BRUCE ROBERTS NORFOLK 43, PROFESSIONALLY BUILT BY OCEANSTAR MARINE, INTERIOR FINISHED BY LITTLE HARBOR MARINE & HINCKLEY IN PORTSMOUTH, RI.
Sail anywhere with confidence aboard this rugged and strong ice-breaker! This is a steel boat that was built right. The construction of “Steal Away” is as solid as it looks. She is properly insulated above the waterline and coated both on the exterior and interior. From her stainless steel Samson posts to her oversized Maxwell windlass, she’s built to withstand anything. Her in-mast Hood roller furling main makes her easy to sail, and her wind and solar power give her self-sufficiency. Truly a special boat, built and finished by some of the most professional yards in the industry. Properly maintained and coated, she is rust-free, with thick insulation above the waterline.
This is truly a no-nonsense cruising boat designed to cross oceans, not your average fiberglass production boat!
- Launched in 1998
- Awlgrip Max Barrier Coat used inside and out
- 2007 Yanmar 4JH3E – low hours as conveyed by owner
- 2020 bottom paint
- 2020 new main Mack sail
- 2020 Air Conditioning — Coleman
- 2020 new Sea Frost refrigerator
- 2017 Cutlass Bearing
- 2016 3 AGM 8D house batteries and 1 group 31 starting battery
- Generator — Polaris
- Wind generator — Ampair 100
- Custom arch with solar panels
- Stainless steel dinghy davits
- Maxwell electric anchor windlass
- Harken roller furling jib
- Lewmar winches in cockpit — 2 x 48, 2 x 58, and 1 x 40
- Andersen line tender in cockpit
- Garmin GPSMAP 741X
- Autohelm depth sounder
- Furuno Radar
- Raymarine ST6000+ autopilot with remote
- Kenwood HF transceiver
- Icom VHF
- AmplePower energy monitor
- Hear Interface Inverter
- Isolation transformer — 3.6 KVA
- Meticulous wiring that’s easily accessible
- 120 gallons water in 2 separate tanks
- 80 gallons diesel in 4 separate tanks
- Beautifully maintained teak and mahogany interior
- Ample storage for circumnavigation
- Water heater
From the companionway hatch, you enter into a very spacious cabin with a salon table to port and well-appointed nav station to starboard. The engine is under the cockpit, allowing full walk-through access on either side of the engine compartment. The starboard side hold the galley and port a workshop which could also be converted to a cabin with berths.
Aft of this and aft of the engine is a large master stateroom.
Forward, there is a full head to port and a private v-berth.
One of the most impressive things about this boat is the amount of storage and the many access points where you can see into the bilge, inspect tanks, and properly maintain the vessel. This is truly a world cruiser!
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 13 ft
Maximum Draft: 6.5 ft
Bridge Clearance: 62.42 ft
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3E
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 56|horsepower