SOUTHERN SEAS is a premier example of one of Hinckley’s hallmark and most recognizable classic designs – the timeless 36 EP Picnic Boat. Lovingly cared for by only her second owner, she has enjoyed consistent maintenance and impeccable care throughout her entire life, all documented by a collection of maintenance records kept since the day she left the factory.
Originally stored indoors for the first 15 years of her life, and now enjoying home in Beautiful Charleston, SC… she stands out in any port. And from her new Garmin Electronics, underway cockpit and cabin AC, fresh varnish throughout and recent full service, to her painted Flag Blue Awlgrip hull (2016), she wants for nothing, and shows just as you’d expect for a boat with her pedigree.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 10 ft
Maximum Draft: 1.75 ft
Dry Weight: 11,700 lb
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6LY2A-STP
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 480|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (35 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (160 Gallon)
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
The 36 EP Picnic Boat has proven to be a timeless daycruiser, second to none in terms of handling, performance and of course craftsmanship. Each Hinckley being a custom, built-to-order vessel created by the finest craftsmen in the trade, the undeniable tradition of quality and style follows you into every harbor, anchorage or dock you choose to visit.
From her climate controlled cockpit, with eisenglass enclosure across the back for the chillier (or warmer) days, to the open chaise and aft bench seat under the sun (unless you choose to utilize the custom sunshade of course) and the bench seat and table under the hardtop in the pilothouse, her layout offers numerous areas for entertaining, and the captain is right in the mix with amazing visibility all around.
Below, a galley with two burner stove, drop in fridge and small microwave, along with a V-berth and separate head offer all the necessities if one were to choose to spend a night or weekend aboard.
Engine access is made easy with a full lifting midsection, and complete jet drive and steering access is aft beneath the bench seat below two drop in storage bins.
The deck is well laid out, the woodwork and joinery (interior and exterior) is exquisite, having just been fully varnished only months ago, and her profile is a recognizable symbol of luxury to all who see her.
Pilothouse / Cockpit
- Pilothouse L shaped settee - new upholstery 2022
- Overhead lighting
- Overhead grab rails
- Pilothouse Triangle table top - freshly varnished
- 4 overhead hatches with blackout screens
- Eisenglass enclosure (in excellent shape)
- Deep well sink with hot and cold water
- Large drop in cooler with drain
- Storage along starboard walkway
- Mini chaise aft facing seating new upholstery 2022
- Aft bench seat with new upholstery 2022
- Removable storage below aft bench seat providing jet drive and steering access
- Removable/adjustable/foldable table for aft seating area
- Boarding ladder (mounts port or starboard side)
- Oversized cockpit scuppers with stainless screens
- Cup holders
- Flag pole mount
- Overhead matching textulene sun shade with stainless poles to fit in rod holders
- Two stainless rod holders
- Full cockpit mooring cover
- Magma stainless bbq grill
- Fender hanging mounts
- Dual Stidd helm chairs - New upholstery
- New Garmin 7615 plotter/Sounder MFD
- New Garmin radar <