RANGELEY is as superbly maintained aluminum custom trawler designed by C.W. Payne Yacht Design, which was designed, constructed, and engineered as a world cruiser. The classic design offers a beautiful high-quality yacht with excellent seakeeping, while providing a well-designed and executed engine room with mostly redundant systems.
Offering a four-stateroom layout, with spacious master, VIP and upper lower guest stateroom and a separate upper and lower stateroom for crew or extra guests.
A head turner in any harbor, so if considering a true Bluewater yacht, RANGELEY is a must see and offered in ready to go condition
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 19.75 ft
Maximum Draft: 6.5 ft
Engine Brand: lugger
Engine Model: L 6140
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 600|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (500 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (2510 Gallon)
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
Upon entering RANGELEY from the spacious aft deck, which features L-shaped seating areas to both port and starboard with the starboard having a drop leaf varnished teak table and spacious seating.
SALON: To starboard is a large L-shaped dining area with a varnished table and seating for six. Opposite is another L-settee with bookshelves and entertainment center. The large window makes the entire area bright and airy with cherry bookshelves and cabinets.
Forward you will find a curved staircase leading to one of the two entrances to the Master Stateroom, separate stateroom for crew or additional guests and a day head, with door to the engine room.
Continuing forward on the Main deck, from the Salon up two steps, to starboard is a staircase to the flybridge, and opposite is a large Galley with an access door to the port deck.
GALLEY: Cherry Cabinets with superb storage, offers a spacious, well thought arrangement for the Chef to work his or her art, yet fully part of the activity. A U-shaped dining area is just forward on port with the helm area opposite on centerline.
4 Burner propane fired Miele stove
Bosch HR7778 electric oven
New Frigidaire 3 door SS refrigerator/freezer
New LG microwave
Broan trash compactor
Corian counter tops, double sinks
Custom storage for China, glassware, and cookware
MASTER STATEROOM: On the accommodation deck, in the center of the yacht is the Master Stateroom. This area is served by either a curved staircase off the Salon or a forward curved staircase adjacent to the lower helm station, which also serves the guest staterooms.
Featuring an island queen bed with cherry side tables, cabinetry and bookcases, hanging lockers and spacious ensuite master head, and stall shower.
VIP STATEROOM: Located forward with an island queen bed, extensive drawers, hanging space and bookshelves all in finished Cherry cabinets along with a TV cabinet.
Large ensuite VIP head with stall shower.
GUEST STATEROOM: Just aft of the VIP is a spacious upper/lower stateroom with cherry cabinets
CREW STATEROOM: Located just off the Salon opposite the engine room access consists of a single berth with a Pullman berth. Finished in the same level of cherry cabinets as the entire yacht.
LOWER HELM: Offers Freeman watertight doors both port and starboard. A centerline Stidd helm seat presents a commanding view of the complete electronics suite, as well as excellent visibility. Both side decks are easily accessible from the freemen doors.
- Garmin GPSMAP 7215 touch screen plotter
- Garmin Side Scan Fish finder
- Furuno Navnet radar / plotter
- Furuno FA150 AIS
- 3X Furuno multi displays including anometer
- Robertson AP 20 autopilot including 2nd steering ram and backup pump
- Garmin sonar
- Icom IC M504 VHF
- Icom IC M802 SSB
- ACR RCL 100 spotlight
- ACR Global Fix V4 Epirb
- Naiad stabilizer control
- Satellite telephone and cell system for USA, European and New Zealand use
- Exalto windshield wiper and washer controls
- Bilge pump and high-water alarm panel
- Thruster controls (Bow 38 hp, Stern 25 hp)
- Main engine throttle and gear controls
- Wing engine control
- Kahlenberg M511C horns with automated navigation whistles
- Engine room and aft deck monitoring through navigation screens
- Overhead hatches with screens
- Portuguese bridge
- LED lights for flybridge, deck and running
- Built-in storage lockers
- Anchor pulpit with double windlass and two anchors
- Anchor wash down
- Muir hydraulic anchor windlass with remote anchor control at both helms
- 180 lb Bruce anchor with 400' of 1/2 inch chain
- 180 lb plow anchor with 330' of 1/2 inch chain
- Fortress FX-85 anchor with bag
- Mooring bridle
- Dual chain high pressure wash-down
- Fire station
- New Vanish covers
AFT DECK AREA:
L-Shaped settee with port side offering a large dining area with drop leaf varnished table and seating for 6. While on port is a smaller lounge settee. Adjacent to the Port settee is the hidden Retractable stern controls under a varnished teak cap.
- Swim platform access
- Etched glass, backlit salon window
- Wet Bar
- Wine Cooler
- Ice maker
- Lazarette access
FLYBRIDGE: A well designed area offering excellent visibility, dual Stidd helm chairs, storage and a comfortable U-shaped spacious settee with cocktail/lunch table.
- Garmin 6208 GPSMAP plotter
- Garmin HD 24" closed array radar
- Furuno Navnet 3D plotter
- Furuno open array 36 mi. radar
- 3X Furuno multi displays including anometer
- Robertson AP22 autopilot
- Garmin Echomap VHD with side scan sonar
- Icom M402 VHF
- ACR RCL 100 spotlight control
- Bow and stern thruster controls
- Main engine throttle and gear controls
- Wing engine control
- KVH Tracvision
- Marquipt 1,000 lb davit with extension
- 2009 Novurania Yacht Line 13' RIB with 2009 Yamaha 50HP four stroke engine
- Viking SOLAS 8-man life raft
- Force 10 SS propane grill
The engine room is well and thoughtfully designed as well as well-lit and offering easy access to all equipment. The wing engine is powerful enough to be used in lieu of the main engine and will provide about 4 knots of boat speed in normal conditions.
- Lugger L 6140 6 cylinder 600 hp main engine rebuilt 10/2018, Currently 1275 hours as of 6/2022
- ZF BW 155A 2.96:1 marine gear
- Lugger LP 445T 4-cylinder 130hp wing engine with ZF 2.90:1 marine gear
- PTO on main engine and wing engine for full redundancy
- Naiad roll stabilization system with oversized fins
- Redundant rams on steering system
- 5 blade, 44" x 30" main prop with 3" Aquamet 22 shaft
- 3 Blade Maxprop feathering prop on wing with 2" Aquamet 22 shaft
- Spurs shaft cutters
- Tides dripless shaft seals
- Crash pumps from engine driven auxiliary pump as well as engine intake pump
- Single Sea chest supplies raw water to ship services
- 36,000 and 48,000 BTU Chilled Water A/C System
- Hurricane diesel heater system, al can heat domestic hot water
- Hydraulic bow and stern thrusters
- Sea Fire FM200
- 120lb suppression system
- Air dampers for engine compartment
- AlgaeX system
- Fuel scrubber with SFC50
- Arid Bilge multi zone dry bilge system
- Miele commercial clothes washer and dryer
Another well designed system, thoughtfully executed and able to allow the yacht to operate silent with all systems operating except for the A/C. Updated in 2020 by the present owner with Solar system and upgraded Victron system.
- 12 and 24 VDC
- 100 and 220 VAC
- 2013 Northern Lights 20 KVA generator with sound shield 4310 hours 6/22
- (2) Victron 5000 Chargers/inverters that are combinable
- (6) Group 270 dual solar panels
- The combination of the Solar and Victron system the yacht to run quiet overnight without air conditioning
- Main engine can charge system without generator
- (12) 2 VDC Rolls batteries for house 1,585 amp hours new in April 2019
- (4) 12 VDC 8D batteries for mechanical banks
- (2) Mastervolt 24 VDC, 100 amp chargers
- (2) Leece-Neville 24VDC, 175 amp engine alternators
- Victron Transformer new 2022
- 12 KVA isolation transformer
- Smart Plug shore power connection added to transom 2020
- Aluminum hull and superstructure
- Extensive foam sound and temperature insulation
- Fully protected propeller by keel and skeg
- (4) Watertight bulkheads including a collision section
- Imron MS600 Paint
Fuel: 2,510 gallon
Fresh water: 500 gallon
Holding: 200 gallon black water
200 gallon gray water
Range: 10 gallons per hour at 9-9.5 knots, approximate range of 2250 NM (with 10% reserve)
UPDATES SINCE 2019
- Rebuilt water maker membranes
- Replaced galley refrigerator
- Serviced davit
- Replaced AC diverter valves: Galley
- Installed Smart Plug shore power at stern
- Replace freshwater pump, also purchased spare
- Installed Battery monitoring
- Resealed gray water tank lid
- Replaced Airid Bilge tank
- Installed 1500 watts solar on 2 circuits
- Replaced fly bridge Bimini lighting
- Serviced gray water pumps
- Installed TV antenna
- Installed new salon TV
- Installed SSB antenna
Brushed blasted bottom, applied conversion coating, barrier, and bottom paint
Installed additional zinc on stern
- Installed new domestic water heate
- Serviced black water pump and sealed tank lid
- Installed media filter on water maker
- Installed 240V transformer
- Installed Victron 5000 watt invertor/charger
- Repaired dingy engine steering pivot
- Replace cushions: Aft cockpit and flybridge
- Replace Airid Bilge pump assembly
- Installed second Victron 5000 watt invertor/charger
- Stabilizers Service electrical. Replace control board and starboard actuator
- Replaced windless controller and plug
- Installed new VHF and antenna at flybridge
- Replaced back-up auto pump
- (2) new VHF antennas and replace flybridge VHF
A Beautiful Classic Long Range Yacht designed by C.W. Payne, built to the highest standards in New Zealand. The entire yacht is well thought out, particularly the engine room and engineering spaces, while the fit and finish of the yacht is to Northern European standards. The present owners are well experienced yachts men and woman who have owned many yachts and understand the expense and maintenance of keeping a yacht of this caliber in her first class condition.
Simply a head turner in any harbor.
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker has been told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot and does not guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.