The True “Blue Water Boat” built like a tank and laden with teak, the Hans Christian 38 Traditional (sometimes known as the 38T) is a heavy displacement double-ender that gives the classic feel of a bygone age. It traces its origins back to the work of Colin Archer, who in turn inspired William Aitkin, This Harwood Ives design met the demand for the salty Scandinavian double-ended styling.
- Boat bottom was peeled and had 4 coats of WEST Epoxy and Petite Barrier coat applied
- Teak decks were removed
- Air Conditioning (2) Units 16k BTU
- 5.2k BTU Generator NexGen
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 12.33 ft
Maximum Draft: 6 ft
Displacement: 26,500 lb
Bridge Clearance: 55 ft
Engine Brand: Isuzu
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 60|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 100 ( )
Fuel Tanks: 100 ( )
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
- Teak and Holly sole
- Chart Table - Starboard
- Starboard Quarter berth space has been enclosed for Generator w/ Sound Shield
- Guest Cabin - Port
- Spacious Galley Port
- Dining Table
- Master cabin and head forward.
- Double SS Sink
- 3 Burner Propane Stove w/ Oven - Shipmate
- 12V/110 Refrigeration - Alder Barber
- Pressure H/C Water system
- Water heater 110v/engine
- Manual Fresh water system
- Sea water Pump
- 3.5 KW Generator - NexGen - < 10 Hrs Battery 1 year old.
- 12v and 110v System
- Shore Cords
- Battery Charger 2022
- 3 AGM Start/house/windlass 2022
- 2 Air Conditioner units - 16k Btu and 5.2K Btu
- Raymarine i50 (2) 2017
- Raymarine Wind 2017
- Raymarine Autopilot 2017
- Raymarine Radar 2017
Sails and Rigging
- Neil Pryde Main w/ Cover
- Jib w/Roller Furling
- Club footed Staysail w/ Cover (all Sails 20+ yrs old)
- Storm Track on Mast
Deck and Hull
- Heavy mold reinforced Fiberglass hull with Molded Boot Top
- Full Keel
- Teak decks removed old Core removed Decks re-laminated and Awlgriped w/nonskid (Major Refit in 2017)
- Mast sanded and panted during Refit
- Bowsprit replaced during Refit.
- 3 Blade Fixed prop protected by Rudder
- Companion Dodger
- NOTE - During renovation the cap-rail was removed and the Hull/Deck joint resealed.
The asking price accounts for the following systems that are inoperable or in need of attention:
- Rear Air Conditioner is original, inoperable and needs replacing. Forward unit has been replaced and is operable.
- 3 pieces of teak laminate are missing from the cockpit seats.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information in an effort to represent you as a buyer in the purchase of this vessel.