2003 31′ CAT Diesel Powered Custom Carolina Center Console
Originally designed and built by boat builder Wayne Grice with over 40 years in the industry in Fayetteville NC, this highly customized Center Console powered by a single low hour CAT 3126 at 420 HP comes to the market in truly excellent condition. Grice has built a number of custom cold-molded sportfish boats ranging from Express, Flybridge and CC models from 21′ – 43′.
Extensive upgrades were performed by master boat builder Mark Willis of Willis Marine and associated craftsman in Stuart FL. Owner has spared no expense in making this boat remarkable in every way, it truly must be seen to be appreciated.
Economical 26kt. with a fuel burn of approximately two miles per gallon. Furuno Electronics, Taco Grand Slam outriggers, Custom Sea Dek, Teak Deck and tons of storage make this boat stand apart.
Ameratrail 21000 GVWR Triple-Axle Trailer is road ready
Call today for more information or to schedule a showing
Beam: 10.42 ft
Maximum Draft: 3 ft
Dry Weight: 12,500 lb
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3126
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 420|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (25 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (307 Gallon)
Wayne Grice has been building boats for most of his life in Fayetteville, NC utilizing the same proven, strong but lightweight cold molded construction techniques popular among custom builders, This 31' CC is constructed using Okume and Fir with 3 layers of 1/4" on her bottom and two layers of 3/8"on her sides covered with fiberglass cloth and saturated with West System epoxy. Her hull sides and interior spaces are faired and finished.
This boat shows like NEW
This particular model was originally designed with a forward cuddy. Present owner brought the boat to Stuart, FL and engaged some of the top boat building talent in the area to modify the cabin into a true open bow Center Console. Numerous improvements were made along the way in terms of functionality and storage. The hull was faired and painted with Alexseal at Willis Marine. It didn't stop there.
New Furuno electronics, Fusion stereo, wiring, engine motor mounts, fuel lines, cosmetic enhancements in the form of custom Sea Dek applications, Teak deck, swim platform, LED and underwater lighting were all added. The majority of the refit was completed between 2009 and 2011. A perfect boat to sit on a lift behind the house in S. Florida or the Keys although the road-ready triple-axle Ameratrail trailer can help you take her wherever you want to go. .
This boat cruises effortlessly at 27 kts. achieving almost two miles to the gallon providing in excess of a 500 NM range. She is truly unique and turn key in every way.
This boat has always been kept indoors !
Electronics and Navigation
- (2) Furuno 14" TZ Touchscreen Displays
- Furuno 25KW 96 NM Radar with 4' Open Array
- (2) B-175 Chirp Transducers (High & Low)
- DFF-UHD1 Chirp Sounder Module
- Furuno Nav Pilot 700 Auto Pilot
- Fusion Satellite Ready Stereo
- (4) Jl Audio 7.7" Weatherproof Speakers
- Icom MC502 VHF Radio
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF Radio
- Vetus Bow Thruster
Hull and Deck
- Molded Fiberglass Hardtop with Anodized Aluminum Frame
- (6) Overhead Rod Holders
- Overhead Electronics Cabinet
- Overhead LED Lighting
- Hardtop LED Spreader Lights - (2) Aft & (1) Forward
- Ocean LED Underwater Lights
- Taco Grand Slam Outriggers with 15' Telescoping Poles
- Three -Sided Enclosure with Removable Wing Panels
- Teak Sole
- Teak Toe Rail
- Alexseal Paint - Willis Marine
- Port and Starboard Built-In Forward Seating with Storage Beneath, Sea-Dek Lining and Lighting
- Forward Insulated Drink Box
- Huge Forward Insulated In-Deck Ice/Fish Hold
- Forward Bilge Access to Batteries, Fuel Filter and Fresh Water Tank
- Console is Electric/Hydraulic Actuated to Raise for Easy Engine Access
- Forward Console Access to Engine Heat Exchanger/ Coolant Tank
- Sea Star Hydraulic Steering
- Side Console Tackle Storage
- Side Console Battery Switch Compartment
- Onboard Battery Charger with Remote Outlet for Shore Power
- Molded Fiberglass Leaning Post with Upholstered Bench Style Seating, Fold-Down Footrest, Livewell, Bait Rigging Station, Sink with Fresh Water and Tackle Storage
- Transom Fish Box
- Fresh and Saltwater Washdown
- (8) Gunwale Mounted Rod Holders
- Swim Platform with Sea Dek
- Teak Anchor Pulpit, Stainless Steel Chain Guard, 600' of Rode, 30' Chain and Hi-Tensil Danforth 20lb Anchor
- "Good" Automatic Anchor Windlass
- (6) 12" Mooring Cleats
- High Water Alarm
- (2) Rule 1500 Submersible Bilge Pumps
- 12V Electric Reel Outlets
- Caterpillar 3126 420 HP 2800 RPM Ser. # 6SR00179
- Twin Disc MG 5061A 1.54/1 Marine Gear Ser.# 5HF361
- Morse Single Lever Control
- Flo-Scan Fuel Monitoring
- Vetus Bow Thruster
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- 1 3/4" Shaft
- PSS Dripless Shaft Seal
- (3) 5052 Aluminum 1/4" Wall Fuel Tanks. Main - 157 Gal. (2) Saddle Tanks at 75 Gal. Each
- Raycor 900 FG Fuel/Water Separator
- (2) 4-D Batteries
- Onboard Battery Charger
- (2) Propellers with Algonac Prop Puller - Note: Propeller Removed When On Trailer
- 2015 Ameritrail 21000# GVWR Triple Axle Trailer
- VIN - 4DJAB3236FAO10203
- 4000 lb. Bulldog Electric Jack Stand
- Diamond Plate Aluminum Tool Box
- 14 Ply All-Steel Radial Tires
- Custom Aluminum Wheels
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.