A contemporary yacht that is a uniquely qualified blue water cruising yacht with emphasis on safety at sea, easy motion at sea and easy to maintain systems.
The Catalina 545 will be introduced at the 2019 United States Sailboat Show in Annapolis, Maryland. The Catalina 545 and all 5 Series yachts evolved by taking advantage of many of the proven and robust construction details included with all their larger models from the recent past.
Many additional innovations that define the 545 include:
- Two Watertight Collision Bulkheads-One Forward and One Aft
- Strike Zone below anchor locker with high density foam
- Dedicated 5th part structural grid
- Deep Defense rudder system
- Carbon Fiber cored Bulkheads glassed to the hull and deck
- Boxed Rudder Shaft System
- Ball N Socket chain plate system
- Built in Life Raft Storage
- Tempered glass deadlights and opening port lights
- Flush deck hatches
- Easy to manage self-tending headsail
- Deck gutter drains
- Drop down transom with garage storage
- Huge owners stateroom and flexible customization
- LED lighting throughout
- Engine, genset and water heater on the centerline with superior access
- Wide weather decks for unobstructed movement fore and aft
- Teak interiors
For a more in-depth breakdown of all the features, see our videos using the link below.