EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION WITH MANY DESIRABLE OPTIONS & RECENT IMPROVEMENTS
The Hylas 56 was designed by German Frers and built by the world’s foremost yacht builders, Queen Long Marine, the exclusive builder of Hylas Yachts. First launched in 2010, the 56 is a mid-sized luxury bluewater cruiser that has earned acclaim throughout the world of sailing as one of the most popular models developed by Hylas. THE GLASS SLIPPER is Hull 21 of 27 built.
THE GLASS SLIPPER is a one-owner Hylas 56 launched in July 2016. Her attentive owners have spent the Summer seasons cruising Maine and New England while wintering in Florida with the occasional cruise to the Bahamas. Always professionally maintained, the yacht is in exceptional condition and has benefited from numerous recent improvements, such as new sails, a new lithium house battery system, and new hull paint. She is also one of the most highly optioned Hylas 56 ever built and incorporates unique design elements that set her apart from her sisterships. Standout features include her performance carbon fiber tall rig, Park Avenue boom, Navtec solid rod rigging, custom bow sprit, Victron lithium house battery system, two cabin maple interior, Anderson electric winches, shoal draft keel, and more.
Many small details have been incorporated into the yacht to preserve the sleek, modern appearance and natural elegance of her Frers design. For example, on the exterior, extra hull windows were added at the bow and custom-designed to be flush-fit with a frameless appearance. An additional deck hatch was added forward, and the hatches are all flush-mounted, eliminating the bulky steel frames. On the interior, many electrical switches, charging ports, and other necessary systems are cleverly concealed yet wholly accessible. And the astoundingly abundant cabinetry has been smartly configured to preserve the sense of openness and natural lighting throughout the yacht. Stepping aboard THE GLASS SLIPPER, it is readily apparent that the owners obsessed over every detail and design decision, both large and small.
- NEW Black awlgrip hull paint – April 2023
- NEW North Sails NPL Tour mainsail and genoa – April 2023
- Selden carbon fiber performance mast and Park Avenue boom
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang and backstay
- Custom stainless steel bow sprit
- GMT carbon fiber whisker pole
- NavTec rod rigging
- Upgraded Anderson winches – All cockpit winches are electric
- Simpson Series S300 Series 10 electric stainless steel davits
- Side Power bow thruster
- Northern Lights 9kW generator
- 1200 Ah VIctron Lithium battery system for the house bank. All electrical systems, including the 110/220V systems, can be run through the house bank batteries independent of the generator and shore power – NEW April 2021
- Three Zone CruiseAir reverse cycle air conditioning – capable of operating independently of shore power and generator! No more running the generator to enjoy cool air.
- Spectra 400 MKII Watermaker
- MaxProp 4-blade folding propeller with line cutter – NEW Dec 2021
- X-Caliber Headhunter silent water pump – NEW Jan 2017
- Highly customized two cabin, two head interior with a contemporary maple interior
- Attractive finishes – granite countertops, solid teak cabin sole, and UltraLeather
- Bream central vacuum system run throughout the yacht
- VacuFlush freshwater heads
- Splendide 2100XC combination washer and dryer
- Loaded galley! Frigoboat fridge/freezer, induction cooktop, microwave / convection oven, dishwasher, trash compactor, ice maker, and more!
- Full suite of Raymarine cruising electronics – MFD, instruments, color radar, and AIS
- Raymarine autopilot with SmartController wireless remote and Mamba direct drive unit
- ICom VHF and SSB radios
- Lots of great communication gear – Starlink, 5G WiFi extender, VHF & SSB, Iridium Go
- Siren Security / Monitoring system.
- Fusion stereo system with zoned speaker controls.
- Samsung televisions with KVH TV1 System + Apple TV – salon, master, and VIP cabin
Full SpecsBoat Name
The Glass Slipper
Beam: 15.83 ft
Maximum Draft: 6.33 ft
Bridge Clearance: 82 ft
Dry Weight: 50,200 lb
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH4-HTE
Engine/Fuel Type: diesel
Engine Power: 110|horsepower
Engine Type: Inboard
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (232 Gallon)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (323 Gallon)
Holding Tanks: 1 (64 Gallon)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
THE GLASS SLIPPER features a highly optioned two-cabin, two-head interior explicitly developed to maximize comfort, living space, and storage for long-distance cruising. The interior is exquisitely crafted with maple joinery, granite countertops, UltraLeather fabrics, custom fixtures, and other choice materials.
Interior Styling & Additional Features:
- Highly customized maple joinery with contemporary flat panel cabinetry.
- The passageways and cabin doors are styled with the preferred contemporary flat panel design, incorporating modern square tops, maple joinery and trim, and high-quality stainless-steel door latches and concealed hinges.
- Solid teak, positive locking cabin sole for offshore sailing, laid on solid, epoxy sealed subflooring, and finished with an epoxy urethane coating for exceptional durability and beauty.
- Cedar-lined hanging lockers and cabinets with numerous removable shelves and automatic LED lighting.
- Continuous maple fiddled handholds throughout designed for safely traversing the interior while underway.
- Soft white valance back lighting in the main salon and in the galley.
- Attractive Cameo White headliners with easy to remove Velcro attachments. The headliner on THE GLASS SLIPPER has been specifically designed to promote uninterrupted