Outstanding optioned one owner masterpiece, only one of two J/95 equipped with Hall Spars carbon mast and carbon V boom, offering the ultimate in sail management and storage. Keel centerboard and twin rudders provide nimble down and upwind performance in just over 3 feet of water. Encore has been maintained with an open check book, hauled and stored inside every summer. Only 28 hours on new Yanmar diesel. Removable transom dock box. Raymarine sea hood mounted instruments and autopilot control make single handed sailing easier than ever. Complete inventory of racing sails hardly flown. Racing prepped and maintained bottom. She’s ready to offer the sailing adventure of a lifetime for you, friends, family.
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 10 ft
Maximum Draft: 5.5 ft
Dry Weight: 6,000 lb
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: Yanmar
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 15|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Number of heads: 1Sail Area
Working Sail Area : 450.00 sq ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
This elegant 31 foot design offers an exciting level of sailing joy, and broadens the daysailing and weekending horizons of those living on the many shallow bays of New England, the Cape, Great South Bay, the Jersey Shore and Chesapeake, Low Country of Georgia and the Carolinas, the Intracoastal, Bahamas, Florida Keys, the Gulf Coast, inland lakes of the Mid & South West and estuaries of Northern California and the Pacific Northwest.Because it's a J Boat, you know the J/95 will be a great sailing and seaworthy boat in any depth of water. The latest in modern hull design with long waterline is combined with a carbon fiber mast and low VCG (vertical center of gravity) lead keel containing a fully retractable centerboard. The result is an exceptionally fast and stable boat capable of sailing in 3 feet of water. J/95 will outperform existing, deeper-draft keel dayboats of the retro "pretty" genre by a wide margin and in many cases at a fraction of the cost. The J/95 offers the best of both worlds?.now you can moor a beautiful yacht off the end of your dock without having to limit how far you can sail in a day.The J/95 features a comfortable T-shaped cockpit (the same size as the 40 foot J/122) with removable transom locker; wheel steering; a retractable bow sprit in a hidden housing for some downwind fun with masthead asymmetric spinnaker; two berths for the occasional overnight adventure; enclosed marine head; and a 15 hp diesel auxiliary saildrive to get you home if the wind dies. J/95 is unique in that it's designed to sail well on all points whether in "shoal" mode with board up or in "deep" mode with the board down. When one does run aground (and almost all boats eventually do), the center board will pivot up creating potentially far less damage than what would be expected with a deep keel or vertical dagger board grounding. Not since the introduction of the J/22 in 1983 has such an exciting new keelboat been available to sailors who live near shoal water areas. These areas are simply not reachable with most keelboats, let alone one that looks and performs so beautifully.
- Hull and Deck
- Hull and deck built with resin infusion molding system using biaxial and unidirectional glass fabrics and Baltek end-grained balsa and foam cores.
- Structure is engineered to ABS and ISO standards by John Fox of FCS Design.
- 10 year transferable warranty against hull blistering, 5 year structural warranty.
- GRP molded structural grid with longitudinal and transverse keel support beams and composite mast bearing beam with aluminum tapping plate and limber holes to the bilge.
- White gel coat hull with single tapered boot stripe.
- Two large cockpit seat storage lockers.
- Swimming and boarding platform with integral safety telescoping ladder.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded to hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to head and forepeak.
- Fixed 2,250 lb lead keel bolted and bonded to shallow molded sump in hull.
- Pivoting 200 lb. cast bronze centerboard.
- Fully removable centerboard shim system assembly with custom SS plates, pivot pin, and mechanically fastened UHMW shim plates.
- Centerboard lifting system with Spectron Pennant from Hall Rigging, 6:1 Harken purchase leading through the deck to the cockpit for an adjustable sailing draft between 3' and 5.5'.
- Interior access port to centerboard lifting components within head area.
Engine and Steering
- 2 cylinder 14 HP Yanmar engine with saildrive and 15" Flex-O-Fold geared folding propeller.
- Yanmar engine instrument panel with tachometer, engine hour gauge and water, oil pressure alarms and separate fuel gauge in cockpit with acrylic splash cover.
- Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- Waterlock muffler with exhaust run aft to SS transom exhaust fitting.
- 15 gal fuel tank with baffles and inspection port.
- Balanced twin rudder system with self-aligning JP-3 rudder bearings and rudder shafts.
- Edson steering components including bulkhead steerer, radial drive, tiller arm, link bar, articulock idler sheaves and wire chain assembly.
- 44" leather covered Edson destroyer wheel mounted on custom molded steering pedestal.
- Ritchie binnacle mounted compass and custom fabricated SS wheel guard/handhold.
- Custom fabricated emergency tiller
- Off-white ORC foredeck toe rails (Option for varnished full length teak rails).
- Low maintenance custom stainless handrails on cabin house (PandS).
- (2) Harken 40.2STA 2 speed self-tailing winches mounted on cockpit coamings (PandS).
- (2) Harken 32.2A, 2 speed self-tailing winches mounted beside companionway (PandS).
- Triple Harken deck organizers (PandS).
- Two 10" Harken Speed-Grip winch handles.
- Two PVC winch handle holders shipped loose
- Custom stainless fabricated mast collar with halyard attachment bar.
- 6 Harken mast collar turning blocks
- Spinlock XTS triple rope clutches (PandS).
- Two Harken pin stop cars mounted on Harken 2751 jib tracks with cheek blocks mounted on cockpit coaming forward of winches.
- Floor mounted Harken mainsheet traveler track with 4:1 Harken traveler control system leading to cockpit vertical wall to Harken 150 cam cleats (PandS).
- 5:1 Harken mainsheet system leading to Harken 144 swivel cam base on a custom SS riser mounted on centerline aft of the traveler.
- 10:1 fine tune adjustment system.
- Four 8" Herreshoff style SS mooring cleats.
- Interior ventilation from two framed BSI Moonlight opening ports in sides of cabin trunk and offshore style forward skylight deck hatch above V-berth. (option for 2 add'l cockpit opening ports).
- Companionway opening with SS covered PVC slider tracks, large gutter drains, molded seahood with sliding cover.
- Acrylic offshore removable dropboard in aluminum frame with inside/outside lockable hasp.
- Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm position with SS transom exhaust fitting.
- Two polypropylene mesh line bags for halyard and sheet line tail storage.
- Custom designed and fabricated SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay fittings.
- Four (4) folding padeyes for attachment points of spinnaker blocks.
- Custom SS bow and stern rails with Perko integral navigation lights.
- SS removable stanchions with double lifelines PandS and at transom.
- One AGM Group 27 battery (option for 2nd battery)
- 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
- 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 8 circuit breakers.
- Navigation and steaming lights.
- UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
- Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
- Two swiveling reading lights in main cabin.
- Two red/white dome lights
- Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation.
Spars and Rigging
- Hall Spars tapered aluminum mast, with double airfoil aluminum spreaders, main, jib and spinnaker halyard sheaves, luff track integral to section with mast finished in off-white Awlgrip.
- G10 fiberglass mast step with fore/aft adjustment slots and SS padeye for through bolt securing of mast to step.
- Mast Wedge
- Aluminum boom with provision for 2 reefs, 8:1 internal mainsail outhaul in Awlgrip off-white.
- Continuous rod rigging with adjustable shroud turnbuckles.
- Running rigging package with main halyard, jib halyard, two jib sheets, main sheet, single line reef, traveler control lines, and centerboard pennant and control line.
- Sailtec integral -8 hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Rigid boomvang with purchase
- Harken MK IV Unit 0 headsail furler with control leading aft through 2 fairleads to Harken 150 cam cleat mounted on port cabin side.
- Bowsprit prep package - internal fiberglass sprit tube installed with flush cover. Optional asymmetric spinnaker gear package includes carbon sprit, bearings, retrieval purchase, blocks and running rigging.
- Off White main bulkhead with varnished teak trim, teak oval door opening with white door.
- Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin and head.
- Teak trimmed storage bins outboard of each settee berth seat back.
- Igloo Cooler
- Raritan PH-II marine head with 14 gal holding tank and "Y" valve.
- Molded sink with overboard drain in head.
- Choice of fabrics for settee cushions.
- Vinyl liner finish on main cabin and head overhead and main cabin hull sides. Air dry gelcoat finish on hull sides in head and V-berth area and aft storage lockers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat may not be listed by Massey Yacht Sales & Service and may be listed by another brokerage company. This listing is made available as a courtesy to those visiting our website.
The advertising broker is merely providing this information