“Ilion” is a beautiful Back Cove 29. Highlights include a new Garmin electronics suite installed in 2019, she just came out of the paint shop in 2021, was treated to new helm deck and cockpit upholstery in 2019, and all new enclosure canvas in 2020. Significant preventative engine maintenance performed well ahead of schedule. To the benefit of her next owner, her present owner has lavished her with upgrades and care.
The Back Cove 29 – the boat which started the Back Cove Yachts line from it’s sister company Sabre Yachts. Equipped with the optional larger 315 HP Yanmar engine, she offers her captain & crew a comfortable and economical cruising speed of 22 knots. Please be sure to click on the Full Specs tab for all of the details on this Back Cove 29!
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 10.5 ft
Dry Weight: 10,000 lb
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LPM-STP
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 315|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (30 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (150 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 (30 Gallon)
Number of heads: 1Accommodations & Layout
Stepping aboard the Back Cove 29 from the side brings you down into the deep cockpit via a step on either port or starboard side deck. Optional three-piece modular aft cockpit seating can be found aboard this vessel, which offers great entertaining space for family and friends. Wide side decks, lots of handrails, and a large anchor well are all attributes which have become synonymous with the Back Cove name. Stepping through the soft enclosure brings you to the helm deck which has a L-shaped settee to port (with storage below) and a dedicated helm chair to starboard. Engine access is under the helm deck sole.
Stepping down through the companionway leads you to the L-shaped galley to port with ample storage throughout. The main electrical panel is found on the port aft bulkhead, and an enclosed head with shower is to starboard. Moving further forward brings you to the V-shaped seating area which converts to a berth for overnight accommodation. There is storage below the berth space as well as in the hanging locker to starboard. This boat has air conditioning/heat in the cabin, so she assures that her crew will remain comfortable.
Recently painted hull, bottom, recent electronics, along with bow and stern thrusters make this example a fantastic package! Having had meticulous care from her owner, she is not to be missed!
From spoon bow to gently sloped transom, the design elements of the Back Cove 29 speak to her Maine lobster boat heritage. Yet below the surface is a modern deep-vee hull just waiting for her owner to push the throttle forward and to jump up onto plane. With ample room in her cockpit and comfortable amenities below, she is a yacht that will give her owners years of pleasure and immense pride of ownership, at a cost which is considerably lower than for custom boats of this type. Launched at the Newport International Boat Show in the fall of 2003, Back Cove 29?s have received critical acclaim from both the yachting press and discriminating owners.
Vessel Options & Equipment
- Yanmar 315 HP Engine with 815 hours at time of listing
- Side Power Bow Thruster
- Side Power Stern Thruster
- Lectrotab Trim tabs
- Flag Blue hull - Awlgripped in April, 2021 - she looks stunning!
- White Boot Stripe - repainted with fresh hull paint
- White Painted Cove Stripe
Pipe-supported fiberglass hard top w/soft panel enclosure on front, sides, and aft, making the helm deck able to be fully enclosed or wide open! Three large "smile" rollups offer great ventilation options as do snap-up panels above windshield.
- Electric anchor windlass
- Oil changing system
- 9K BTU air conditioning in cabin
- 1800 watt Xantrex inverter w/ remote panel
- Helm & Mates seat - white vinyl fabric w/ navy blue piping (reupholstered in July, 2019)
- Aft cockpit seats - 3 piece modular bench seating with coaming bolster backing finished in white vinyl with blue piping (reupholstered in July, 2019)
- Canvas enclosure was new in June, 2020 and is double ply Stamoid fabric and 40 gauge Strataglass
- Bottom was last painted in July, 2020. Bottom is professionally cleaned by a diver regularly
Electronics & Electrical
- 12" Garmin 1242xsv MFD/Chartplotter (2019)
- Garmin GMR18 Fantom radar (2019)
- Depth transducer B744-8G - displayed through the MFD display (2019)
- Garmin REAC40 Autopilot (2019)
- Uniden Depth Sounder (Original)
- Icom M424G VHF (2019) Finds position independent of the main Garmin system
- Kenwood KMA-M315BT AM/FM/CD
- Single 30 Amp shore power service
- Promariner battery charger w/ remote panel
- All three batteries were replaced in June, 2020
- Xantrex 1800 watt inverter w/ remote panel
- Pressurized hot & cold water
- Origo single burner alcohol/electric stove
- AC/DC refrigerator
- Tappan microwave
- Good storage space throughout
- Hot & cold water to the sink which doubles as a handheld shower
- Electric flush head
- Storage behind & below sink
- Yanmar diesel engine - model 6LPM-STP
- 815 hours at time of listing
- (2021) Replaced exhaust mixer elbow with stainless steel unit, replaced air inlet heaters, performed Rydlyme engine flush.
- (2020) Valves adjusted, fuel injectors cleaned and tested, raw water pump replaced, timing belt and timing belt tensioner replaced, alternator belts replaced.
- Added fresh water flush to engine w/ cockpit hose connection, and engine has had a freshwater flush after every use since Rydlyme flush.
- Anchor & rode
- (3) Dock lines
- (4) Fenders with covers
- Boat hook
- Ensign & staff
- Original cap for Groco engine intake strainer
- Owners & Operators manuals
- Throwable life ring
- Flare kit
- 50' Shore power cord
- (3) Fire extinguishers
- Xtreme engine room heater
- (3) Plastic gear baskets on galley shelf
Exclusions from Sale
Please ask for a complete list of exclusions on items which do not convey with purchase & sale of this vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.