1980 Tayana Vancouver 422019 Westerbeke 70 HP Main w/ only 275 hours (Re-powered in 2019)Proven blue water sailboat in turnkey condition!Ready for Bluewater adventures
Do Not let her Age fool you she has been updated and ready to cruise.
S/V Defiance is a proven blue water sailboat in turnkey condition. Her current owners liveaboard. They have spared no expense in refitting her for world cruising. But, life circumstances changed and they must now sell their beloved home. Defiance is ready to take you around the world in safety, comfort, and old world style.
Contact us today for more information and to schedule your personal showing.
Showing Info & Availability: S/V Defiance will be making her way south to warmer waters. She is presently berthed in Charleston, SC however she will be making her way South to Titusville, FL Estimated arrival mid September. Below is a estimated cruising Log if you would like to see her along the way down the coast.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 12.42 ft
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 70 HP
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 70|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
AccommodationsUpgrades & Maintenance
Recent Upgrades, Maintenance & Improvements:
• Full bottom job (2022) sandblasted down to fiberglass, then 3x epoxy coated, 3x barrier coat, 2.5x Petit Trinidad HD hard bottom paint
Sails & Rigging:
• New standing rigging (2023)
• New running rigging (2023)
• Removed, inspected, and resealed chainplates (2023)
• Rebuilt forestay furler (2023)
• New 48% staysail (2022)
• 3 reef, full batten main sail (excellent condition)
• 93% high cut jib 10 oz Dacron, (fair condition)
• 120% Genoa (