SOOLAIMON is an extraordinary luxury cruising yacht with a robust and sea-kindly shoal draft hull and an exquisite custom 3-stateroom varnished teak interior. Configured and equipped for offshore cruising, few boats can measure up to the comfort and luxury of SOOLAIMON. Features include automated sail handling, the Leisure Furl in-boom mainsail furling, self-tacking staysail, oversized systems, expansive side decks with direct walk-thru access to the large center cockpit, and excellent walk-thru access to the immense center cockpit visibility from the helm enable this yacht to be very easily managed by a cruising couple.
With her shoal draft of 5’ 8” and an intercoastal waterway friendly bridge clearance of 64’, SOOLAIMON can be sailed into anchorages and marinas not otherwise available to many yachts over 50’. This is the ideal sailing yacht for a couple or family with a desire for limitless cruising without sacrificing the comforts of home.
SOOLAIMON is among the most unique yachts in her class, as evidenced by her construction and specific attention to detail. She is easily sailed by one or two individuals, built to be a safe and robust passage maker. Most of the systems were installed from 2007 to 2015 and are of the best engineering and highest quality available. SOOLAIMON is genuinely a masterpiece of form, function, and beauty with an impeccable design. Her interior arrangement and deck layout are ideally suited for liveaboard, extended passage making shorthanded, or potentially suited for VIP chartering.
There are few yachts so well designed and built as SOOLAIMON. Hundreds of additional details, large and small, make her very functional with exquisite joinery and system installation. “Elegant” is the word used by guests. Only during an inspection can one truly comprehend and appreciate the total commitment to quality, functionality, and beauty. With SOOLAIMON’s shoal draft and low bridge clearance, she is excellent for the Bahamas and Keys as well as intercoastal travel along the US East Coast.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 16 ft
Maximum Draft: 5.67 ft
Displacement: 65,000 lb
Ballast: 22,000 lb
Bridge Clearance: 64 ft
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LH-DTE
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 167|horsepower
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (530 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (450 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 (45 Gallon)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
SOOLAIMON offers a large aft master stateroom, a forward VIP suite, and a single cabin that can be converted into an office. This arrangement was designed to maximize comfort, privacy, and storage. The yacht's design incorporated many practical and innovative features to enhance her sailing and liveaboard characteristics. The exquisite interior is beautifully finished with matched grain, varnished teak joinery with solid raised panel teak lockers, and louvered cabinets. The cabin sole is hand-selected solid ½" teak over ¾" marine ply throughout and is finished with three coats of West Epoxy and multiple coats of varnish. All cabin sole panels are removable and include lock-down latches for offshore passage making.
Interior Styling & Additional Features:
- Taylor bright dimmable cold cathode lights with Fresnel lenses
- Under-counter lights
- LED courtesy lights
- All hanging lockers feature automatic lighting
- LED rope lighting throughout the interior
Amidships is the exquisite raised main saloon with luxurious appointments and plush custom settees. The starboard settee is L-shaped and wraps around the solid teak salon table. The table can be configured as either a low height cocktail table for entertaining, a large six ft dining table with seating for eight, or converted into a double berth when additional guests are onboard. To port is a full-length settee long enough to lounge on. Both settees are covered in rich UltraLeather leather with plush cushions and tall seatbacks with storage behind and under. Above and outboard of the settees are finely crafted raised panel cabinets with a proper depth for abundant storage.
The companionway staircase was designed with very wide steps and a gentle incline with abundant handholds, enabling easy access to and from the center cockpit. The stairs themselves are hinged in the middle to allow access to the machinery area.
One small detail, but notable for highlighting the attention to detail in the construction of SOOLAIMON, is that at no point at its base does the companionway stairs touch the cabin sole. You can slide a piece of paper entirely around its base! The original owner wanted to be sure that the stairs would not mar the cabin sole. This small detail only highlights the precision and detail in this spectacular yacht.
The aft end of the starboard settee is built-in lockers with a dedicated entertainment center and ice maker. Hidden within the forward edge of the galley countertop is an electric lifting 40” Sony HD 3D television that is hinged on a swivel enabling it to be viewed comfortably from the salon settees.
- Plush settees covered with high-quality plush upholstery – storage behind and under
- Convertible teak saloon table – expands from cocktail size to full-on dining table or convertible to a double berth with an adjustable pedestal.
- Aft of the dining table is a removable pedestal seat for additional guest seating at the salon table or aft-facing for seating at the galley countertop.
- Raised panel teak cabinets with proper depth and built-in shelving
- Gently inclined companionway staircase with excellent handholds – hinged in the middle for access to the machinery and designed to float above the cabin sole as not to mar the surface
- Electric lifting 40” Sony HD 3D television with a hinged mount for proper viewing from the settees
- Yamaha RX v671 Entertainment AV receiver
- 3D DVD player
- Sony Marine Drive 5 XM radio, MP3, iPod, CD with remote at the binnacle
- Bose surround sound speakers in the salon and speakers in the cockpit
- Intellian satellite tracking TV system (dome mounted aft)
Unrivaled luxury and comfort, the master stateroom aboard SOOLAIMON are what you would expect in a much larger yacht. This on-the-water sanctuary includes a king-size berth with seats framed on either side. The cabin lights can be controlled from the entry and at the berth, and high teak bookshelves are located on either side for all your reading materials. Large, his and her hanging lockers, drawers, and cabinets are located port and starboard. The Samsung 26" TV is inconspicuously mounted to port on a swivel bracket for easy viewing from both sides of the berth (includes a DVD and the aforementioned satellite TV). The queen berth with a 100% natural latex 8” thick custom mattress swings up on gas shocks providing access to equipment and additional storage beneath.
The ensuite master cabin head has a separate shower stall with a Corian seat and a luxurious marble floor. The design is similar to the forward head and includes a freshwater Vacuflush marine toilet, light Corian vanity, white bulkheads, and louvered teak medicine cabinet and locker faces. All the fixtures are of the highest quality and fitting for a yacht of such caliber.
FORWARD VIP STATEROOM
The yacht's forward section is an expansive VIP guest cabin with a centerline queen berth with an 8” natural latex hypoallergenic custom mattress. For storage, large banks of drawers, tall hanging lockers, and shelving incorporated into the joinery offer guests room for their belongings for extended voyaging or comfortable short stays. Just forward of the main salon, hidden within the main bulkhead, is a solid teak pocket door that can be closed to segment off the forward section of the yacht, including the forward VIP stateroom, starboard guest cabin, and the forward head. This configuration is ideal for VIP guests, families, or the ability to host charter guests such that they have their own private living space.
- A solid teak pocket door enables the forward section of the yacht to be segmented entirely off for maximum privacy. Ideal for families or the ability to host luxury VIP charters.
- Centerline queen berth with a 100% natural latex 8” thick custom mattress
Forward of the saloon is the guest's head with a separate stall shower and marble floors. The shower also includes a custom infrared sauna, Corian shower seat, and beautiful teak paneling above. Above the Corian vanity counter is stainless-lined medicine cabinets with mirrored faces. Outboard of the freshwater Vacuflush head is a Corian counter with additional storage underneath. Below the vanity and shelf are teak louvered locker doors. Overhead is an opening deck hatch for ventilation. The sanitary hoses have been updated with Shields Rubber PolyX sanitation hoses with a lifetime warranty against odor permeation.
- Freshwater Vacuflush marine toilet with Shields Rubber PolyX sanitation hoses
- Marble flooring in the separate stall shower
- Custom infrared sauna
- Corian shower seat
- Solid teak accent paneling incorporated into the shower overhead
- Corian vanity countertop surfaces with storage below
- Stainless steel lined mirrored medicine cabinets
STARBOARD GUEST CABIN & OFFICE
To starboard between the main saloon and VIP forward cabin is an impressively large private study with a wide teak deck. There are three wide custom teak-faced rollout filing cabinets, a double hanging locker, multiple shelves, and a computer cabinet. When desired, the desktop fully converts to a very comfortable single guest cabin with a natural latex 8” custom mattress.
- Sizeable private study with a custom solid teak desk which can convert to a comfortable single berth with an 8" thick natural latex custom mattress
- Three teak-faced filing cabinets, double hanging locker, and multiple shelves.
You have never seen a galley like this on a 60' sailing yacht. The galley is truly a masterpiece of design and build quality with full-size appliances, great storage and organization, and acres of countertop space that will please even the most sophisticated chef! The light-colored Corian countertops, lower sliding cabinets locker faces, and integrated backsplashes complement the matching raised panel solid teak cabinetry, lockers, and drawers. Many of the cabinets have rollout shelves, and all the pantry drawers slide out and include organization shelves inside. There are multiple options for lighting within the galley and numerous opening portlights for natural light and proper ventilation.
Adjacent to the galley to port is a sizeable work area with a 1/8" stainless steel work surface that can double as a workbench or additional preparation area in the galley. This area is currently set up as a workshop for onboard projects and keeps the messy work of maintaining the boat organized and consolidated to a single location. This is an invaluable aspect of a proper cruising boat. Underneath the work surface is a bank of 4 wide, deep drawers and a large locker. Above the counter are double shelf lockers. There is a significant amount of storage and bin space for tools, spare parts, and anything you require to accomplish your projects.
- Custom light-colored Corian countertop surfaces with retaining fiddles
- Continental 316 stainless steel double basin sink with an In-Sink-Erator garbage disposal in the larger basin
- Designated drinking water spigot at the sink for the isolated and separate 25-gallon drinking water system. The filtered water runs through a micron filtration system resulting in the purest of water. This system is also plumbed into the ice maker. You will never need to bring bottled water aboard!
- 6 ft. centerline pantry with six deep drawers that move in a fore and aft direction allowing for access on either tack
- Front opening commercial quality stainless steel ten cu. ft. refrigerator and ten cu. ft. freezer with Technicold Colol Blue 12 volt holding plate systems and three compressors, one for each holding plate.
- The refrigerator and freezer boxes are wrapped with vacuum bagged insulation with additional insulation also added to the inside of the doors. A heating element is provided on the perimeter of each box to eliminate condensation.
- Temperature gauges for the refrigerator and freezer
- Force 10 4-burner stainless steel gimbaled stovetop with top-end broiler and oven.
- Trident automatic propane system with solenoid shutoff for the stove
- Miele full-size dishwasher – Very quiet operation!
- Broan trash compactor – Highly desirable for cruising the islands!
- Raritan ice maker plumbed to the purified drinking water
- Custom extra deep galley locker explicitly designed to accommodate the Rancilio Silvia espresso machine
- Corian sliding doors under the outboard cabinets
- Corian radius for sink counter enables easy cleanup
- Stovetop cutting board insert with storage slot when not in use
- Built-in GD 1400-watt microwave with top browning
- Galley lighting includes 12 cold cathode fluorescents with a dimmer switch
- Task lighting over the countertops
Navigation and Electronics
SOOLAIMON includes a navigation and communications suite with multiple redundancies and often back-ups for the back-ups! Three networked computer stations allow all information to be tracked from several areas. Important systems information and tankage can be monitored from both the helm and navigation center with multiple alarms.
- Furuno Navneet VX2 chart plotter with 4kW radar with 10” display (7" chart plotter at the helm)
- PC H67M-ITX/HT 12V navigation computer with 12V stabilized power supply and 17” 12V monitor configured with Nobeltec Time Zero Nav software.
- Full complement ofComnav NX2 sailing instruments including a back-up autopilot remote
- Marine Guard GPS world monitoring equipment monitors low volts, high water, intrusion, dock power, and boat location. Provides theft protection and peace of mind when away from the yacht. Capable of sending text and email alerts when activated. – No active subscription
- Cat5 internet and telephone landline cables to each cabin
- Bullet WiFi long-range antenna for the WiFi network
- Intellian 24” SAT TV antenna system with LNBs for Latin American and USA Direct TV – No active subscription
Aft of the port settee and adjacent to the cockpit companionway is the offshore navigation center with a built-in electronics console above and outboard the navigation table. The tabletop lifts to access a storage compartment. Under the forward half of the table is a bank of three deep drawers. Aft of the swivel navigation seat is the large breaker panels that are hinged for easy access. Multiple control panels, including the generator start panel, separate metered power panel for the auxiliary wind and solar power, and the master battery switches, beneath is a bookshelf.
- Furuno VX2 12" chart plotter radar display
- Raymarine ST8002 and ST6002 at the navigation station with a remote smart controller
- ICOM HF marine IC-M802 SSB radio with modem and backstay antenna has a spare antenna onboard and prewired for rapid installation.
- Standard Horizon Quantum GX3500S VHF radio with RAM mic (also mic at the helm and in master cabin)
- AIS Class B with silent mode
- Qualcomm Global Star sat phone installed – No active subscription.
- 12” Big-Bay multifunction display
- VHF RAM mic for the Standard Horizon Quantum VHF radio
- Furuno VX2 12" chart plotter radar display
Construction and Key Features of the Hull and Deck
SOLOMON is one of two 60' sailing yachts designed by Jack Corey and built by Antigua Yachts. Antigua Yachts manufactured many yachts in Florida, such as the Antigua 44' 53', in addition to the '60s, a 70' model, all designed by Jack Corey. Corinthian Boat Builders highly customized SOOLAIMON to accommodate her new owner's specific and detailed requirements for the ultimate in safety, comfort, and luxury.
- Solid fiberglass hull construction
- Oyster White Awlcraft hull paint and green stripes (2008)
- Longfin keel with integral 22,000 lbs of lead ballast
- Trinidad 1088 Ultra Glaze black bottom paint (April 2021)
- Watertight forward compartment bulkhead
- Forward anchor locker and lazarette have isolation bulkheads.
- End grain balsa cored fiberglass deck construction
- Oyster White Awlcraft topside paint with contrasting Moondust non-skid (2016)
- Twin dropdown stern seats with seat backs and cushions
- Stern arch with integrated davits with an array of antennas and prewiring for security cameras. The davits system incorporates a Rule T42 4,200 lbs 12-volt electric winch with foot and remote controls to hoist and lower the tender.
- Custom heavy-duty fiberglass dropdown stern swim platform with a built-in stainless-steel ladder. A highly desirable feature aboard SOOLAIMON with excellent access to the water.
- Very spacious aft deck with deep lockers providing a generous amount of on-deck storage
- Safe and secure decks with open side decks, a walk-in center cockpit, and a great fore and aft deck for lounging. One of the best deck layouts we've ever seen on a cruising yacht!
- Substantial 3/8” upper and ¼” lower wire lifelines with side boarding gates
- Stainless steel 8’ folding boarding ladder mountable at the port or starboard boarding gates
- Polished stainless-steel bowsprit
- Stainless steel Bollard with associated lined chocks
- Lazarette locker with watertight bulkhead
- (4) Bomar deck hatches
- (3) Hood Bomar vent hatches
- (7) Stainless steel opening portlights
- (2) Dorade vents
- 1 ¼” stainless steel mast bars
- 1” stainless steel handrails on the coach roof
- Lofran Falkon 1500 watt 24-volt double chain gypsy and capstan windlass – FK 002750
- Stainless steel bow capstan in addition to (8) 12” stainless steel deck cleats
- 110 lb Bruce anchor with 400’ of ½” G4 high tensile chain with a 5/8” swivel
- 110 lb Delta stainless steel anchor with 300’ of 3/8” G4 high tensile chain with a ½” swivel
- 30 lb Anchor Buddy with a 50’ retrieval line
- AA710 wireless remote for the windlass with digital chain counter
MAST AND RIGGING
Charleston aluminum mast – 63’ mast height from the waterline, 64’ to top of the instruments enabling US East Coast intercoastal waterway passage (Mast and rigging installed 2007). In 2016, the mast and boom were pulled and sandblasted to bare metal and recoated with 2 coats of Imron etching Chromate primer followed by 2 coats of Imron epoxy primer and 2 coats of Imron topcoat. All hardware was removed and replaced, cleaned, polished, etch primed, and Mari-Sealed before reinstall 2016. All wiring, equipment, and associated rigging components were serviced and inspected at that time.
- ICW Friendly mast height
- 1x19 stainless steel standing rigging – Single ½” 1x19 stainless steel backstay with Norseman fittings on a 7/8” threaded stud at the lower end, chromed bronze turnbuckles with T-Ball swage fittings at the upper end. Upper shrouds are 7/16” with Norseman fittings on 7/8” threaded stud fittings. Lower and intermediate shrouds are 7/16" with Norseman fittings on ¾" threaded studs. 5/16" Running backstays.
- LeisureFurl in-boom mainsail furling – Nearly 30’ in length to maximize the mainsail area in compensation for the ICW friendly mast height.
- Harken electric furling genoa
- Harken manual furling staysail (led to an electric winch)
- Forespar rigid boom vang
- (12) Spinlock Cam-0814 line clutches
- Harken tracks and blocks
- LED Tri-Color masthead light with high power Xenon LED strobe
- (10) LED mast illumination lights
- Foredeck spotlight
- (2) LED blue spreader lights
- LED steaming/deck light
- LED strobe light on masthead
SAILS AND WINCHES
- Mack Sails fully battened cruising mainsail – In-Boom furling
- Mack Sails 110% cruising genoa – Electric furling
- Self-tacking Mack Sails 100% cruising staysail – Manual furling
- (2) Anderson 68 Electric self-tailing two-speed primary winches
- Anderson 58 Electric self-tailing two-speed electric cockpit winch
- Anderson 58 self-tailing two-speed main sheet winch
- Anderson 46 self-tailing two-speed manual winch
- Anderson 46 self-tailing two-speed mast winch
- Walk-Thru entry from the side decks
- Complete EZ2CY cockpit enclosure with custom aft cockpit sunscreen
- Aft deck bimini cover
- Mid deck bimini cover extends from the front of the cockpit hardtop to the mast.
- Custom side deck shades
- The starboard cockpit cushions convert to a large berth for outside sleeping or lounging out while underway. A favorite feature of the owners! Does not interfere with the companionway due to its offset design.
- LED courtesy cockpit and deck lights
- Galley Mate stainless steel BBQ with rotisserie
- 1” stainless steel handrails
ENGINE AND MECHANICAL
- Yanmar 167 HP fresh water-cooled diesel
- ZF HSW-160 transmission with a 1.5 gear ratio
- Morse single lever throttle/shifter
- 24” 3 blade folding 2-speed Gori propeller
- PSS water-cooled Dripless shaft seal
- Perko bronze allow raw water strainers
- Sleipner SidePower bow thruster – New lower unit installed in 2017
- Sea-Star hydraulic steering with Accu-Steer hydraulic pump
- Spectra Newport MKII 12-volt DC watermaker – 19 GPH
- 3-Zone Polar Bay reverse cycle air conditioning 36,000 Total BTU with a single water pump with self-macerating filter
- Kohlenberg air horn and compressor
- Large inventory of spare parts and extra components
PLUMBING & TANKAGE
- Fuel: 450 Gallons FRP construction
- Water: 530 Gallons, FRP construction
- Holding Tanks: 45 gallons, FRP construction
- Drinking-Water: Dedicated 25-gallon tank
- Fuel transfer pump and a separate line for fuel polishing
- Wellcraft 20-gallon stainless steel water heater
- (3) Sea and Freshwater washdowns on deck
- Groco PS9000 brass freshwater system pump (2021)
- Groco 2-gallon house water accumulator (2021)
- SSI Hot and cold freshwater deck shower
- 63 GPM Emergency bilge pump (2021)
- Phasor 10kW generator (2013); 110V/220V with designated (separate from isolation transformer for dock power) transformer keeping 110V loads balanced
- (6) 8D Lifeline AGM batteries – 1530 Ah (January 2020)
- (4) Group 34 AGM batteries for the windlass, bow thruster, and electric furling genoa (2020)
- Group 27 AGM engine and generator start batteries (2020)
- Spare Optima Blue Top Marine Battery, Group Size 34M, 800 CCA (2021)
- 120/220-volt AC – 12 volt DC with dedicated AC and two DC electrical breaker panels
- Digital voltmeters and ammeters
- Well-organized electrical system expertly designed and wired with all primary wiring led through conduits.
- Isolation transformer will accept 120V/208V/240V shore powers – Limitless cruising potential!
- Thyristor surge protector mounted before the transformer.
- (2) Victron 12-volt 3000-watt 120-Amp inverter/chargers (2021)
- Xantrex 12-volt 2000-watt 60-Amp back-up inverter/charger (2020)
- 50 Amp 220-volt AC and 30-amp 110-volt AC electrical dockside services with every combination power cable necessary to accommodate any amperage. 100' 220-volt AC shore power cable with self-stowing Cable Master system for rapid, clean, and invisible storage.
- (2) 15 Amp Air Breeze wind generators
- (6) Solar panels, (4x 150W) mounted on the hardtop and (2x75W) on the arch – (3X New in May 2018)
- Utilizing wind and solar power, SOOLAIMON is self-sufficient at anchorage for extended periods without the need to run the AC generator and sufficient power supply to run the refrigerator and freezer while keeping the batteries topped off.
- LED courtesy cockpit and deck lights
- Halogen aft deck flood light
- Halogen rear flood light
- Jabsco 63042 6” high-power remote searchlight
Safety and Additional Items
- Since PVC EV Zattera 6-Man liferaft (Re-Certified in April 2021)
- Sea-Me active radar responder
- ACR Global Fix EPIRB 406 Mhz
- Alarms for the CO2 and propane system
- Security alarm system
- 63 GPM Emergency bilge pump (2021)
- Emergency crash pump
- 10’ Zodiac DL Cadet aluminum floor RIB (Dec. 2019)
- Tohatsu 9.8 HP 2-stroke outboard - 55lbs (Dec. 2019)
- Extensive inventory of spare parts and service items
- Tools and organization containers
- (2) Paddle Boards
- Heavy-duty fabric sewing machine
- Galley equipment, dishes, and silverware
- Dive compressor and tanks [Sold As-Is]
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.