Model: Pilot 35 Sloop
Located In: Coconut Grove, FL
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
JAAN TOO was originally built in 1965 for Henry Hinckley as his personal boat (the name is a combination of his two daughters’ first names). She was later sold to an owner in Marblehead, MA where she spent many years and was owned by the commodore of the Eastern Yacht Club and was the flagship of the club in 1975 and 1976.
Her current owner has extensively upgraded her, with recent improvements including:
- New Awlgrip hull paint
- Bottom stripped and repainted
- New engine
- New autopilot
- New standing and running rigging
- Recent sails
- Recent chainplates
She is ready to go for her next owner and is a beautiful example of a well-kept Pilot 35
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 9.5 ft
Maximum Draft: 5 ft
Displacement: 13,500 lb
Ballast: 4,200 lb
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3YM30AE
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 30|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (70 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (35 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 (20 Gallon)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
JAAN TOO represents an extensively updated and beautifully maintained Pilot 35 with all of the major systems replaced or updated. Her new engine with under 100 hours will provide years of reliable service. Recent hull paint, bottom strip and interior and exterior varnish have her looking great. Currently on a mooring in Coconut Grove, FL (which may be able to convey with the vessel for a local buyer) she lacks nothing and is ready to go for her new owner.
- Hand laid fiberglass hull and deck
- Deck is set in a 6" flange in the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint.
- 4200 lbs. lead external keel fastened with 3/4" Everdur bolts.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides (2021)
- White gelcoat deck with molded-in light tan nonskid on deck and cockpit sole.
- Blue white boot stripe (2021)
- Gold cove stripe
- Black bottom paint (Bottom stripped and repainted 2021)
- Oiled teak exterior trim
- Hinckley stainless steel stemhead with bow roller and integral chocks.
- Oiled teak: toe rails, deck trim, handrails, hatch boxes, cockpit inboard coaming and trim and aft lazarette hatch.
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits, stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines with gates.
- White translucent cover on opening hatches with oiled teak hatch box
- (5) fixed ports and windows with opening portlight in head.
- Custom housetop varnished teak anchor chocks
- Stainless steel genoa tracks on coamings.
Large aft cockpit with a bridge deck:
- Dodger over companionway
- Bimini – new in Ocean Blue Sunbrella
- Teak covered interior coamings included built-in winch pockets.
- Two (2) spacious sail lockers - Fiberglass opening cockpit seats with rubber gaskets and drains
- Screened sole scuppers.
- Cockpit cushions
Pedestal wheel steering
- Stainless steel 32” steering wheel with elkhide covered rim.
- Switch panel and engine controls are located conveniently for helmsman.
- Stainless steel pedestal guard - with mounted Garmin chartplotter/radar.
- Compass mounted in stainless steel binnacle with cover.
- Primary winches - convenient to the helmsman
- Helm cover (2010)
Accommodations include two cabins and a separate Head layout that is finished in varnished light mahogany, a white overhead and a solid teak and holly sole.
The Main Cabin includes the Galley, Galley/Nav area and the Main Salon forward. Forward is a separate Head and the Master Stateroom.
Entry to the Main Cabin is from the cockpit companionway steps immediately into the handy Galley and Nav areas:
GALLEY - Full-width Aft - features:
- Formica countertops with stainless steel trim
- Gimballed three burner Hillerange propane stove with oven and broiler.
- Matching Formica stove cover - stores behind stove - adds additional workspace.
- Varnished mahogany cup rack outboard.
- Sliding door locker storage outboard.
- Port offers natural light.
- Stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Dry locker outboard is counter hatch-top accessed.
- Drawer storage
- Switches and gauge in aft bulkhead
- 12-volt lighting
- Large icebox, accessed through countertop hatches.
- Countertop acts as chart table and there is chart storage above.
- Dish storage and electronics outboard - behind sliding doors.
- Electrical panel - Aft.
- Chart storage in locker above outboard starboard locker
Varnished mahogany half bulkhead separates the main salon from the galley areas.
- Bulkhead mounted, fold-down varnished mahogany dining table - has port and starboard settees/transom berths to provide seating.
- Salon can sleep four - Two in the settee/transom berths and two in the pilot berths outboard port and starboard.
- Storage is under the berths.
- 12-volt light forward of the berth.
- A hanging locker is starboard and forward of the berths.
Forward bulkhead includes:
- Large custom shelf
- 12-volt bulkhead mounted lighting.
A solid door forward is available to separate the Forward Stateroom from the Main Cabin area.
HEAD (Next forward to port):
- A solid door leads into the Head from main cabin.
Head features include:
- A fiberglass pan sole for easy cleaning.
- Formica countertop
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures.
- Telephone-style shower.
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Jabsco head with holding tank and macerator pump to overboard discharge
- Linen locker and storage locker with varnished mahogany door outboard.
- V-berth forward
- Seat between with cushion and access under cushion.
- Storage area underneath the berths.
- Forward access to forepeak that has additional storage space.
- Ports and an overhead opening hatch with screen.
- 2016 Yanmar 3YM30AE 30hp diesel engine
- Engine is easily accessible for maintenance.
- Racor 500 fuel filter
- 1” stainless steel prop shaft with dripless shaft seal
- Three bladed prop
- Electric bilge pump
- Manual Whale gusher manual bilge pump.
- Jabsco Fresh water pump
- Fresh water manual pump at galley
- Allcraft 5 gallon water heater
- Holding tank with Y-valve and overboard discharge pump (pump new 2021)
- 12v system with separate starting and house batteries
- 12v circuit panel with breaker and voltmeter
- Xantrex Freedom HF 1000 Inverter/charger
- Removable solar panel
ELECTRONICS & NAVAGATION:
- Garmin GPSmap 741XS charplotter in NavPod at the helm
- Garmin GMR 18 HD Radome
- B&G WS320 wireless wind sensor with B&G display at helm (2021)
- Furuno Multi instrument displays for speed and depth
- Icom IC-M506 VHF
- Raymarine EV100 wheel autopilot (new 2021)
- Constellation 5” compass
- Fusion MS-RA 205 Stereo with four speakers
SPARS, RIGGING & SAILS:
- Hinckley fabricated aluminum mast and boom
- New stainless steel wire standing rigging (2015)
- New stainless steel chainplates (2015)
- Harken roller furling headstay
- Stainless steel rigid vang
- Spinnaker mast on track with spinnaker pole and storage chocks on deck
- Barient 22 self tailing primary winches
- Self tailing winch on mast for halyards
- Doyle main (approximately 8 years old)
- Doyle 130% Genoa (approximately 4 years old)
- Doyle spinnaker
- Ocean Blue Sunbrella stack pack with lazyjacks (new 2021)
- Danforth anchor with chain/rope rode
- Life ring
- (2) portable fire extinguishers
- Clock and Barometer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.