ALLEGRO is a two owner boat that was carefully thought out during her build process and fastidiously maintained ever since. A rare opportunity to own a Hinckley B-40 of this caliber.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 11.75 ft
Maximum Draft: 8.75 ft
Displacement: 20,000 lb
Ballast: 6,500 lb
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: fwc diesel
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 55|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (110 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (48 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 (18 Gallon)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
ALLEGRO was one of the last B40’s built and as such her trim and finish level is more like the SW42 than earlier B40’s and should be at the top of the list for anyone looking for an excellent B40. She sleeps 5 in her Dinette/Nav interior that is finished in satin with gloss highlighted varnished mahogany with white overhead and a gloss varnished teak and holly sole . ALLEGRO is for sale from her second owner and has benefited from the experience and care of both owners who continuously and meticulously maintained and upgraded her.
Recent work includes:
- New Westerbeke 55hp engine installed 2014
- Galley countertop replaced 2014
- Galley sink and faucet replaced 2014
- New engine and start batteries 2014
- Dodger canvas replaced 2010
- All cabin cushion foam and covers new in 2007.
- All brass Frigast lights removed and replaced with same style brass Xenon units with lifetime warranty 2003, Still like new
- Tempurpedic mattress 2007
- New VacuFlush head and 18-gallon holding tank 2007
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Oyster White with Cloud Gray nonskid molded in
- White Boottop
- Gold Cove Stripe
- Green Bottom
- Teak-varnished exterior wood.
Solid fiberglass hull, reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas. Balsa cored deck is set in a 6’ flange which is molded into the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Nonskid pattern is molded into the deck.
- External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts
- Bronze centerboard is operated Hydraulically from helm
- Solid teak guard rail runs full-length just below sheer to protect topsides from pilings.
- Propane tanks are installed in lazarette locker (sealed and drained overboard)
- Toerail, taffrail and rubrail stripped to bare wood and built up with 8 coats of varnish 2009 and protected with maintenance coats annually since.
A large comfortable cockpit incorporates seating all the way around with varnished teak coamings designed at a height and angle for optimal back support when seated.
Cockpit features include:
- Dodger – White Sunbrella
- Tan with Blue/piping Cockpit cushions
- Edson pedestal wheel steering with integrated engine gear and throttle controls and binnacle mounted compass
- Stainless steel 40” wheel covered with elkhide cover
- Hinckley folding varnished teak cockpit table mounted on pedestal
- Hinckley varnished teak cockpit drink holders mounted ab