Original owner boat that has been lift stored under a boathouse, this 40′ Whisperjet was custom ordered with an upper helm station (buggy top is stored off of the boat, not in photos) and has been used for light fishing and cruising based in Boca Grande, FL. Her twin Yanmar 420hp diesels have Hamilton water-jet drives which enable exceptionally shallow water operation. The main engines have had annual engine service since 2018 and there is a new Northern Lights generator in sound shield which was installed in August of 2019 and has only 15 hours use. April of 2019 a brand new Glendinning joystick control system was installed at both helms. In July of 2018 there were new electronics installed at the lower helm, which includes a Garmin XSV touchscreen display, Raymarine autopilot, Garmin Vhf, and Fusion stereo system. Beautiful solid cherrywood interior is in excellent condition with private stateroom forward with large V-Berth and filler cushion, plus a convertible Dinette that makes a very comfortable berth. This is a quite sporty boat which has notable cruising speed when sea conditions allow. Cushions and enclosure are also in nice condition. Boat can be seen by appointment in Boca Grande, FL.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 12.5 ft
Maximum Draft: 2.25 ft
Dry Weight: 19,200 lb
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LY2-STE
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 420|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LY2-STE
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 420|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (110 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (400 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 (25 Gallon)
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
There are accommodations for 4 in the cabin with 1 private stateroom forward with a V-berth that has a filler cushion to become a full-size berth. A large dinette in the main cabin is convertible to a spacious double berth when needed. A single head is aft.
Cabin entry from the helm deck is centerline through a varnished teak, split cabin door with window panel and sliding tinted top closing panel which slides away under the forward helm area. The interior is a "Herreshoff Style" with satin finished cherrywood trimming throughout on white flat panels and the entire forward bulkhead is cherrywood with a mounted brass clock and barometer above the galley counter to port. Headliners and wall coverings are tight and neat. Teak and Holly sole throughout the cabin. A solid cherrywood bi-fold door with lower vent louvers can close off the stateroom for privacy. The dinette to starboard has bold blue and white stripe Sunbrella fabric cushions and the outboard side has decorative cherrywood hull sheathing. A satin finished cherrywood table is on a telescoping mount that can be lowered to level with the seating cushion and accept the filler cushion (stored in the closet) and make into another berth. Natural light enters the main cabin via 2 opening portlight to starboard above the dinette, 1 opening portlight above the galley, and two overhead hatches (which are fitted to accept screen panels). 12v dome lighting is also in the headliner. Aft of the dinette is a reasonable sized cedar lined closet/storage area.
Galley is to the portside with an almond-colored solid surface countertop with cherry wood fiddle spill edge. There is a black 2-burner electric glass top Kenyon stove top and a top-mount stainless steel basin sink with spray wand faucet. Above is a wood trimmed compartment with a white Magic Chef microwave oven. Below the countertop is a wood front 12vDC or 110vAC refrigerator. Above the counter is the wall mounted MarineAir digital Air-conditioning control/thermostat. There is also a 12v lighter plug outlet and a 110V outlet mounted nearby. Cabinet shelving with tambour sliding door covers, various drawer and undersink cabinet storage. There is also much more storage beneath the dinette bench seats and a drawer beneath the dinette platform base.
The head is aft to the portside of the cabin. It features a Sandstone colored Corian vanity top with an undermounted oval porcelain sink. Faucet is a spray hose handle with retractable flex hose that doubles as a shower wand. The sole of the head is a laminated shower pan with removable panel and drainage beneath. The head has an opening portlight, various cabinet storage areas and a tambour sliding door opening just above the sink. The ceiling has a track for a shower curtain and a cabinet mounted toilet paper holder with cover.
The private stateroom forward is nicely finished in the same nautical, wood trim motif. The thick berth cushions are patterned navy blue fabric covered with drawer storage drawers beneath the inside of the V-berth. The hull sides have the cherry wood sheathing panels and above in the cove area are shelf storage with removable securing batons. To the starboard side just inside the cabin door is a dresser vanity with drawer storage below and a cedar wall cabinet above. Across is a clothes changing seat with the blue stripe fabric like the dinette cushions. There are chrome adjustable reading lights above the berth.
Electronics and Helm
- Electronics were new in July 2018:
- Garmin XSV Multifunction touchscreen
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Garmin Vhf radio, antennas replaced
- Fusion Stereo, M/S UD550
- 7.7 inch JL Audio speakers in aft cockpit, and in cabin below dinette benches
- Glendinning ProPilot Joy Stick, April 2019, Glendinning Compete Controls 2 including dynamic positioning function added March 2021, Glendenning graphic display panels at both helms (3.5 inch color LCD sunlight readable screens)
- ACR remote control spotlight control panel, RCL 100
- Magnetic Ritchie powerdamp compass
- Large stainless steel America's Cup style helm wheel with wood grip
- Trim tab rocker switch panel, Bennett
- Anchor windlass remote control
- Electric fuel gauge
- Jet drive position indicator
- Trim tab position indicators
- 12v lighter plug outlet
Hull, Deck, and Fishing Equipment
- Teak decking on the helm deck area with one teak step up from cockpit deck
- L-shape helm deck settee with storage beneath, white vinyl bolstered cushions
- White Cushioned Captain's Chair on chrome stanchion with footrest
- Large white painted aluminum windshield that is trimmed on the top edge with teak panels, also as center opening vent panel, plus 2 windshield wipers and washers
- Enclosure including back cockpit panels was replaced in July 2018. Opening U-zips on side panels and aft panels
- Helm Deck lifts with an electric lift mechanism (replaced August 2018)
- Fiberglass hinged lid, fishbox/storage compartment on starboard aft helm deck
- Laminated beverage holders on portside forward and starboard side of helm deck
- Mounted throwable life ring
- Aluminum marlin tower with full upper control station, hardtop over the helm deck, buggy top for tower station is currently stored off the boat. Walk-through tower helm access due to hinged belly ring to starboard. Tower station has cushioned bench seat and belly band/backrest. The fiberglass tower control box has a magnetic compass, Glendinning clutch/throttle control binnacle, Glendinning joystick controller, Yanmar gauge panels, and a wood rimmed stainless helm wheel. There is also a canvas cover for the helm box.
- 4 rod holders on aft tower truss, plus 1 more on each upper inside tower leg
- Underside of helm deck hardtop has safety rail, rod holder hanging storage, and recessed spot lighting
- Cockpit spreader lights on aft tower
- Non-skid cockpit deck with large opening hatch to bilge area, below are the Hamilton waterjet drive units
- Cockpit has teak boarding steps on either side of the forward corners of cockpit
- Full cockpit coaming pads and Lee 5 flush mounted rod holders in non-skid coverboards
- Two semi-circular live bait wells with hinge lids on aft edge of the bridge deck, baitwell pump replaced July 2018, saltwater washdown coil hose on spigot under gunwale
- Dock line chrome hawse pipes on cockpit corner tops with cleats below on gunwales
- FBG swim platform with non-skid finish and retractable swim ladder beneath
- Fresh water shower station (hot/cold retractable spray nozzle) under cockpit gunwale
- Welded stainless steel bow rail
- FBG pulpit with anchor roller and chain lock
- Lewmar electric windlass
- Just aft of the pulpit is a tinted deck hatch which opens to the chain locker
- Forward deckhouse trunk cabin has two safety railing on top of each side
- Three opening deck hatches on the forward deckhouse all with solar vent fans
- Flag Blue hull with white boot stripe and green bottom
- Northern Lights 5kW generator in sound shield, new in August 2019 (approx. 15 hours),
- 12volt DC electrical system / 110volt AC electrical system
- Bass main electrical breaker panels, inside cabin entryway
- DC panel has digital metering for battery voltage, DC load current - breakers for lighting, pumps, head, electronics, trim tabs, horn, hatch lift, and wipers
- AC panel has shorepower/generator switching, water heater, battery charger, air-conditioning, stove, refrigerator, microwave, and AC outlets. Lewmar windlass has a separate breaker panel.
- 30amp shore power inlet and cord
- Batteries in fiberglass storage box with radial shut off switches. 4 new Group 31 batteries installed, March 2021.
- Battery Charger, also DC charging via main engine alternators
- Navigation lights and anchor/steaming lights
Mechanical Systems and Service
- Twin Yanmar 6LY2-STE 420 hp diesels under the helm deck with ZF transmissions and shafts and universal joints connected to Hamilton 321 waterjet drives. Yanmar analog gauge panels replaced at both helms in April 2021, Yanmar key switch panels were replaced June 2020.
- Glendinning ProPilot Joystick control system added, April 2019. Glendinning Complete Control 2 including dynamic positioning system added, March 2021.
- Racor primary fuel filters
- Teleflex/SeaStar hydraulic steering, 2 helms
- Inboard raw water sea strainers
- Engine room thermal and acoustical insulation
- MarineAir reverse-cycle air-conditioning system, 16,000btu
- Raritan electric or manual head with Lectra/San treatment system
- Pentair Sureflow fresh pressure water system
- Hot water heater
- Maintenance History since 2018:
- July 2018 - Hamilton Jet Service, ZF transmission service, rebuilt engine coolers and exhaust system
- October 2018 - Hamilton Jet zincs replaced
- January 2019 - Yanmar engine service including cleaning and adjusting injectors and valves, Hamilton Jet Service
- January 2020 - Yanmar engine service, Hamilton Jet service, hydraulic service, windlass service
- February 2021 - Yanmar engine service, Hamilton Jet service, Northern Lights generator service
- May 2021 - Yanmar oil and coolant sensors and sender units replaced
- July 2021 - Heat exchangers cleaned and sea water flow sensors replaced
- January 2022 - Clean and grease Hamilton Jet assemblies and steering linkages
- February 2022 - Heat exchangers descaled and flushed
This custom ordered Little Harbor 40 Whisperjet has been used primarily for light coastal fishing on the SouthWest Florida coast where her shallow draft operation features have been a benefit to her original owner. Kept in a covered slip on a boat lift there has been professional maintenance and partially due to her typical usage the interior shows minimal usage and is in excellent condition. The boat is available to be seen by appointment in Boca Grande, FL.
Custom Disclaimer and Exclusions
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Excluded from the sale are any fishing gear and tackle, Weather gear, Binoculars, handheld electronics, charts, tools, and personal belongings. A specific exclusion list can be provided upon request when accompanied by an acceptable written offer to purchase.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.