a book or enjoy a view to the horizon.
The forward end of the sofa at the foot of the steps is used as a seat for the pull-out computer desk. This has navigational and shipboard monitoring electronics on the fascia and three generous drawers facing athwart ship. Immediately forward is a plush helm chair with machinery controls to starboard and a full display of electronics; repeaters from cockpit instruments, radar and computer screen. The chair is set for a clear view of the foredeck and horizon to port and starboard (depending on the angle of heel).
On the port side is a wet bar with a glass front cabinet for crystal and stemware, a drinks refrigerator and an ice maker. A full length curved sofa outboard provides seating for four at the dining table facing three comfortable dining chairs on center-line.
A library office is located three additional steps down from the main saloon. The port side features the U shaped sofa facing a flat screen monitor below which are a small desk and bureau of drawers. Outboard is shelving for books with a locker for entertainment controls, film and video storage. The starboard side features an office desk with seating facing aft, ample drawer storage and enclosed shelving outboard.
Sea going chefs and cooks enjoy working in this well designed layout located to port between the lower saloon and crew quarters. There are three refrigerator/freezers including one full size; (new 2018). The stainless steel stove, is gimbaled and on center line with a ceramic top and oven outboard. There is under counter freezer capacity, a deep double sink installation and an abundance of pantry space. A crew dinette is on the starboard side.
- Miele clothes washer and dryer
- Subzero under counter freezer
- Vitifrigo 24 volt storage freezer
- Side by side refrigerator/freezer – new 2018
- Whiteway refrigerator (upper salon)
- Bosch gimbaled stainless stove with ceramic top and over
- Sharp microwave oven
- Kenmore trash compactor
- Hoshizaki icemaker (upper salon)
Forward of the galley, two en-suite cabins provide four under/over berths outboard and hanging lockers set on the center-line.
Moving aft of the main saloon and two steps down are the guest cabins. Two mirror image en-suite staterooms provide twin berths with full drawer stowage underneath. The berths are divided by a bureau of drawers. Moving the bureau allows the berths to be moved together creating a full queen size bed.
"Pullman" berths are stowed discreetly above, blending in to the soft furnishing of the bulkheads.
Full length hanging lockers are located in each cabin as are a glass door enclosed stall shower.
The full width stateroom has a king size berth with ample access space on three sides. The spacious room also include a seating area with a desk and drawers adjacent to the companionway steps leading to the aft diving cockpit. The stateroom has its own head, sink with storage above and below with a standing stall shower to starboard.
Lockers and shelving are located at the extreme outboard with full length hanging lockers located against the forward bulkhead.
Lee cloths are installed along with a mid-mattress dividing board which allows for two separate sleeping areas during offshore passage-making.
- 380 volt AC system 50 Hz 3-phase with single phase adaptation for Air Conditioning, pumps, etc
- Rapid shore power multi-voltage transformer.
- 12/24 volt DC system
- Mastervolt DC-AC inverters 120 & 220 volt
- Northern Lights M439D.51 naturally aspirated 4-cylinder 33 kW 1500 rpm; 12,244 hours (11/19)
- Northern Lights 16 kW 1800 rpm; 12,713 hours (11/19)
- AGM battery bank replaced in 2017
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- Standard Horizons VHF radio at helm
- Standard Horizons Eclipse VHF radio on deck
- Seahail 8000 loud hailer intercom
- Kobelt hydraulic/Accu-Steer autopilot (pump unit)
- Furuno 48-mile open array radar scanner
- Furuno 24 mile closed array secondary scanner
- Furuno TZ14 touch screen in cockpit displays radar and or chart pilot
- Furuno network back box displays radar or chart pilot at helm and cockpit
- Furuno FFVC-582 video sounder
- Nobeltech Admiral Nav Program with radar overlay
- Brookes & Gatehouse sailing instrumentation (out for repair 11/19)
Syrens WiFi Extender.
A/V System has multiple inputs with a multiple output display matrix system. This allows DVD, Sat TV, Nav computer, Office computer or Radar to be displayed on any of the 5 flat screens throughout the boat. Audio is selected via the Bose Lifestyle RF remotes to suit. Music is sorted on the file server and selected via the office computer, directly from an IPOD or the 6 disc CD changer. There are 3 fixed computers plus the owner’s wireless L.A.N. on the boat. Sirius XM radio and weather.
Owner’s Cabin – Samsung 32” HD/LCD flat screen TV
Lower Saloon – Samsung 55" HD/LCD flat screen TV; office computer, Nav computer, file server, DVD writer, Epson Stylus C84 printer
Upper Saloon – HP 24” LCD flat screen
Office – 22” flat screen LCD.
Nav Station – 17” Dell flat screen LCD
Cockpit Steering Station – 20” Sunbrite display
Crew Mess – Samsung 22" flat screen TV
Cabins & Crew Mess – Pioneer stereos
Bose Lifestyle 20 music system
Bose cockpit speakers
KVH Satellite TV TracVision G6 w/decoders in salon and owner’s cabin
Composite construction over a combination of balsa and PVC foam on a male mold with laminates of unidirectional E glass and Kevlar bonded via vacuum bonded with catalytic curing epoxy resin cured at 45-50 degrees centigrade. Her construction is light for performance, but very strong with her Kevlar and E glass laminates, epoxy bonding and carefully chosen core materials.
SORCERER II’ acoustical engineering ensures a quiet ride and no background noise from her machinery.
With an easy 10-11 knots on passages, 240-260 mile days are ensured.
Her cockpit provides easy access to and from tenders or for diving and water sports.
Her ABS 5 year hull survey and certificate were renewed in 2019
- Teak deck re-seamed in 2015
- 2 Plow type 265 lb stainless steel anchors
- 1 x Fortress anchor
- 2 Simpson-Lawrence anchor winches
- 300' of 5/8 chain stowed in port locker, 150' in starboard locker
- Sea anchor and bridle plus rode
- 2 Jon Buoys
- Tank tender tank level indicator
- Twin in-line drogues, plus bridle and rode
- Freshwater deck wash-down
- New Dodger w/windshield in main cockpit
Tenders and Toys
- Novurania 430 DL hard bottom inflatable with Yamaha 60 hp 4-stroke outboard (2004)
- Bauer dive tank compressor with capability of filling 8 tanks per hour
Sails and Rigging
Sails and Rigging
Updated Running rigging; spares include new halyard, genoa, reacher and gennaker sheets
- Mainsail; 3DI by North Sails (2018)
- North Sails 3DI furling genoa (2018)
- North Sails 3DI furling Yankee (2018)
- North Sails 3DI furling staysail (2018)
- Storm Staysail – Spectra
- Gennaker by Evolution Sails, Nylon 1.5 and .75 oz
- Spinnaker gear and two spinnakers
- Spare cruising sails
- At the helm push buttons control the hydraulically operated mainsheet, traveler, outhaul and boom-vang.
- Nilsson main halyard, main sheet captive winch
- Harken hydraulic and manual self-tailing winch
- 3 Harken hydraulic furlers
- Navtec backstay adjuster
- Southern Spars carbon fiber mast with in-boom furling for fully battened main
- Lewmar Commander Hydraulic System
Safety & Fire Protection
- Given 12-man life raft; serviced October 2019
- Kiddie ECS FM200 fire control system; serviced June 2019
- 3 Fire main discharges
- Fire axe
- 2 EPIRBS; updated 2018
- AQR AISB transponder (out for service 11/19)
- 7 dry powder fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Entry-Intruder Alarm by Solution w/motion sensors and keypad arm/disarm
- Security Monitoring System w/2 Pelco cameras and Open Eye HD digital recorder, one is fixed at the stern in the arch and one at the second spreader w/pan tilt zoon from computer mouse control
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- 1 x 300 hp Cummins 6CTA 8.3-M1 6-cylinder diesel with Racor filters
- Factory rebuilt; 3,018 hours (11/19
- Manual cable/quadrant steering
- MAX prop with adjustable Pitch
- Ritchfield 30 hp SVT bow thruster serviced and seal replaced 2018.
- Ritchfield 30 hp stern thruster serviced and seal replaced 2018
- Cutlass bearings new in 2017
- HEM 1200 gpd watermaker
- 150 gallon grey water tank forward
- 150 gallon grey water tank aft
- 102 gallon black water tank forward
- 125 gallon black water tank aft
- Rheem 3 KW hot water heaters in two 24-gallon tanks
- 5 Sealand vacuflush toilets
- Air powered angle grinder (capable of cutting rod rigging on board)
From November 2017 through June 2018 SORCERER II underwent a refurbishing period in the yard in West Palm Beach, FL. The mast was pulled while rigging was replaced and serviced, new wiring for electronics and lighting installed. The mast and boom were painted.
SORCERER II has benefited from continued refits befitting her many miles at sea. For the past several years she has sailed from Florida to Nantucket and return while lightly used in those ports of call.
The sail number “USA80”. All personal effects and the captains tools.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.