INDEPENDENCE is Hylas Yachts’ most recent construction of the H70 Flagship series. She was designed by renowned German Frers and built by one of the world’s most experienced quality yacht builders, Queen Long Marine, exclusively for Hylas Yachts. Without compromise, INDEPENDENCE has enjoyed the benefit of a professionally managed maintenance program under the constant care of the same captain since her commissioning in August 2015.
With a spacious 4-stateroom interior arrangement, exquisite teak joinery with louvered cabinetry, raised panel doors, and modern bamboo cabin sole with teak stringers, INDEPENDENCE is a yacht designed to enhance the comfort and enjoyment of her crew and is especially well suited to long-distance cruising. Her equipment and amenities are simply unmatched and, upon inspection, will be noted to be superior to any current offering in her class.
The gorgeous teak deck is finished with light-colored caulking chosen for its modern aesthetics and gentleness on the feet in the warm summer sun. The deck is unrestricted, flowing to meet the topsides with a graceful sheer and a reverse counter stern with an integral swim platform and transom garage. The lines of the Hylas 70 are both modern and timeless. She’s beautiful.
Whether you’re a coastal cruiser, potential circumnavigator, or seeking a yacht with charter potential, INDEPENDENCE is a luxury performance cruising yacht with the integrity, exquisite finish, and state-of-the-art systems necessary to go anywhere.
- Bow thruster and retractable stern thruster
- New generation deck styling with the wrap-around raised salon window design
- The lowest hours of any H70 currently offered for resale with the larger and improved Yanmar 6BY 3rd generation 260 HP engine and desirable Northern Lights 12kW generator.
- Fully integrated Bose audio/visual entertainment system with four independent zones
- Incredibly well-equipped galley with six refrigerator/freezer units, 5-burner stovetop with oven and broiler, dishwasher, wine cooler, trash compactor, convection oven, and espresso machine
- KVH TracPhone and TracVision satellite systems for high-speed internet, phone, and television
- Navigation and communication for unrestricted global voyaging; four touchscreen Lighthouse II displays, the latest Raymarine i70 instruments, and extensive communication equipment, including both SSB and Sat systems
- Spectra water maker with autorun and self-maintaining cycles upgraded with Z-Ion membrane protection system
- CruiseAir 4-zone 66,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning system
- Separate full-size washing machine and dryer
- Simpson electric davits
Full SpecsBoat Name
Beam: 18 ft
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 6BY3-260
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Fresh Water Tanks: 4 (360 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 4 (740 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 4 (88 Gallon)
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 4
INDEPENDENCE has a four-cabin layout with a large VIP stateroom forward, a double guest cabin forward and to port, a guest/crew cabin with over under bunks off the aft starboard passageway, and a sizeable master stateroom aft. The VIP, guest/crew, and master staterooms feature ensuite private heads.
The main salon of INDEPENDENCE is an oasis on the water. A notable feature is the newer styling of the raised salon windows, through which natural light fills the main salon. The tasteful, contemporary styling of the yacht was accomplished with the advisement of Merle Stewart Design in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Custom soft goods, pillows, throws and tucked leatherette upholstery make for a very appealing and welcoming interior.
The galley is located aft and to the port of the main salon. It features a large walkthrough layout with top-of-the-line appliances and numerous unique features designed to enhance your and your guest's enjoyment and comfort aboard the yacht. To starboard is a functional navigator station with a wrap-around deck and a full complement of equipment designed for global voyaging.
Interior Styling & Features:
- Bamboo cabin sole with teak stringers throughout the yacht, including in the heads
- Louvered solid teak cabinetry and raised panel doors with custom radial styling.
- Teak joinery with satin varnish finishes in the main salon, galley, and living quarters.
- White Oak walls and joinery in the heads with complimenting dark teak accents and trim
- Blue Pearl granite countertop surfaces and backsplashes in the galley and heads
- Merle Steward Designs of Fort LauderdaleTucked Leatherette upholstery in the main salon
- Custom throw pillows for main salon settees
- Two sets of custom-fitted, high thread count sheets and pillowcases in each cabin
- Custom fitted duvets and comforters in each cabin.
- Large deck hatches with teak trim and opening screens throughout with OceanAir SkyScreen 2 concealed hatch screens and shades in the master stateroom.
- Teak grab rails and fiddled surfaces for traversing the interior while underway
- Isolus 2.5" liquid gel memory foam mattress toppers with custom covers for each berth
The main salon of INDEPENDENCE is both spacious and bright as a result of her 18 ft. beam; large wrap-around raised salon windows, two large deck hatches, and fixed hull windows. An L-shaped settee wraps around the large custom teak table with ebony, and holy compass rose inlay to port. Inboard, two folding bench seats with tie-down anchors can be installed for additional seating or serve as cocktail tables with the cushions removed. To starboard is a full-length settee with a coffee table. Outboard of both settees, cabinets, and bookshelves provide storage.
Forward VIP Stateroom
Guests will appreciate the comfort and luxury of the large forward VIP stateroom with its island centerline queen berth, an abundance of storage, and ensuite access to the forward head and shower. The stateroom is inviting, with natural light entering through the forward hull windows and a large deck hatch with teak trim and screen.
Above and on either side of the berth are several cabinets, bookshelves, and fiddled shelving. At the foot of the berth are two huge drawers. To starboard is a tall hanging locker, and to port is a wardrobe with a bank of three drawers below.
VIP Ensuite Head and Day Head with Shared Shower
The ensuite head for the VIP stateroom and day head, accessible by the forward passageway, features three mirrored medicine cabinets, fiddled granite countertops and backsplash, a sink, and Jabsco freshwater electric flush toilets. Both heads share a stall shower equipped with a linen closet outboard and teak shower grate and seat. Ventilation is provided by two 3-speed Bora fans and three opening portlights.
Forward Guest Stateroom
The guest cabin is located forward of the main salon and to port. The comfortable double cabin features a sizeable Pullman style berth and convenient access to the forward head across the passageway. Three large cabinets outboard, a wardrobe forward, and a nightstand with fiddled shelving and drawers offer ample storage. This is a light and well-ventilated cabin with three opening portlights, a large screened deck hatch, and a dorade vent overhead.
Under the berth are a full-size washing machine and a separate dryer. This has proven to be very convenient and highly desirable when cruising. The water maker is also housed here and includes a custom enclosure designed to allow the storage of items in the locker without fear of damaging the components.
Aft Guest/Crew Cabin
Designed for crew accommodations but used more frequently by the current owner for when the grandchildren are aboard, the aft guest/crew cabin is accessed through the aft passageway and features over-under single bunks with drawers beneath, a tall hanging locker, two opening portlights, as well as reading lights and a 3-speed Bora fan for each berth. Ensuite head with separate stall shower.
Aft Head with Ensuite Access from the Guest/Crew Cabin and Master Stateroom
Aft and to starboard, the aft head is accessible from both the guest/crew cabin and the master stateroom. This head includes three mirrored medicine cabinets, a sink, Jabsco freshwater electric flush toilet, a separate stall shower with a teak grate, a shower seat, and a linen closet. A 3-speed Bora fan and opening portlight